McDonald's to charge more in poorer suburbs (1 Viewer)

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I find it funny that the mayor's getting the community to boycott McDonald's in Logan. He's a fattie so he's probably really hurting inside, devastated he can't get his large meals for 50c less than he used to.

1. People in Logan probably can't afford it in the first place
2. McDonald's isn't holding a gun to their heads and demanding them to eat their food
3. Prices vary between stores, regardless of where you go. When I worked at Hungry Jack's, our prices (at a store next to the Pacific Highway & Gold Coast Highway bottleneck) were up to 30c lower than prices at another Hungry Jack's store at Pacific Fair, a major shopping centre 20 minutes away.

Point is: Stupid Logan people are stupid.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
It is, hence why I didn't think people in Logan could afford it in the first place.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If they will be maintaining sales, I'm confused as to how demand will be moderated. You seem to be saying that raising the prices will drive up profits and keep sales at the same rate.
Well maybe they want to reduce sales, yet sell at a higher value, so they can roster less staff, while still making reasonable profits, turning it into a premium, exclusive, high-value business model.

Fuck, idk, what am I mcdonalds business manager? They're making what they perceive as correct market regulation based on pricing.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The government will provide each Australian with a provision of one burger daily, in addition to their annual AM radio.

greekgun

HSC
wat ever happened to burger king? around 6 years ago they were everywhere and now i never see them?

HSC
Hungry Jacks bought the rights to sell their burgers in Australia. Then Burger King was like "LOL PROFITZ IN OZ" then there were legal battles.

Ergo Burger King lol'd no more.

erin.horan

HSC
they wont get poorer i bet coz i work 4 one of their competitors and its just a way 4 us 2 make prices higher without geten all ova the news about it:shouting:

HSC
N/A
who eats maccas more than once a month anyway? id stay away from all these fast food joints.

aussie-boy

HSC
i know theres a lot of dissent towards HSC economics here... BUT didnt the textbook say it was illegal to charge different prices for the same products in different markets

coopert

HSC
This is great.

Some study last year said that families who lived in poorer suburbs (i.e: West) were twice as likely of being obese. Therefore, by jacking up the prices, Macdonalds are making their food out of touch for the ordinary bogan; meaning they are doing a community service by potentially reducing obesity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)