• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
basketcase89 said:
Is it the Top 4 schools in each district that go through? If that's the case then even though we lost one we're still in!
It states in rule 54:
"At the conclusion of round 4, 64 school will proceed to round 5. Thetrail will be scored using a quota system for the regions in conjunction with a winner v winner allocation of rounds 2,3,4. The round robin will be run as winners v winners and will gurantee a number close to the 64 which will continue on to the elimination rounds."
The next rule goes on to say that if there are less than 64 schools that meet that qualification, the rest of the teams will be decided from those school who have lost only one round and have the highest average scores. So it depends, but you might make it through.

Crouch15

HSC
Our school was somewhat unlucky this year in Mock trial. We won the first won, lost the 2nd and 3rd one by a point and we went out as winners last week against Hills Sports High. Had a great time and im disappointed that I didnt do it in year 10.

csuwai

BOS Member
HSC
our school was a bit luckier.. it won against st andrews.. last week

But I don’t think it will go any furthur

blackall46

HSC
How's everyone going on this? We've made it into the next round, but were slaughtered by a very good/pedantic judge. Our XX was dour, and both sides had a few Browne and Dunn troubles.

I never knew that evidence struck from the script in EIC could be considered admissable in XX! That hurt us, but it will help us in the future.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
WOHOOO!!!
GO PATS!!

PATS GONNA WHOOOPS EVERYBODYS ASSSSS!!!

YeAAAAAAAAAAhhhHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

PC

HSC
N/A
So, which schools are still in the Mock Trial so far?

fattyma

HSC
ive got a question about mock trial. what's it like and is it hard? my friend and i asked my legal teacher if we could give it a go because we knew our school had done it before. but my teacher said it was a hassle so he didnt want to do it.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
You can get some general information about the Mock Trial here

As for its difficulty, I haven't found it hard at all, it's a fun extra-curricular activity :) It may be difficult at times, but overall it's good to get into, because you really enjoy yourself when doing these 'trials'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)