Most Important Quality In A Teacher (1 Viewer)

musing

HSC
The important quality is the way they TEACH. If they teach in a monotonous voice - then obviously the students won't learn much. Also the teacher shouldn't be intimidating. They are supposed to be help you after all.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, because a lot of the younger (not all, mind you) teachers tend to teach becuase that's the degree they got into in Uni. The older teachers tend to teach because of a sincere passion for the subject.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, because a lot of the younger (not all, mind you) teachers tend to teach becuase that's the degree they got into in Uni. The older teachers tend to teach because of a sincere passion for the subject.
Would someone seriously go into teaching just cos they wanna go to uni?
Unless they wanted to transfer into something else at a later stage.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
No what I mean was, maybe their uai or atar didn't allow them to get into other fields, so they resorted to teaching whilst not having a sincere intention to do it in the first place. Kinda like a reserve career.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
A teacher who is vibrant(/passionate) and interactive.. not some mindless droning android

HSC
Uni Grad
No what I mean was, maybe their uai or atar didn't allow them to get into other fields, so they resorted to teaching whilst not having a sincere intention to do it in the first place. Kinda like a reserve career.
Ah, hmm...

jasonn

HSC
as is lacking with my physics teacher... a decent knowledge on the subject would be useful

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
it is a requirement for any english teacher to be hot and willing

cloud watcher

HSC
I think the perfect teacher should be funny and strict at the same time ....sadly iv'e only come across one teacher like that but she left my school :(

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Ability to connect with the students information wise.
Knows their subject well.
Entertaining and interesting.

HSC
If I was only allowed to choose one, I'd say being able to teach you without you noticing:D (i.e. it's not a struggle/burden to learn and you only realise you've learned when you think about something you did in class later and realise you understand it:) )

Having said that, I don't think this is a single combination defining the perfect teacher. I've had brilliant teachers who are quite strict, quite relaxed, funny, serious, passionate, experienced, new to teaching and pretty dodgy teachers with some of the same qualities:p

But I reckon a combination of passion, commitment, patience, willing to provide thorough feedback and being able to tailor your teaching methods to your students are some almost universal qualities of really, really good teachers:)

Edit: And also being so interesting that people actually look forward to your class rather than than the more usual tendency that coming to class is an obligation/chore . :)

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Edit: And also being so interesting that people actually look forward to your class rather than than the more usual tendency that coming to class is an obligation/chore . :)
And to add on to that, the teacher should actually look forward to teaching the class instead of seeing it as an obligation/chore.
So obvious to see the ones that are there because they have to for money and the ones that have even a vague desire to teach their class.

EDIT: Which I must admit may not be easy in certain situations/locations.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Passion for their subject.

Passion is infectious, and with passion comes an ability to teach.

There is a maths teacher in my school who will make even the most maths-abhorring, apathetic or right-brained student love it, engage in it, learn it.

Passion. Is all they need.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Kinda unrelated, but I really think teachers don't get paid enough.
I mean, educating the coming generations should be of the utmost importance. I think it's a really worthwhile job.

My mum was a teacher :spin:
Yeah, absolutely.

I propose a student strike !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)