• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mentors (1 Viewer)

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Hello
I heard at my school we allowed to pick a teacher to mentor us in year 12. Are any of you guys on the same boat?

Charlotte00

HSC
Yes, at my school they're implementing a new program for people who want to achieve 90+. Should be good.

starshine02

HSC
Yep. I think my school has this but it isn't for everyone. And I think we just get given a list and we get to choose.

enak101

HSC
That's cool. I wish my school would do that lol, all of the teachers are pretty supportive of the higher achieving students at my school though, since its ranked in 400's somewhere :p

madharris

HSC
N/A
Wow that would be really good, I wish I had something like that.

Is it like study skills, organisation and stuff like that?

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Just overheard from friends that a mentoring programming is on in year 12

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah they have it at my school too, where you preference four teachers to be your mentor in yr 12. Some teachers have lots of meetings with their people, some ignore them hah. I've had a mentor since like Year 8 though because you get a mentor for being a GAT student at my school.

It's a great program if you pick a good teacher that A) You get along with and B) Makes the effort with it. Super good for subject advice, uni things or just wandering into their staffroom when you want some free food and rant :p

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
This sounds so cool but I don't think my school has anything like this :(

Shazer2

HSC
I think they're there to sorta motivate you, and keep you on track. As well as answer any queries you may have etc.

starshine02

HSC
At my school i think they just make you keep a diary kinda thing and they track your progress weekly. they also have quick meetings just to see how you're going throughout the year and i think that's about it. i think if you need extra help with a subject they try to get another teacher to give you some help...

fionarykim

HSC
Same here!!
but its only 15 students
the first 15 haha I WAS FIRST TO PICK :DD
dunno if it works htough xP

suprwoman101

HSC
My school doesn't have anything like this, but because I have small classes (my biggest is 15 people to a class) the teachers are quite close and good to us... My legal and my modern history teachers are always happy to have a chat or help drag a few extra marks, or mark practice papers or essays plans etc. They are generally happy to help anyone to bring marks up or just to talk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)