Most hated module/topic so far? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
At first. Dot point 3/4... seems a bit nutty at first but once you make enough notes / do enough prep it will eventually come. Similar to circle geometry, or permutations and combinations. Difficult to start.
Permutations and Combinations is easy as fuck.
Our maths co-ordinator and curriculum co-ordinator have had a look at some of the new curriculum drafts, and it looks like conics will be gone within the next year or two.
Not fair.
Why everyone hating on Conics? It's totes easy.
I probably only like it because my teacher is a legend.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Permutations and Combinations is easy as fuck.

Why everyone hating on Conics? It's totes easy.
I probably only like it because my teacher is a legend.
I'll be honest, I hated Conics when we started it. However, after going over it and studying it for my half-yearlies, I actually find it to be not that bad now - even kinda fun. I think a lot of the hate I had for it was because everyone else I'd spoken to about it didn't like it.

Everything in Engineering is crap, but Volumes for MX2 is my most hated single topic.

benji_10

HSC
MX2 Polynomials is the worst thing ever to have hit maths. I find it worse than Conics :p
And Birthday Letters...ewwwwwwwwwwww.
Motors and Generators was pretty bad, and I hated acidic environment. But I suspect that I'm going to hate Industrial Chem even more.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll be honest, I hated Conics when we started it. However, after going over it and studying it for my half-yearlies, I actually find it to be not that bad now - even kinda fun. I think a lot of the hate I had for it was because everyone else I'd spoken to about it didn't like it.

Everything in Engineering is crap, but Volumes for MX2 is my most hated single topic.
I didn't study it that much at all... And I still think it's fine.
Haven't done volumes...
MX2 Polynomials is the worst thing ever to have hit maths. I find it worse than Conics :p
I hated acidic environment. But I suspect that I'm going to hate Industrial Chem even more.
Yeah, polynomials sucks ass.
This.

Chambalam

HSC
Draft my friend, draft.
Still, I may grovel in speculation!

Conics isn't hard, its more tedius. I don't like tedius. I'd rather be challenged for my wits than my patience.

RE: Perms and Combs - They are easy, but at first they are a type of maths most people haven't really experienced. You know, like how trig is well, trig on roids? Perms and combs hits some people in the face :)

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
I saw a blade runner & frankenstein dont know why thats their its soo easy blueprint for life ahh .. i cant believe not every one is putting down PHYSICS FROM IDEAS TO IMPLEMENTATION THAT IS A KILLER .. quantam theory black holes cathode rays superconductors transistors what more do you want haah ?

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
not hating on abos, but just sick of abo applications to topics in subjects being everywhere. this is not a minority view btw. and if you payed attention, you probaly would agree.
Hah its like someone has my brains. Legal Studies for example.. every topic or little thing we do we have to learn something about customary law and aboriginal rights and all of that i mean diddn't we do enough about it from year 7 - 10 with history ..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I saw a blade runner & frankenstein dont know why thats their its soo easy blueprint for life ahh .. i cant believe not every one is putting down PHYSICS FROM IDEAS TO IMPLEMENTATION THAT IS A KILLER .. quantam theory black holes cathode rays superconductors transistors what more do you want haah ?
I thought that topic was good. I didn't really like Motors & Generators.

Chambalam

HSC
I thought that topic was good. I didn't really like Motors & Generators.
Did you notice they seemed to be repetitive? Like honestly, I couldn't follow it too well. They would be like 'time to explain what a motor is', then they'd explain it again. Then with the generator, they'd explain it again.

I find it amazing that a subject that aligns so well has questions like 'put your hand in the air, and tell me which way this spins'

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
RE: Perms and Combs - They are easy, but at first they are a type of maths most people haven't really experienced. You know, like how trig is well, trig on roids? Perms and combs hits some people in the face :)
Not me! :D
The top 10 kids in maths did perms and coms in year 7 or 8. :)

I find it amazing that a subject that aligns so well has questions like 'put your hand in the air, and tell me which way this spins'
When we did the solenoid/electromagnet rules in prelim I was just thinking 'this shit isn't for real, is it?'
I never actually remembered the rule though. Probably because my teacher got them confused and then told us to use the textbook. :/

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Mod B was pretty good and I reckon I'm going to enjoy Mod C too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)