Maths Tuition - 3U STATE RANK (1 Viewer)

Balls2u

HSC
Eww, Penriff :p

I never had him, so I can't really comment. My friends who were in his class say he's quite good though!
How rude of me, yeah good job on the results nooblet! I live in the area you can tutor in, so if I start struggling with 2/3 unit this year, I know who to call :D

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

aloeveraa

HSC
hi, will you be willing to tutor in burwood, ashfield or strathfield? 2 people? 4u and 3u?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for letting me know about it, I sent them and email so we'll see how things go.
Even though it is nice to get hired, I'd recommend that you have your own classes because working for tutoring companies, they pay you pretty much nothing in comparison to how much is paid by students.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Even though it is nice to get hired, I'd recommend that you have your own classes because working for tutoring companies, they pay you pretty much nothing in comparison to how much is paid by students.
That's true, but I figured it's worth at least checking out. It's also useful to have a company as a reference and whatnot.

fionarykim

HSC
Only placed 9th?

Come on mate...

They decide your 3U ranks based on 4U marks if you all got 100 in 3U. So out of all the others that got 100 in 3U, only 8 beat him in 4U.
No i dont mean 9th is not good, i think its amazing
i just didnt know that the 3u ranks were also related to the 4u marks
what if a person who got 100 in 3u didnt do 4u? that would mean he would be placed even lower? :O
doesnt sound very fair D:

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
You obviously don't know much, or have first hand details of tutors in companies. My bro and sen lin are really good mates, gotta tell you, it's by no comparison "nothing"

Dylanamali

HSC
You obviously don't know much, or have first hand details of tutors in companies. My bro and sen lin are really good mates, gotta tell you, it's by no comparison "nothing"
My Dux College tutor was only getting payed a rate of $35/hour..
considering there were about 8-10 or so students in each class paying $25/hour each for 2 hours - totalling $400-$500.
I would say that it is preety much "nothing".. $70/$500
can't comment on other companies though.. but I can't really see tutors getting payed excessive amounts (unless they like created the tutoring companies syllabus/notes etc).

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
My Dux College tutor was only getting payed a rate of $35/hour..
considering there were about 8-10 or so students in each class paying $25/hour each for 2 hours - totalling $400-$500.
I would say that it is preety much "nothing".. $70/$500
can't comment on other companies though.. but I can't really see tutors getting payed excessive amounts (unless they like created the tutoring companies syllabus/notes etc).
Yeah its a different rate at talent 100, but my point was because someth1ng said you get paid really badly in comparison to private tutoring, which is not the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)