Mathematics Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A

Attachments

Last edited:

Luukas.2

HSC
are we talking about 12e? i made x the subject and then squared it and integrated
Yes, I'm suggesting you may have made an error in the squaring, which would explain getting the 800pi term but not the 6 ln 3... and my earlier post should have y's rather than x's, fyi... I'll go and correct it.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Lucid's solution for 14(c)(ii) is wrong as the vectors given as OP and OQ are actually IP and JQ. Question 10 is wrong, too.
Well that's the danger of being the first to be out with solutions. They will be first to be wrong too.

Ant..

HSC
Yes, I'm suggesting you may have made an error in the squaring, which would explain getting the 800pi term but not the 6 ln 3... and my earlier post should have y's rather than x's, fyi... I'll go and correct it.
ye bro im an idiot i just squared each term i didnt expand the brackets if that makes sense. im so dumb

Luukas.2

HSC
Well that's the danger of being the first to be out with solutions. You'll be first to be wrong too.
Indeed, and it is helpful to people to put out solutions... I also see it as helpful to note where they need corrections. Everyone makes mistakes. :)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
The questions there definitely looked interesting. Whilst doable, with the time constraints and pressures of knowing this is the final exam you have for X1, I'd say this year was pretty hard.

Luukas.2

HSC
ye bro im an idiot i just squared each term i didnt expand the brackets if that makes sense. im so dumb
Everyone makes mistakes. They aren't going to say "Oh, you expanded a binomial expression incorrectly, you get 0 for the whole of Q12 plus a fifty mark penalty off your raw score!"

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Guys for the gym equipment q for part i, I wrote the expression then simplified it
But for part ii) I wrote the expression and used the answer from ii) and gave my final answer as a value instead of the expression
Pls don’t tell me I will lose marks for that

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Guys for the gym equipment q for part i, I wrote the expression then simplified it
But for part ii) I wrote the expression and used the answer from ii) and gave my final answer as a value instead of the expression
Pls don’t tell me I will lose marks for that
Technically you gave an expression it was just in decimals rather than indices and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)