McDonalds or KFC? (1 Viewer)

ccc123

HSC
stariiskiez said:
I've worked in maccas and i dont like it at all. Maybe because i worked in one of branches in the city and it's rarely bludgy. Training is okay. The managers in my branches werent that nice either, they tell you off for the oddest things. :mad1: Maybe it's different in non- city branches, but then it's harder to get in.
Wow your my new best friend lol. I work at macca's and it's really dodgy; the managers are really fastidious and unreasonable and there is little flexibility. Oh and during my shift yesterday someone stole my thongs and my t-shirt. Thats the second time i've had stuff stolen and they just don't seem to care.

Anyway, um i doubt the pupose of this thread was to give me the opportunity to have a personalised rant about my hate for maccas, so to avoid digressing any further, i'm going to answer the original question.

Maccas is probably better because it's more widely recognised for having good training. If you end up working there i hope it's better for you then it is for me.

ccc123

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
If your gonna work at KFC, dont work out back. You'll come home everyday covered in an inch thick layer of grease, flour, and chicken blood.
Yeah its the same at maccas and i don't even work out back. I come home encased in a layer of grease and smell of fries for days...eugh.

Pace_T

HSC
anybody working at kfc at 20+ years old is a shitcunt unless of course u become a manager like 1 of my frends who does jack all for lots of moolah
the thread starter is male so i think maccas is betta from personal experience coz in the back theres heaps more guys working with u so theres less responsibility n u can bludge more

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
work at whichever one has less customers... if you know he maccas you would work at is always hectic busy then dont work there[like the airport maccas, you would have to be crazy to work there]

if they are about even then it doesnt matter... personally i like kfc food better and one of my friends takes home trays of chicken every now and then so its win win.

TwoNiner

HSC
Ha funny you mention the Airport Macca's. I've got an interview at one of them tomorrow.

TwoNiner

HSC
Well I went to the interview, got an email yesterday saying I've got the job, did the online module things and a day later I'm waiting for a call to notify me of my first shift. For anyone thats been through it all before, is this normal?

.ShAkEdOwN.

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
Macca because you get discounts for other Maccas
umm.. kfc gives you discounts for other kfcs, pizza hut & taco bell.

i love kfc & dam its absolutely hard work.
im trained to do pretty much everything coz its only a small store.
& as for the training.... if you stick it out at kfc for 1.5 years & counting [like me] its shows future employers that you are reliable, able to meet deadlines & work under pressure.
from my experiences maccas pays much more. but i never really researched it.

i hated kfc food before i worked thier.. now i dont mind it at all. strange huh?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
.ShAkEdOwN. said:
umm.. kfc gives you discounts for other kfcs, pizza hut & taco bell.
Not to mention the percentage discount is much more. Although, because kfc is so expensive to begin with, the price of meals works out to be about the same.

burls

HSC
Hi everyone i think macca's is the better one but hey i work there. You get heaps good training and its a good thing to have on your resume. You meet heaps of friends and you have heaps of opportunitys:wave:

rachaelemma

HSC
KFC defs they have those new sub things maccas is so generic and boring...

i love KFC but i never really eat it

has anyone had red rooster... opnions?:shy:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
wuddie said:
you cant be serious, why would you consider working at either of them? crap pay plus hard work... unless you're desperate
you cant be serious..arent you the one who was bagging out people for complaining about their jobs in the other thread? so what is it that you do that is so fantastic, majestic wuddie?

G

Gavvvvvin

I don't think future employers actually give a rats ass whether you work at McDonalds or KFC. McDonalds doesn't have better training, as someone else said you can only get so good at mopping the floor and operating the grill :rolleyes:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
you cant be serious..arent you the one who was bagging out people for complaining about their jobs in the other thread? so what is it that you do that is so fantastic, majestic wuddie?
i don't work for maccas or kfc so i am not complaining about MY job. technically, i am bagging out the people who work at maccas or kfc.

what do i do? i am a customer service team leader at the scg/aussie stadium. in reference to that 'rule' thread, i deal with about 10,000 people on an event day, from all walks of life, and i love my job.

and what is your job which makes you more qualified to complain than me?

G

Gavvvvvin

You think that just because you work at Aussie Stadium and you job title involves "team leader" that your somehow better than someone who works at McDonalds? Your a fuckin moron mate.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
You think that just because you work at Aussie Stadium and you job title involves "team leader" that your somehow better than someone who works at McDonalds? Your a fuckin moron mate.
i didn't say i was better than someone who works at maccas, i said my JOB was. read, dickhead.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well i have applied about 5 times to my local maccas figuring that of all the places around in my local area it would be fairly easy to acquire a job. But so far no success and they havent been hiring for a while as far as i'm aware (my maccas, not all of them).

im thinking of applying to KFC even though the idea really kinda makes me a bit ill (i fucking hate KFC unless its for a hangover cure)...but i need a job. sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)