miss exams? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Depends on why the exam was missed. If the reason is accepted then the internal mark is used to determine the HSC. If the reason isn't accepted then the exam is 0 but the internal still counts and the final mark will be Internal + 0 divided by 2.

e.g. sleeping in and missing the exam wouldn't be accepted as a reason for missing it but...being flood bound at home and being unable to reach the exam centre as a result (happened to some kids a couple of years ago) then that would be accepted as a reason for missing the exam.

If you miss an exam you must fill in a 'illness/misadventure form' with appropriate documentation to apply to have your internal marks used as both internals and externals (and a normal doctor's certificate isn't enough - they have a more detailed form that doctor's have to use for the HSC itself).

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Depends on why the exam was missed. If the reason is accepted then the internal mark is used to determine the HSC. If the reason isn't accepted then the exam is 0 but the internal still counts and the final mark will be Internal + 0 divided by 2.

e.g. sleeping in and missing the exam wouldn't be accepted as a reason for missing it but...being flood bound at home and being unable to reach the exam centre as a result (happened to some kids a couple of years ago) then that would be accepted as a reason for missing the exam.

If you miss an exam you must fill in a 'illness/misadventure form' with appropriate documentation to apply to have your internal marks used as both internals and externals (and a normal doctor's certificate isn't enough - they have a more detailed form that doctor's have to use for the HSC itself).
I remember this at my school when a students home burnt down during the bush fire season last year :(

trungduong12

HSC

My teacher said that just because "ur sick , have a fever, coughing, blocked nose, sore throat on the day of the exam and a week before ur exam which prevents u from studying , that still not a good reason enough for missing an exam"

Is that true??
If Such things happened to me, i still will not be considered when i lodge a misadventure form right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManDarren

HSC
nope i assume you can have ur atar reconsidered by lodging a complain to UAC.
My teacher said that just because "ur sick , have a fever, coughing, blocked nose, sore throat on the day of the exam and a week before ur exam which prevents u from studying , that still not a good reason enough for missing an exam"

Is that true??
If Such things happened to me, i still will not be considered when i lodge a misadventure form right ?

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
just go and get an illness/misadventure form after. i'm doing that for english on monday if i'm not feeling any better. hopefully i won't still need it by the time 4U comes

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Is that true??

The advice the BOS would probably give is to still sit the exams AND fill in the illness/misadventure form. You don't have a real reason to actually not turn up to the exam room but do probably have a case for the exam mark to be looked at.

In the scenario where you do the exam the BOS use what is best for you - if your exam mark would give you the best result then you won't have your illness/misadventure upheld but if it is better for you to have the exam ignored then it would be upheld (assuming that they accept the documentation that went in with the application).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)