Medicine (1 Viewer)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
I want to study medicine, what is all my option if I don't get a place straight away this year, plus I have financial difficulties, could this get me a place.

What are some easy uni that accetpt low Atar and umat. Is there any special offers for medicine or any entery scheme or anyother course where you can get a place.

Thanks

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
I want to study medicine, what is all my option if I don't get a place straight away this year, plus I have financial difficulties, could this get me a place.

What are some easy uni that accetpt low Atar and umat. Is there any special offers for medicine or any entery scheme or anyother course where you can get a place.

Thanks
1. What is all my option if I don't get a place straight away this year? Either try transferring from another degree or aim for post-grad medicine.
2. Financial difficulties? I don't think they take this into account. Even if you come from a low socio-economic school, you don't get any bonus points or special recommendation. But when applying to JCU (written application), maybe you could stress this out.
3. UWS is one easy uni to get into, if you do adv science/medical science and they lower the Umat and atar expectation (if you're a GWS student). I think they needed like a 5.5GPA, plus ~80% for Umat for Adv Science/Medical Science Adv students last year. But believe me, competition is intense and only ~6 students from all different UWS campuses get selected through this pathway for an INTERVIEW.
4. Special offers, not really... unless you're an indigenous student; then it'll be easier for you to get in.
5. Another course that you could get a place! I really don't know. The course from which you transfer into medicine really doesn't matter. Last year I witnessed Riproot who did Engineering at USYD transfer into medicine at UWS. Although, transferring into med from a relevant degree (i.e. Medical Science/Science Adv) is better, it really doesn't matter. I heard that Griffith uni has this provisional entry scheme. That is, if you finish medical science with a GPA >5.5, then you get into med... look it up. But don't think it's a CWS place (you have to pay $).

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
1. What is all my option if I don't get a place straight away this year? Either try transferring from another degree or aim for post-grad medicine.
2. Financial difficulties? I don't think they take this into account. Even if you come from a low socio-economic school, you don't get any bonus points or special recommendation. But when applying to JCU (written application), maybe you could stress this out.
3. UWS is one easy uni to get into, if you do adv science/medical science and they lower the Umat and atar expectation (if you're a GWS student). I think they needed like a 5.5GPA, plus ~80% for Umat for Adv Science/Medical Science Adv students last year. But believe me, competition is intense and only ~6 students from all different UWS campuses get selected through this pathway for an INTERVIEW.
4. Special offers, not really... unless you're an indigenous student; then it'll be easier for you to get in.
5. Another course that you could get a place! I really don't know. The course from which you transfer into medicine really doesn't matter. Last year I witnessed Riproot who did Engineering at USYD transfer into medicine at UWS. Although, transferring into med from a relevant degree (i.e. Medical Science/Science Adv) is better, it really doesn't matter. I heard that Griffith uni has this provisional entry scheme. That is, if you finish medical science with a GPA >5.5, then you get into med... look it up. But don't think it's a CWS place (you have to pay $).
QTAC gives bonuses maybe. I dun remember exactly, but my friend got at least 1 bonus point for entry into griffith (it might've been through UAC) because the school he went to was shit. So he got in with 99.25 (and rejected it obvi).

5. People in my course have transferred from or completed:
- Medical Science
- Health Science
- Science
- Radiography
- Nursing
- Engineering
- Actuarial studies
and probs more.

Griffith is CSP. Their dentistry programme is not.
Also, their provisional entry is:
- Attain ATAR of 99.75 to get into BMedSc.
- Finish (pass) 3 year BMedSc in 2 years by taking courses in summer school both years.
- Get into MBBS (now changing to MD)
Done.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
QTAC gives bonuses maybe. I dun remember exactly, but my friend got at least 1 bonus point for entry into griffith (it might've been through UAC) because the school he went to was shit. So he got in with 99.25 (and rejected it obvi).

5. People in my course have transferred from or completed:
- Medical Science
- Health Science
- Science
- Radiography
- Nursing
- Engineering
- Actuarial studies
and probs more.

Griffith is CSP. Their dentistry programme is not.
Also, their provisional entry is:
- Attain ATAR of 99.75 to get into BMedSc.
- Finish (pass) 3 year BMedSc in 2 years by taking courses in summer school both years.
- Get into MBBS (now changing to MD)
Done.
Thanks for the clarifications.
Just a general question. If someone gets into interstate med/dentistry, is it possible to transfer to another uni?
From what I've heard, it is only possible under extreme circumstances (i.e. seriously ill family member, psychological stress etc)?
Do you have anyone at UWS who transferred from another med school?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Just a general question. If someone gets into interstate med/dentistry, is it possible to transfer to another uni?
From what I've heard, it is only possible under extreme circumstances (i.e. seriously ill family member, psychological stress etc)?
Transferring with units is really difficult
you would probs have to start all over again
i think a guy in second year swapped from JMP at UoN to UWS
but that might be a rumour

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
i know someone who transferred from james cook med to uws med in 2nd year, however they had to start from the very beginning

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
what are my options if I get say 90 atar and did good in the Umat ( like 93 percentile), is there any uni that could accept this?

I know, HSC is stressful, but should I do, if I don't get the Atar, please guys any help, suggestion would be accept? I am really busy for studying for trials right now.

so I need to keep my options open, I am ready to even go overseas, if there are any good unis, that accepts you.

iBibah

HSC
what are my options if I get say 90 atar and did good in the Umat ( like 93 percentile), is there any uni that could accept this?

I know, HSC is stressful, but should I do, if I don't get the Atar, please guys any help, suggestion would be accept? I am really busy for studying for trials right now.

so I need to keep my options open, I am ready to even go overseas, if there are any good unis, that accepts you.
Just start undergrad in another course?

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Uws.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Monash

But it's really competitive, you would need a flawless interview and a high-90s UMAT percentile with that ATAR

Siddy123

HSC

u can study medicine at the university of zimbabwe
my mate got in with 88 atar and 0-20 UMAT.

nek minnit comes back to aus and degree isnt recognised..

iBibah

HSC

Dats plagiarism

(U know what I'm talkin about)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A

Guys is he right! is that even a university that's accepts medicine with 88 atar, if yes then why not, where exactly is it? You must be trolling "Siddy123" if your not prove it, bro.

Any suggestion/advice from anyone, Riproot how did you get into UWS medicine, I am really interested there, I would need atleast 93.55 right! I am a GWS student, what if I ace my umat like I get say 94 Umat. , help me out, bro!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)