Missed Opportunities? (1 Viewer)

IceOnFire

HSC
What were those subjects that you wanted to do for your senior year, but missed out?

Did you miss out because your current subjects are better for your future, or maybe because of what your parents wanted? Any regrets even after finishing your preliminary year?

Personally, I had wanted to do VA and chem when I chose my subjects in year 10. I was aiming to become an interior designer. But then, I lost my interest in VA, and both chem and VA were clashing with eco in the lines. In the end, my artistical side is gone, and I will probably end up with some boring office job.

Of course I know it's still not too late to become an interior designer, but my interest is just gone. I guess art is more of a recreational activity for me than a future career.

HSC
First of all, I'm really happy with the subjects I've got now.
If I could've chosen more subjects, I'd have thought about computing subjects, woodwork, the histories, and geography.

Last edited:

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wanted to do physics but teacher couldnt teach...

HSC
I wanted to do Political and Legal Studies and Economics, but neither ran because of a lack of student interest (i was the only one for Political and Legal, there were 4 for economics.) Grr

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
i wish i did another language through open high.
Doing languages through open high is really hard unless you're really dedicated or have help and support.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
I mean they can be time consuming coz often they have mistakes in the work which is expecially hard for languages.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Earth and Environmental Science, Agriculture, and Eng Ext 1 - I would like to have done those.

dreamer7

HSC
I wanted to do Chinese but open high doesn't offer it and the Saturday School is too far away. Darnit - I could have done beginners - only 25 people in the whole state did it in 2006!

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Well I wished I did Japanese as an elective in Yr 9 and 10 so I could do Jap Continuers in Yr 11 and 12. I also wish I did PDHPE (sp?), Chinese Beginners and Eco.

BUt I'm pretty happy with my subjects. :)

jdcb4

HSC
Hahahaa, this is my thread. There was almost nothing I didn't want to do! I ended up dong 12 units 'cause i figured would probably work out best for my UAI
So I dropped:
Ext Eng
Physics
Chemistry
Ancient

And i didn't pick up:
Ext Hist
Ext II Eng

And other subjects I wanted to so in Yr 11 but couldn't due to a full time table:
Economics
Business

Alas and alack, ah well.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
IceOnFire said:
You should do international studies in uni then.
planning to. :p

dreamer7 said:
I wanted to do Chinese but open high doesn't offer it and the Saturday School is too far away. Darnit - I could have done beginners - only 25 people in the whole state did it in 2006!
i wanted to do korean beginners and there was only like... 4 people doing it?! waaaaaaaah dammit!

~shinigami~ said:
Well I wished I did Japanese as an elective in Yr 9 and 10 so I could do Jap Continuers in Yr 11 and 12
you should've. it's great. but then we'd be head to head at jap too...

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
you should've. it's great. but then we'd be head to head at jap too...
That'd be pretty bad cause you'd owned me. Actually it wouldbe awesome cause you could help me and stuff. :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
I wanted to do ancient history, but it was on the same lines as Bio and Chem. So I was stuck doing Modern. :( I think its horribly boring, but im doing pretty well at it so I guess I don't mind that much.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
I wanted to do 3u eco, but they don't offer that anymore. I like all my subjects, except i regret not doing ee2.

IceOnFire

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
I wanted to do ancient history, but it was on the same lines as Bio and Chem. So I was stuck doing Modern. :( I think its horribly boring, but im doing pretty well at it so I guess I don't mind that much.
For my school Modern was stuck in the same line as ext Maths and English, so heeps of people missed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)