Medicine !!!! (1 Viewer)

b0redAsian

HSC
Hi guys,

i need some help, in getting into medicine.

Just say, i am unable to reach the 'recommended' ATAR of 97+ and don't make it into undergraduate medicine degree. What are my other options of getting into medicine?? (ie. Advanced Science --> medicine)

thanks

ethan1991

HSC
Do any other undergrad degree such as science or arts get a 5.5 gps and apply for the graduate course you will Also need to do a gamsat alternatively you good do the umat at the end of a bachelor degree and get into an undergrad course That way contact the. Uni ur thinking of and see, I'm gonna try these at the end Of mine. Best of luck to you.

zxreth

HSC
go for UWS, think u need like 93 ATAR to get into med there.

b0redAsian

HSC
go for UWS, think u need like 93 ATAR to get into med there.
ahh!! i heard that medicine degrees from UWS are not recognized or something ?? :S

well, yeah i was thinking of applying at UWS, also i live within the western Sydney district so i get i think up to 3 bonus ATAR points....

lizajane91

HSC
ahh!! i heard that medicine degrees from UWS are not recognized or something ?? :S ....
what idiot told you that?? ofcourse its recognised, and ive heard its agreat course like the rest of the med courses in australia. I wish ppl would get over the whole idea of prestige related to medical courses..it just isnt relevant what uni you go to in relation to so called prestige unless you are doing something like law or business i guess.

b0redAsian

HSC
what idiot told you that?? ofcourse its recognised, and ive heard its agreat course like the rest of the med courses in australia. I wish ppl would get over the whole idea of prestige related to medical courses..it just isnt relevant what uni you go to in relation to so called prestige unless you are doing something like law or business i guess.
http://community.boredofstudies.org...-sydney/249376/uws-actually-university/3.html

this thread says that UWS is actually a TAFE and that the medicine/law degrees are not up to requirements :S hence are not recognised ??

@utopianradical that is a weird coincidence :S lol anyways the UMAT is on the 28th of July so wish me luck :D

b0redAsian

HSC
thanks guys :)

what other universities offer undergraduate medicine degrees within a ATAR range of (95-97), and is within a 1 hr radius from Sydney ;)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)