• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most Interesting Subject (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
To bring some positivity to BOS and contrast the "most boring subject" thread:

What is the most interesting and intellectually stimulating subject you are currently undertaking? Why?

Me? English at times, but maths usually. Why? English probes the core of human nature, exploring concepts like oppression, existence etc. Maths makes sense and the proofs of theroms are always very helpful in more fully understanding the concept in detail.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:

What is the most interesting and intellectually stimulating subject you are currently undertaking? Why?

Me? English at times, but maths usually. Why? English probes the core of human nature, exploring concepts like oppression, existence etc. Maths makes sense and the proofs of theroms are always very helpful in more fully understanding the concept in detail.
SOR 1. I am not joking. It's fun learning about Judaism.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I would say PDHPE, the current topic we are doing which is the body in motion I find extremely interesting. Maths is a very easy subject to keep interest in because there will always be harder problems and new concepts.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Most intellectually stimulating would go to Extension English. Most interesting would be Chemistry.

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Chemistry.

School progresses too slowly for any subject to actually be interesing, but chemistry comes the closest because my chemistry teacher is concentrated awesomeness.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Physics [although not the module we are learning at the moment].

selablad

HSC
Oh! Chemistry! It's just so...well...fundamental, it's the study of stuff at the most basic level, and it explains so much, and you can make so many links between an area of chemistry and other areas and other subjects and everything, and it's got the whole history thing going too, and also you do titration in chemistry which I think is cool, and my teacher is awesome (ps - foram that is a really cool phrase (concentrated awesomeness) :D) and...yeah...

Sorry, that wasn't very well-constructed. But chemistry goes beyond the words of mere mortals! Its fantasticness defies all rational explanation, while at the same time it is celebrated for its powers to do so itself! Chemistry is the god of science, of reasoning, of life itself!

And that was just over-the-top.

I'll stop now.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
Oh! Chemistry! It's just so...well...fundamental, it's the study of stuff at the most basic level, and it explains so much, and you can make so many links between an area of chemistry and other areas and other subjects and everything, and it's got the whole history thing going too, and also you do titration in chemistry which I think is cool, and my teacher is awesome (ps - foram that is a really cool phrase (concentrated awesomeness) :D) and...yeah...

Sorry, that wasn't very well-constructed. But chemistry goes beyond the words of mere mortals! Its fantasticness defies all rational explanation, while at the same time it is celebrated for its powers to do so itself! Chemistry is the god of science, of reasoning, of life itself!

And that was just over-the-top.

I'll stop now.
I'm glad you think chemistry is awesome too. :D

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
selablad said:
you do titration in chemistry which I think is cool
Yeah our school is entering a competition to do titration, I get so nervous doing it. I shake, sweat like crazy and almost pass out but its worth it :D

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Sarah182 said:
Yeah our school is entering a competition to do titration, I get so nervous doing it. I shake, sweat like crazy and almost pass out but its worth it :D
my school has a history of pwning other local schools at titration.
i havent done that shit since year 10, so, it doesnt interest me what theyre doing, more the fact that theyre winning at it

=D

WannaBang?

HSC
bored of sc said:

Economics is the bestest soubject in the whole entire world!

Nah seriously, Economics is pretty cool. You learn about why and how an economy is at a certain point, how different aspects of an economy influence each other, and just other interesting stuff.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
English, we're watching a movie with heaps of sex and nude scenes. (Dangerous Liaisons)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i found prelim and beginning of hsc physics shit boring. thus i dropped it.
i love physics, hate the course

Last edited by a moderator:

jellybelly59

HSC
ext. eng is interesting... Learning bout 18th century women hahaha evelina is quite a good book... LOL and jane austen's only good book ive read so far is pride and prejudice... couldnt stand sense and sensibility...

MODERN history is the best!! ppl hu thought it was gonna be bout australia and aborigines got it so wrong... content = CRAZY!!! LOVE modern history :D

johony

HSC
English i enjoy; at times. My level of interest fluctuates quite alot, dependent on what we're doing.

If you had asked me the same question 2 months ago, i would've without a doubt said Modern History. But somewhere in the middle of term 1, i got really bored of the subject, and didn't care much anymore.

grundo

HSC
Extension English! And PDHPE (Body in Motion topic - how cool.) :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Physics and Legal.

Used to enjoy English, but it's sorta, meh, now. Never enjoyed Maths or Chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)