Matrix vs Harry's (Maths) (1 Viewer)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Does he make up the questions himself or does he get them from a textbook?
I think he made them up... I mean there's an extent to which you can make up maths questions, since so many are similar... most teachers just look through random textbooks and pick out hard ones, change the numbers of something.

The booklets had his own notes too, but he'd go through extra stuff during class/proofs etc.

I remember once he was really angry because he found out another coaching centre had been taking his stuff and using it as their own, so I assume in that case most or all of it would be his own?

DSar

HSC
So I went to trial Harry's yesterday and I must say the thing that intrigued me the most was that he was such a happy person; it made me happy too. It's a very fun environment to be in and the learning experience was great! It's funny how we went through the notes you recently gave me SpiralFlex :L.

DSar

HSC
Does he make up the questions himself or does he get them from a textbook?
Oh I think he might have gotten some question from some textbooks. I remember a time when I observed my friend doing homework from Harry's, I noticed the questions in Quadratic Functions came out of the Fitzpatrick 2U book.

If it hadn't been for that I wouldn't be so doubtful over Matrix and Harry's.

DSar

HSC
I think he made them up... I mean there's an extent to which you can make up maths questions, since so many are similar... most teachers just look through random textbooks and pick out hard ones, change the numbers of something.

The booklets had his own notes too, but he'd go through extra stuff during class/proofs etc.

I remember once he was really angry because he found out another coaching centre had been taking his stuff and using it as their own, so I assume in that case most or all of it would be his own?
What'd he do when he got angry? :haha:
I just imagine him turning into a hulk.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Did you learn Area under curve? Did he talk about the great Spiral? He is very happy. That's why I am excited each week.

Last edited:

DSar

HSC
Did you learn Area under curve? Did he talk about the great Spiral? He is very happy. That's why I am excited each week.
We just finish type 2 of find Area under the curve. He didn't mention anything about the accelerated class, only the top students of the normal class.

I just skimmed through the list of top achievers in term 1

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL when I say angry... I mean angry for him haha. He kind of just huffed idek.. at first he looked kinda pissed and spoke reaaally quietly but then he was like smiling... while being pissed "No...you can't do that. Very bad, very bad" or something lol. It sounded funny esp since he was trying to put on a polite face + his accent... but everyone knew he was being super serious ><

Then he faded off, and it was silent for a bit and then he suddenly turned around and started working on a problem.

big_bang344

HSC
Do you guys know how to get into Harry's accelerated maths class? Do you like have to take a test or anything?

nightweaver066

HSC
Do you guys know how to get into Harry's accelerated maths class? Do you like have to take a test or anything?
No test, just ask if you could join the class. It doesn't depend on anything, as long as you're confident you can cope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)