Mathematics Extension 1 Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Heresy

HSC
What does everyone think Q14 will be this year?

I'm guessing a monster Projectile Question like it usually is, or even something like a mix of Binomial Probability or Harder Permutations/ Combinations.

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Circle geometry. Not gonna lie those hsc writers seem to like their geometry lately.

StudyOnly

HSC
You think it might be a SHM question? Haven't really seen one of those as a last question.

Arrowshaft

HSC
I hope it’s as easy as 2017. That growth/decay question was MAD easy, even the parametrics was easy, I felt it was easier than 2014 q13 parametrics, those students got lucky. Can only imagine all the 100’s. Compared, I feel 2018 was way harder in order to balance the easiness. So i think they learnt their lesson and might go even this time and chuck us a balanced paper.

TeheeCat

HSC
I don't think Circle Geometry will be the final question, but rather show up a lot in the other Qs. Has Circle Geometry ever been in the final Q of any 3U exam?

@Heresy Dude, I just realised you have three exams in a row next week. :( Are you alright?

Heresy

HSC
I don't think Circle Geometry will be the final question, but rather show up a lot in the other Qs. Has Circle Geometry ever been in the final Q of any 3U exam?

@Heresy Dude, I just realised you have three exams in a row next week. :( Are you alright?
No 😂

Heresy

HSC
I hope it’s as easy as 2017. That growth/decay question was MAD easy, even the parametrics was easy, I felt it was easier than 2014 q13 parametrics, those students got lucky. Can only imagine all the 100’s. Compared, I feel 2018 was way harder in order to balance the easiness. So i think they learnt their lesson and might go even this time and chuck us a balanced paper.
I hope so.
P.S. Love the signature my guy.

TheOnePheeph

HSC
I highly doubt that the last questions of MX1 and MX2 will both be on Circle Geometry.
Yeah fair point, it probably won't happen. Just saying it wouldn't surprise me with how much they like geometry in HSC. Also I don't actually think circle geo has ever been the last question of an HSC, unless you count 2009 which was slightly different anyway

Arrowshaft

HSC

2009. Geometry in general though is common, it was in 2009, 2008, 2006 and 2001. 2008 being the strangest with triangles within parabolas, still a very fun problem though! The style Reminded me of 2013 last question mechanics from the 4u paper.

Arrowshaft

HSC

Also nice to hear your success story in physics, @TeheeCat ! Knew you’d make it through, congrats! :)

Skuxxgolfer

HSC
N/A
Yeah fair point, it probably won't happen. Just saying it wouldn't surprise me with how much they like geometry in HSC. Also I don't actually think circle geo has ever been the last question of an HSC, unless you count 2009 which was slightly different anyway
Dont forget 2012

TeheeCat

HSC
If you finish recent HSC exams + going through them, is it better to redo them or attempt new papers? If it's the latter, which papers should one do? (e.g Pre-2001 HSC, selective school trials, CSSA etc....)

Also nice to hear your success story in physics, @TeheeCat ! Knew you’d make it through, congrats! :)
Thank you so much!! :) Not going to lie, Physics is still my weakest subject (apart from English) but I'm very happy with my final rank in the cohort at least

akkjen

HSC
N/A
how are you guys going with projectile motion? i can do some but it's often a hit or miss (some of the hard i dont get as i dont see the manipulation to get the result). any tips on improving? thnks

Heresy

HSC
If you finish recent HSC exams + going through them, is it better to redo them or attempt new papers? If it's the latter, which papers should one do? (e.g Pre-2001 HSC, selective school trials, CSSA etc....)

Thank you so much!! :) Not going to lie, Physics is still my weakest subject (apart from English) but I'm very happy with my final rank in the cohort at least
What papers have you done? If you have run out try some Sydney Grammar Papers (2012-2018) as they are around the same difficulty of the MX1 HSC.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Depending on what your goals are you could try the BoS trials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)