Missed on campus accommodation?? (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah, this morning when I got up, one of the vacant rooms was full of someones stuff, and the other room I've never seen the door open. These dudes must just move in silently in the dead of night.
Hey Graney, did you and Jezzmo end up getting a place together or did that fall through?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
My mate comes from Windale and she's really nice, moved out, does Psych at uni etc. My memories of Windale are actually quite decent ones :)
I uh, can't say much for the rest of the neighbourhood as a whole though..

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Hey Graney, did you and Jezzmo end up getting a place together or did that fall through?
Nah, it would have been sweet, but jezzmo still apparently hasn't got his shit together, I on the other hand am in some sweet, convenient, 1st world style accommodation.

In the unlikely event he found a cheap place with an additional vacancy, I'd still probs be keen, find someone else to take over my lease here.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
My only memories of Windale are from the news. "Police responded to shots fired in Windale..." "A Windale man has been charged with..." etc.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
Well since I am no longer in the employ of Newcastle Uni, I can now comment freely on accomodation services.

Waiting list means it will be March before you see an offer. Worse if you are on the Teds waiting list (this is my area of knowledge).

And can I just say if you dont have an off campus place to stay you had better get to newcastle and go see some agents or you will be commuting. And the train from maitland is very short.

Also can I say the rental market is just stupid. After 4 years of college all I wanted to do is live by myself. But noooo. I am a graduate engineer who earns a whole months rent in less than 2 weeks work and I am too much of a risk of not paying. What a joke!

Protip: If you are on the waiting list, the colleges keep some 'emergency rooms'. Go in and see them and say you are in a room in a share house and you are scared by the other residents and the landlord wont do anything and you cant move coz there is nowhere to move to. Then start crying, then hyperventilate and ask them to please help you, you dont know what to do. Remember the more outrageous the story the better. Eg I think they will eat me. Its worked before ;)

Dress well when you go see them, that means tits out if you're female, and arms out for the guys. This goes for most things at the uni actuallly.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I will try this and if it works i will hunt you down and give you a case.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Get your tits out Hagaren.
if it gets me on campus i'll do it.

[edit:] anyone know someone in the accommodation department that would trade sex for room on campus.

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
FUCKING HELL AM I PISSED OFF

Yeah, today i get a letter saying i got accepted into on campus accommodation at ANU with Johns (Basically my dream offer) but because i am a fuckwit & i didn't do enough work and my UAI was below the cut-off for my course at ANU i will have to decline it (obviously).

So i manage to get on campus accommodation at the most popular oncampus option at Australia's top ranked University but i get declined for on campus at Newcastle!.... So fucking cut right now

blue_chameleon

HSC
FUCKING HELL AM I PISSED OFF

Yeah, today i get a letter saying i got accepted into on campus accommodation at ANU with Johns (Basically my dream offer) but because i am a fuckwit & i didn't do enough work and my UAI was below the cut-off for my course at ANU i will have to decline it (obviously).

So i manage to get on campus accommodation at the most popular oncampus option at Australia's top ranked University but i get declined for on campus at Newcastle!.... So fucking cut right now
Is that exclamation mark you having a subtle stab at Newcastle?

Haha, that's gotta suck though. You could always just try and live there for the lulz...and the depression of knowing you can't study thar.

Does ANU have any Pathway programs into undergrad study there?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
No i am just attempting to pointing out the difference in level of demand & the absolute ass raping irony.

Miner

HSC
Put the pressure on them Hagaren. My brother was offered half-price accomodation just yesterday if he transferred from Adelaide to Newcastle Uni. He still wants to know where they got the information to call him up, because he has never applied to any uni out of SA, and certainly not this year. No way is he even considering the offer he was made.

The offer would indicate though that that someone is holding accomodation spots open for students who might take up the transfer offer.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
seriously cut.

If i cannot take part in the university sports shield i will be beyond dissapointed.

[edit:] I am ringing tomorrow to plead my case to them, i though my extracurriculars were really good but some girl from my school got on campus and she has like no extracurricular activities.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What are the people like in your place? International students or party bogans or misc.?

No spots avail thus far, dude :( 4 bedrooms are very few and far between. We did apply for one, but flatout rejected (family home).
We've just put in another application this week for a 3br. place in Hamilton. We have .. 5 real estate references (2 from newcastle), and the owner of a real estate agency going guarantor for us. In terms of student applications, we are the elite. Got a call yesterday, the agency is very happy with our application and the owner is very happy with our application, but they can't confirm anything until tomorrow or saturday. Either way, the hopes are up and the foot isn't moving from the door. The rent is only $100 p/p, so youth allowance alone can steam up the year.
Well played, that sounds awesome. Hamilton's a sweet place to live.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
hurry up monday, not that i'm really expecting a late on-campus offer but it would be sweet.

& then i can come up to Newcastle and property search.

blue_chameleon

HSC
hurry up monday, not that i'm really expecting a late on-campus offer but it would be sweet.

& then i can come up to Newcastle and property search.
Dude, if it's any consolation, there are a bunch of 20 Malaysian students coming to UNCLE to study this year. As far as I know, none of them have had offers for on campus accomodation although they all applied and have ace academic records.

They might have a few extra rooms for emergency purposes for the first few weeks, but they aren't 'freezing' blocks and blocks of rooms for 'better' students, there is just freaking massive demand. They need to build much moar imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)