Modern History is nearing. (1 Viewer)

mattchis

HSC
i fucking hate ancient history, shits me off
its all like "this MAY HAVE happened but we are not sure"

inter108

HSC
Currently studying WW1

But i don't want to take chances on leaving study out.

but i'm hoping for Ludendorffs offensive.

it was in last years paper highly unlikely but easy to explain.

Fingers crossed

McLovin

HSC
fallenstar said:
I'm doing everything you're doing and I LOVE Gorby.
Fascinating as a historical figure and he fits SO well with Cold War.
Germ's my favourite though. Effing best historical period on the syllabus <3
I really wish I shared your enthusiasm for Gorbachev, yeah Germany is really interesting but also very depressing, our class took a visit to this Jewish museum in Sydney and we got to talk with a holocaust survivor, makes you realise how much of a prick Hitler and his Nazi Party was.

What sort of questions do you think we will get on The Cold War?

Aspiration

HSC
i want spring offensive too ! ;(

but somehow i doubt it'll happen.. i think it'll be a typical stalemate question..

inter108

HSC
I have a big feeling it's going to be a source question on the role of women :(

Sux

Damn explaining the reliability of sources.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Just remember MOOCCA - motive, origin, omittences, context, content and audience or TOMAC - type, origin, motive, audience, content.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And don't just assess reliability and usefulness, assess their perspectives as well!

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
what the fuck are you talking about

oh does this mean i'm screwed?
oh shit,

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Analyse the source first - the acronyms posted above might help.

Usefulness - how useful is it to the historian on the subject matter? Does it provide useful information on the war or on sentiments? Even propaganda is useful, it helps to show the sentiments at the time.

Reliable- how reliable is the source? Does it contain bias? Is it subjective? Most, if not all sources, are unreliable and all sources are useful as well. Do historians need corroboration or heed caution when approaching this source? Propaganda? Censorship?

Perspective- from what perspective is the source composed from? Nationality? Does it provide a broad perspective or a limited one? A high-ranking general would have a greater perspective over the events occurring on the Western Front than a normal civilian.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
aaah you're talking about WW1.
okay sweet.
thanks anyway :)

bvl

HSC
WW1
Germany
Arab-Israeli
Arafat

A-I and Arafat are going to fuck me over so incredibly hard. I need something easy for Germany, and WW1 I should be right for. But Arab-Israeli is going to leak my marks faster than the Titanic.

inter108

HSC
Kujah said:
Analyse the source first - the acronyms posted above might help.

Usefulness - how useful is it to the historian on the subject matter? Does it provide useful information on the war or on sentiments? Even propaganda is useful, it helps to show the sentiments at the time.

Reliable- how reliable is the source? Does it contain bias? Is it subjective? Most, if not all sources, are unreliable and all sources are useful as well. Do historians need corroboration or heed caution when approaching this source? Propaganda? Censorship?

Perspective- from what perspective is the source composed from? Nationality? Does it provide a broad perspective or a limited one? A high-ranking general would have a greater perspective over the events occurring on the Western Front than a normal civilian.
Thanks alot.

I'm onto practicing my 10 marks answers now.

emille-bot

HSC
Nazi Germany
Speer
Conflict in Europe. I hope there is a causes question. Please. I don't know anything else,
:bomb:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
McLovin said:
I really wish I shared your enthusiasm for Gorbachev, yeah Germany is really interesting but also very depressing, our class took a visit to this Jewish museum in Sydney and we got to talk with a holocaust survivor, makes you realise how much of a prick Hitler and his Nazi Party was.

What sort of questions do you think we will get on The Cold War?
I have never been to the Jewish Museum but I really do want to. I agree, the Germany study can be very harrowing, especially the persecution of racial groups, homosexuals, intellectuals and the like. But hopefully people learn from it.

Cold War Qs could be ANYTHING. I am more apprehensive for the Cold War than any other topic purely because it encompasses so many events and ideas...Have absolutely no idea what the Q could be. What are you hoping for?

clairem1990

HSC
does anyone else have a feeling that the germany question will be on propaganda/terror?

Pantera

HSC
clairem1990 said:
does anyone else have a feeling that the germany question will be on propaganda/terror?
That would be good, was in my trial and I did pretty decent. Even If I did make up half of my response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)