McDonalds or KFC? (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Gavvvvvin said:
You think that just because you work at Aussie Stadium and you job title involves "team leader" that your somehow better than someone who works at McDonalds? Your a fuckin moron mate.
Actually, yes. A majority of the employees at my local McDonalds not only give the worst customer service and have terrible food preparation; they lack the common sense to do simple tasks such as turning off an ice cream machine.

People get paid more and have more responsibilities for a reason - they not only have a higher level of complex thinking and the skill of problem solving, but more importantly, add value to a business through their services. Comparatively, an idiot who can't even take a simple order from a customer, is 'better' in the sense of the marketplace?

Black Hawker

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Actually, yes. A majority of the employees at my local McDonalds not only give the worst customer service and have terrible food preparation; they lack the common sense to do simple tasks such as turning off an ice cream machine.

People get paid more and have more responsibilities for a reason - they not only have a higher level of complex thinking and the skill of problem solving, but more importantly, add value to a business through their services. Comparatively, an idiot who can't even take a simple order from a customer, is 'better' in the sense of the marketplace?
Well you got to highlight the bit that says majority. I used to work at Maccas, but I certainly lack higher level of thinking.

On the other hand, Maccas became too boring for me, so I quit... :D

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
again, please, just come to your senses. do you REALLY want to lower yourself to working at giant fast food stores where they are famous for their low paying employees? i'd understand if you tried all else, and i mean all, and failed and in desperate need of money. but working at maccas or kfc is almost like prostitution, the difference is, you get used and abused by more than 1 person per hour, and get paid less.

try iga, retail stores, telemarketing places, somewhere you'd actually want to work. anything but these rubbish jobs.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
again, please, just come to your senses. do you REALLY want to lower yourself to working at giant fast food stores where they are famous for their low paying employees? i'd understand if you tried all else, and i mean all, and failed and in desperate need of money. but working at maccas or kfc is almost like prostitution, the difference is, you get used and abused by more than 1 person per hour, and get paid less.

try iga, retail stores, telemarketing places, somewhere you'd actually want to work. anything but these rubbish jobs.
Low? I’m surprised they’re generous enough to even give some of the people I’ve seen $8/hour.

I give credit to the employees there that actually do work hard, follow all ethical practices, or are there to support some unfortunate circumstance which they have no control over. But, I can’t stand people, for example, who drop out of school and drift through life like lumps of shit, holding a frame of thinking that a job at a fast food franchise or something similar with their tiny wages will support them for the rest of their life. Then they enter into the real world and then try to blame someone or something about how shit their life is. Or fucking stupid teenagers, complaining about how crap their pay is because they can’t afford to buy unnecessary shit, which they don’t need.

/rant.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hmm i thought i was disgusted with maccas, fire up mate.

yea if people only think about it before they apply for a maccas or kfc job, they'd know the pay is certainly not worth the work they put in.

but then again, we still need idiots to serve us over the counter. so you know what, i've changed my ways of thinking. if you're still dumb enough to apply for a maccas job, then you're certainly dumb enough to deserve the crap pay, so go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)