miranda rta p's test (1 Viewer)

TimmyTheTool

HSC
Hmph failed cause this idiot thinks I started/stopped too quick yet drove 5-10kms below the limit, did not use a handbrake for a hillstart yet didn't roll back too far, and the dumbest of them all: pointing my wheels to the right before taking off to turn to the right. Who doesn't prepare their wheels by pointing them to the right? It was this guy who seemed alright. Hopefully I won't get dragon lady in 2 weeks time. I lost points cause of the wheel thing! My gosh!
No handbrake for a hill start :rofl:

No wonder why you failed. What were you thinking?

Honestly, I wouldn't of prepared my wheels no matter what. There is enough time to turn the corner after the lights are green.

I guess what you have to do now, is just work on it.

Especially the hill starts mate. You need that handbrake. It's not an optional accessory for a reason. YOU NEED IT.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You dont point your wheels before you turn because if you get rear ended you will go into incoming traffic

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
As if you actually NEED a handbrake to do a hillstart on a hill which isn't ridiculously steep. Just juggle the pedals quickly. If you're a beginner maybe, but it's not like I can't juggle pedals. I barely rolled back anyway.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Of course you don't need it but you are supposed to in the test. You don't NEED indicators if no one is around, or to come to a complete stop at a stopsign, or to put two hands on the wheel at all times etc.

Last edited:

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Of course you don't need it but you are supposed to in the test. You don't NEED indicators if no one is around, or to come to a complete stop at a stopsign, or to put two hands on the wheel at all times etc.
Lol true :p

pman

Banned
HSC
It was your first time as well, they look for every possible excuse to fail you that time, look at why I failed my second time, For breaking a road rule that wasn't in the book...I.e, the tester misunderstood the rules!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
yeah man they try and fail you all RTA testers are out to get everyone. ahahaha

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Oh didn't you know? The State Govt is in so much debt they need to get the $46 off all the L-Platers so they have a hope of maintaining their horrific debt levels which they have no intention of paying off. Lol.

pman

Banned
HSC
If you go in the 2 week lead-up to the yearly price rise, the auto fail you as well, get an extra 1 or 2 bucks for the card for the rest of ur life!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
As if you actually NEED a handbrake to do a hillstart on a hill which isn't ridiculously steep. Just juggle the pedals quickly. If you're a beginner maybe, but it's not like I can't juggle pedals. I barely rolled back anyway.
To be fair your only on your Learners trying to get your Provisional license you are a beginner in many senses even if you are ready to take the test.

When I did my DART test, the hill wasn't large (which I assume they don't choose big hills just in case). I thought about it and still used the handbrake to show the correct procedure.

It was your first time as well, they look for every possible excuse to fail you that time, look at why I failed my second time, For breaking a road rule that wasn't in the book...I.e, the tester misunderstood the rules!
Incorrect, a total urban myth. Each and every test they assess if you are doing things right or wrong it isn't a case of looking to fail you it is looking to see if you can drive within the law.

pman

Banned
HSC
To be fair your only on your Learners trying to get your Provisional license you are a beginner in many senses even if you are ready to take the test.

When I did my DART test, the hill wasn't large (which I assume they don't choose big hills just in case). I thought about it and still used the handbrake to show the correct procedure.

Incorrect, a total urban myth. Each and every test they assess if you are doing things right or wrong it isn't a case of looking to fail you it is looking to see if you can drive within the law.
No, the tester I had just looks to fail you full stop, she's not called dragon lady for nothing

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Don't be ridiculous. Sure some people may be a bit more leniant or not pay attention to small mistakes but if she failed everyone I'm pretty sure the RTA would like "lol wtf?"

A few shit people don't pass with her and then they think "hmmm yeah it's because I had dragon lady, not because we are bad drivers." The guy I had looked like a hardass but I was just careful with everything, used correct procedure and passed first go. The allowances for things like parking and rolling back are pretty generous, but not using correct procedure you are just failing yourself.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Lol I really should have read the book again to see if I'd actually learned stuff, as well as know what to do in the test. I had no idea about the wheel pointing thing. All I knew was that I was meant to drive 5kms below the speed limit at the max, and look everywhere before doing anything.

Rianaa

HSC
Anyone done their p's test at Miranda lately? I'm going on the 11th of Feb, i've failed twice already at Beverly Hills and Rockdale for one really small mistake which I usually would be fine with because I get extremely nervous. Do the roads around Miranda have any tricky signs or anything? I'm thinking of getting an instructor to take me around there, because I REALLY don't want to fail again. And all this talk about dragon lady is freaking me out...

Last edited:

TimmyTheTool

HSC
Anyone done their p's test at Miranda lately? I'm going on the 11th of Feb, i've failed twice already at Beverly Hills and Rockdale for one really small mistake which I usually would be fine with because I get extremely nervous. Do the roads around Miranda have any tricky signs or anything? I'm thinking of getting an instructor to take me around there, because I REALLY don't want to fail again. And all this talk about dragon lady is freaking me out...
did u pass?

HSC
Apparently the dragon lady is still at Miranda.
My friend did her test in January this year, and she actually said to the receptionist "I hope I don't get the dragon lady", and apparently none of the other examiners were aware that she had such a notorious reputation around here.

Another thing to look out for - even after you think you have finished the test once you get back to the RTA, you can still fail if you mess up your parking in the RTA car-park!

Going for my test on Tuesday 23rd February! Will report back on any dragon-related intel.

HSC
Apparently the dragon lady is still at Miranda.
My friend did her test in January this year, and she actually said to the receptionist "I hope I don't get the dragon lady", and apparently none of the other examiners were aware that she had such a notorious reputation around here.

Another thing to look out for - even after you think you have finished the test once you get back to the RTA, you can still fail if you mess up your parking in the RTA car-park!

Going for my test on Tuesday 23rd February! Will report back on any dragon-related intel.
lol Miranda what a joke. I had a young women, I think she said she was the daughter of one of the instructors (so must be pretty old? Dragon lady?)

I did my test there, we got in the car and the woman said "We'll do a 3-point turn and a curb side stop" No parking at all and she said this before we went off so it wasnt circumstantial or anything haha

Be careful if you're doing it during a school zone time, there's a lot of schools around Miranda and the zones can pop out of nowhere, i didnt even realise I was in one but I was only going around 40 anyway

Im going back there on the 23rd too for my Greens. cya there

Last edited:

kathrinn

HSC
I did my DART test a year ago with dragon lady and I passed. And i sped accidently in the test. Seriously, its not that bad, just chill out. Greens on Friday yay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)