• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

medicine [mbbs] (1 Viewer)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
sanjeevprasad99 said:
lol i havnt done n e of the medentry stuff yet!!!!, im saying that i stuffed the test we got at uts
Holy Moley, so you haven't even done one practice paper?

HSC
Shrikar said:
Holy Moley, so you haven't even done one practice paper?
nope lol, ill do it soon tho, i got other things to do [im not saying umat is not important to me....COZ IT IS!!!!! I WANNA DO MED!!!!!] lol, n u added me on msn:) nice to see ppl are reading my threads -_-

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
sanjeevprasad99 said:
nope lol, ill do it soon tho, i got other things to do [im not saying umat is not important to me....COZ IT IS!!!!! I WANNA DO MED!!!!!] lol, n u added me on msn:) nice to see ppl are reading my threads -_-
Lol.

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
Theres not much interest on the VCE board so i'm going to harass you good people

Firstly, ignore the MedEntry percentiles and only be interested in your raw scores. They're the best indicator, the percentiles are highly inflated by people who are just really commited to do well, the general pop will be much lower

I've done about 6 practice ones and my ave raw score is about 210, enough to get me an interview at UNSW with the ENTER/UAI me and my teacher agreed upon that i was likely to acheive.

If you get an interview, thats your chance to shine, if you have an ok UMAT(you got an interview, basically), the chances are you'll just have to get a "respectable" score if you can dominate your interview, which i'm sure you all can.

Don't bag UWS, they follow the Umelb cirriculum (basically)

PS fantastic luck to all

PPS The joy of being a rural kid is that Monash, UWS, UNCLE all have different entry schemes for us, so i don't directly compete with the majority of applicants

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
BA22 said:
Theres not much interest on the VCE board so i'm going to harass you good people

Firstly, ignore the MedEntry percentiles and only be interested in your raw scores. They're the best indicator, the percentiles are highly inflated by people who are just really commited to do well, the general pop will be much lower

I've done about 6 practice ones and my ave raw score is about 210, enough to get me an interview at UNSW with the ENTER/UAI me and my teacher agreed upon that i was likely to acheive.

If you get an interview, thats your chance to shine, if you have an ok UMAT(you got an interview, basically), the chances are you'll just have to get a "respectable" score if you can dominate your interview, which i'm sure you all can.

PS fantastic luck to all

PPS The joy of being a rural kid is that Monash, UWS, UNCLE all have different entry schemes for us, so i don't directly compete with the majority of applicants
Your average raw score for doing 6 practice papers was 210? Did you use the percentages you got or the percentiles? If you are using percentages, would this really be a good supliment for the percentiles.

Last edited:

kloudsurfer

HSC
BA22 said:

PS fantastic luck to all

Uh, I hate to break it to you, But Medentry doesnt give raw scores.

The percentages (which I assume you are using) are NOT the same as the RAW SCORES. The raws scores are calculated using some top secret method that no one but ACER knows.

They in no way correspond with your percentages.

And yes, being 'rural' is great. I knew i lived in Dubbo for 8 yrs for a reason...

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
I know someone will tell me im oposting in the wrong thread buuut which is better medentry or face2face or another umat coaching place?
and why is it so fucking expensive?

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Uh, I hate to break it to you, But Medentry doesnt give raw scores.

The percentages (which I assume you are using) are NOT the same as the RAW SCORES. The raws scores are calculated using some top secret method that no one but ACER knows.

They in no way correspond with your percentages.

And yes, being 'rural' is great. I knew i lived in Dubbo for 8 yrs for a reason...
narellan is practically rural.

