Modern game (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
1972 - Strategic Arms Limitations Talks - SALT I Treaty signed which places a limit on the number of nuclear missiles each side can deploy. SALT I froze the number of strategic ballistic missile launchers at existing levels, and provided for the addition of new submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) launchers only after the same number of older intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) and SLBM launchers had been dismantled. Negotiations lasted from November 1969 until May 1972. A continuation of SALT I can be seen with the 1979 signing of SALT II.

The US withdrew from Vietnam.
The Yom Kippur War began which is another example of Cold War hostilities - the Soviets backed the Arabs While the US backed Israel.

HSC
haha go anna, just got back and i see that you have been hard at work... you will have to be on top of your game to beat me in the exam :cool:

sj1990

HSC
1948: To boost economic prosperity, the Soviets and the West argued over currency reforms in the Western sectors. In April, Soviet troops enforced a road, river and rail blocks cutting Berlin off from the West. 3.5 mil Berliners were now trapped 110 miles from Western-controlled Germany.

spirky

HSC
1923 was also hyperinflation, and gustav stresemen became chancellor and introduced the rentenmark :)

1917 - Passchendaele

sj1990

HSC
1917: WW1 - US entry into the war for two main reasons:
1. Germany had suggested an alliance with Mexico, sending the Zimmerman Telegraph on 1st March 1917 which outraged the US.
2. Germany declared to resume unrestricted submarine warfare.
US reaction was powerful and immediate. The perceptions of Germans as lawless and savage merely added to their moral indignation.

Russian Rev'n: Russia withdrew from WW1. The first attempts to overthrow the provisional government occured during March/April. The successful overthrowing and establishment of Russia as a Bolshevik state occured during the October/November Rev'n. This was virtually a bloodless coup-de-tat.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
1917: WW1 - US entry into the war for two main reasons:
1. Germany had suggested an alliance with Mexico, sending the Zimmerman Telegraph on 1st March 1917 which outraged the US.
2. Germany declared to resume unrestricted submarine warfare.
US reaction was powerful and immediate. The perceptions of Germans as lawless and savage merely added to their moral indignation.

Russian Rev'n: Russia withdrew from WW1. The first attempts to overthrow the provisional government occured during March/April. The successful overthrowing and establishment of Russia as a Bolshevik state occured during the October/November Rev'n. This was virtually a bloodless coup-de-tat.

Aha, i remember learning about the Zimmerman Telegraph... what idiots XD
Trotsky basically organised the entire October 1917 revolution ^^

1987 - Reagan gave a speech in front of the Brandenburg Gate challenging Gorbachev to take USSR reforms further by tearing down the Berlin Wall.

sj1990

HSC
1933 - Russia: Stalin's 2nd Five Yr Plan. Stalin feared German invasion, thus, made defense a higher priority and moved key industries to Siberia (lol...) and Western Asia.

1923 - Trotsky: On Dec 8th a letter expressing revolutionary ideas was written by Trotsky. The troika later used this letter as justification for a campaign against Trotsky, accusing him of "factionalism".

Last edited:

absorber

HSC
39? Germany annexes the remaining part of czechoslovakia (after sudetenland already being given), forms Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, invades Poland starting World War 2

Oops, forgot year. 1921

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
39? Germany annexes the remaining part of czechoslovakia (after sudetenland already being given), forms Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, invades Poland starting World War 2

Oops, forgot year. 1921
Hehe, i was just about to ask for one ^^

1921 - Kronstadt Naval Garrison near Petrograd mutinies, demanding a true proletariat government and basic democratic rights. Trotsky orders Red Army to run across the thin layer of ice in winter while it was still frozen to attack the base. Mutiny was suppressed with lots of bloodshed; 15,000 are slaughtered. Government abandons War communism and announced the NEP.

Stresemann becomes German chancellor. He formed some sort of coalition government which failed later on.

Germany signs a non-aggression pact with the Soviet Union.

German armies reach Stalingrad in the Great Patriotic War, with fierce street fighting.
Later, Soviet counter offensive in Stalingrad.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Nazis win 107 seats in the Reichstag.
I had to refer to a text book :(

Ah well, at least you're learning :D

1931 - Nothing in particular, but the USSR government would've been campaigning via propaganda to get peasants to join up to Kolkhozy (Collective Farms), Solkhozy (State Farms) or Machine Tractor Stations to satisfy Stalin's policy of mass collectivisation.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
end of WWII. which also marks the division of berlin and start of cold war.

1st 5 year plan is published, which was organised by GOSPLAN.
Stalin implements policy of Collectivisation to support the rapid industrialisation of the 5 year plans.
Embarks on Dekulakisation, to erradicate NEPMEN and Kulaks or "rich peasants".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)