Medical Science ... which UNI ? =D (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
How do you do lab work via distance education?

K

katie_tully

We have residential schools during the uni holidays at the Wagga Campus and do our pracs then. We cram a semesters worth of pracs into a 4 day space. Per subject though, 4 days per subject.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I'm personally going to UNSW for B.MedSci :) This degree at UNSW is a bit more flexible because you can choose electives in 1st year unlike USYD. I heard that the resources and teaching quality/experiences are at a high standard. I also heard that UNSW is more social than USYD as well :D

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
you could also consider Griffith University, if your willing to travel interstate to queensland, that is lol.
You do Med Science for two years and if you maintain a GPA of 5.5, you automaically get inducted into the graduate B Medicine/ Surgery degree.

Hope it helped,

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Nope you have to sit umat just to get into the accelerated med sci course at GU. Those who make it in are automatically guarenteed into the MBBS course provided they satisfy the academic standards.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Wooz said:
Nope you have to sit umat just to get into the accelerated med sci course at GU. Those who make it in are automatically guarenteed into the MBBS course provided they satisfy the academic standards.
Oh really? thanks Wooz.

Tim035

HSC
Yeah I've enjoyed 1st year med sci at UNSW, you get to do Anatomy for med science in 2nd semester which was a lot of fun. Unlike Sydney uni your not forced to do physics which was a real plus for me, you only have to do math statistics in 2nd semester which isn't really even maths lol. In 1st semester you can do phsycology or biotechnology or something as an elective instead of maths.

BTW I've never heard of this AIMS thing either, or ever seen it as a pre-requisite for a job anywhere. Also on that webpage I feel they really pingeon hole the limitations of what you can do with a medical science degree, theres more to it then testing samples/ doing research in a public hospital!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i was recommended to do the med science course at uts because the course offered there guarantees you a job as soon as you finish your course adn that this is not offered at other unis? is this true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)