HSC
Tiffanys said:
I know someone will tell me im oposting in the wrong thread buuut which is better medentry or face2face or another umat coaching place?
and why is it so fucking expensive?
lol its expencive coz they know ppl WILL GO!!! to them, coz ppl who wanna do med realli realli wanna get in bad!!!!!! and besides....$500 is not much if u make it into med!!!! U WILL B RICH!!!! its an investiment lol
hmm...medentry is good....but i use this other thing...[cant tell n e 1 about it] lmao
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
lol its expencive coz they know ppl WILL GO!!! to them, coz ppl who wanna do med realli realli wanna get in bad!!!!!! and besides....$500 is not much if u make it into med!!!! U WILL B RICH!!!! its an investiment lol
hmm...medentry is good....but i use this other thing...[cant tell n e 1 about it] lmao
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
y r there $1000 something 2 day workshops tho for medentry?
wheres the 500 dollar thing? should i start umat coaching this yr? im in yr 11.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Tiffanys said:

As for umat coaching in yr 11, i don't think you need it just yet.

Coz, no one can really "coach" you in umat, and the only thing that can really help you is if you do lots of practise papers. so, i would recommend doing a umat course next year.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
ssejamafone said:

As for umat coaching in yr 11, i don't think you need it just yet.

Coz, no one can really "coach" you in umat, and the only thing that can really help you is if you do lots of practise papers. so, i would recommend doing a umat course next year.
Okies but where can i get umat papers now?

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Tiffanys said:
Okies but where can i get umat papers now?
well, you can buy two practise papers from the umat.acer website: http://www.umatweb.acer.edu.au/

And to get other papers, you either have to pay for a umat course, and then they will provide you with 10 suitably difficult umat papers, as well as a heap of drills and other helpful practise things...

or, you could get a friend/someone who has already paid for a umat prep course, and steal the papers off them.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
ssejamafone said:
well, you can buy two practise papers from the umat.acer website: http://www.umatweb.acer.edu.au/

And to get other papers, you either have to pay for a umat course, and then they will provide you with 10 suitably difficult umat papers, as well as a heap of drills and other helpful practise things...

or, you could get a friend/someone who has already paid for a umat prep course, and steal the papers off them.
thanks for that,r the acer practice papers good? have u paid for 10 practice papers?

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Tiffanys said:
thanks for that,r the acer practice papers good? have u paid for 10 practice papers?
The acer papers are easier that the actual umat (or so i've heard), and the medentry practise papers are A LOT harder than the actualy umat (or so i've also heard).

Yeah, when i paid for my medentry course, i got the 10 practise papers and everything else on the list that i posted before. (i paid for the platinum package, but with a group discount). But i haven't done all the papers yet, and considering therre's only 2 weeks till the umat, i'm pretty stuffed.

So, a word of warning: DO THE PAPERS!!!!!!!!! Coz, the papers get removed off the website after the umat, and you can NEVER ACCESS THEM EVER AGAIN!!!! (well, i think so, at least ^^' i may just be wrong... )

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Tiffanys said:
lol i did it in years 10 , 11 & 12.
and i thought it was really useful.
that`s just me though - cos it takes ages for things to sink in :p

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
xclusv2bhung said:
Whoa, i bet you have improved heaps.

ssejamafone said:
The acer papers are easier that the actual umat (or so i've heard), and the medentry practise papers are A LOT harder than the actualy umat (or so i've also heard).

Yeah, when i paid for my medentry course, i got the 10 practise papers and everything else on the list that i posted before. (i paid for the platinum package, but with a group discount). But i haven't done all the papers yet, and considering therre's only 2 weeks till the umat, i'm pretty stuffed.

So, a word of warning: DO THE PAPERS!!!!!!!!! Coz, the papers get removed off the website after the umat, and you can NEVER ACCESS THEM EVER AGAIN!!!! (well, i think so, at least ^^' i may just be wrong... )
Yeah you are right, once its past 7.45 pm 25 July, the papers are no longer accessible to you. And you have to register with MedEntry again, next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
damn i KNEW i shouldve started in yr 9!
so medentry's good eh? inform me on ur umat results?
jks what program/package did u do?

PrettyVacant

HSC
Tiffanys said:
damn i KNEW i shouldve started in yr 9!
so medentry's good eh? inform me on ur umat results?
jks what program/package did u do?
www.umattest.com

=D It's free.

(But I think you only do it once per email account)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)