• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most Interesting Subject (1 Viewer)

SimonLee13

HSC
Legal Studies by far, followed by either english or economics.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
Legal Studies by far, followed by either english or economics.
Only cause we have Codey. ;)

Samii64

HSC
My favourite subject... Each have their moment.

Music is fun and relaxed coz we're so small, and I can get away with doing homework I forgot to do in Music and still be up the top in the class.

Maths Adv would have to be my current favourite, we're doing trigonometry of any magnitude, and my friend (whose in all my classes cept Music and sits next to me in most) is really helpful if I don't understand, and vice versa. Its so exciting to learn all these new terms!

Maths Ext is more laughter and fun in our class coz our teacher is a Maths teacher but he doesn't really force us to do work and we're a distracted lot so thats probably a bad thing so I'd better do some revision once I've finished this.

Eng Adv and Eng Ext are both giving me troubles atm. The comments for my assignments are "You're writing like yr 10, you need to extend" and I'm finding it harder than I thought it would be. But my teacher is amazing and has faith in me, so I'll get there in the end. I'm thinking of dropping Ext English in yr 12 just coz of the work, but it will give me a massive UAI.. so English is prolly my least favourite.

Physics is okay. As others have said, I love the science of Physics and particularly Astronomy, but the topics we're doing is sooo boring (like speed = distance/time etc, reminds me of junior science which I hated). Its another lenient subject also, but theres only me and one other girl in it.

And engineering studies is easy. Its just like maths and a bit of physics and stuff about metals thrown together. And theres no practical which is good coz I haven't touched the metalwork rooms since yr 8 lol. Its simple to follow, only downside is that I'm the only female in the class, so its a bit weird, but my friend does Engineering as well, so all's good.

So in conclusion, I'd say Maths Adv is the most interesting subject, and English would be as well if I understood it... :(

-tal-

HSC
each has its pros and cons, but so far, its gotta be extension maths for me. its satisfying when you can actually come up with your own solution(s) to questions.
and just because its a competition between my friends and I to see who gets it first. lol

english - has a lot of potential to be "interesting" for me coz ur kind of dissecting .. human nature? but theres the loudmouths in my class. grr theyre smart, just they distract everyone. hate them.

chem - my teacher has a problem. she talks AT us, not TO us. and she called me homosexual -__-"

physics - pain in the ass. then theres this dude that cant ever stop singing. seriously.

legal - very interesting, except, theres the loudmouths again; also helps having people you actually in like there.

SOR 1 - no comment. dont like, dont hate.

adrian597

HSC
i would say modern history... i love finding out what happened in our pasts... especially being euro background finding out how tough my family and many others did it is kind of a special feeling for me!

kusokc

HSC
economics and bussiness studies r the best...!!!
is so interesting compare to maths and english...

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
kusokc said:
economics and bussiness studies r the best...!!!
is so interesting compare to maths and english...
I agree with the economics bit, but I find maths VERY interesting too!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
TunaFish said:
Aerath, you were absolutely right in telling me that Legal beats Business. :p
I admit my wrongs.
Haha. I speak from experience. :)
[Of course it depends on the person, too].

catherinet

HSC
English Ext 1

Being in a class where the level of philosophical and analytical thought processes of those around you is so high, is a benefit in itself.

tetrisam

HSC
MODERN HISTORY!!

Modern is really interesting especially the gorey stuff, :)

Last edited:

eliseliselise

HSC
catherinet said:
English Ext 1

Being in a class where the level of philosophical and analytical thought processes of those around you is so high, is a benefit in itself.
sounds heavenly! our ee1 classes are like movie marathons, with the work left to do outside of school hours.

Borbor

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
But then you get diminishing returns :karate:
Past a certain point yes (technical optimum) but for example (need a graph :()

if I was producing 100 hats at $30 each before but then increased production to 200 hats costs would lower (due to shared infrastructure, bulk buying etc.) to $20. Although, the total cost has increased to $4000 from $3000, the profit margin would have increased. For example if I was selling the hats at $50 before, I would now be making $30 profit instead of $20.

But you'll find this only works up to a certain point called the technical optimum (lowest point of graph), past this point you get diseconmies of scale. (the more you produce, the more it costs per-unit)

I hope that made sense :D

----

Anyway, regarding the topic: German :) It's fascinating learning another language!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Most Interesting Subject

Mathematics!

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
yup maths and physics
its actually intersting

oh and prelim SDD tht was aweosme

bawd

HSC
Intellectually stimulating and challenging would be Extension 1 English. Most interesting would be Economics and Society and Culture.

EX1 - Very mind probing and high order thinking required
Economics - Interesting to now what is going on in the Economy
Society & Culture - Interesting to learn about the interactions between Persons, Society and Culture within an Environment and across the scope of Time.

rambam92

HSC
For me the most intellectually stimulating is probably Economics - concepts are unique and original
The most intellectually challenging is Mathematics Extension 1 - just really hard
The most interesting is definetely Chemistry - the ideas are related to the basics of thing around us
The most tideous and long is by far English - arghh writing essays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)