Motivation (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
At my school, that's me. Except, I'm not arrogant to other people. I don't be all like "WOO I GOT A HIGHER MARK THAN YOUUUUUU" or some bs. That's just stupid. I get that from other kids when they get higher marks than I do. It's pretty funny.
Happens to me too!

bored of sc

HSC
It's probably been said and it's probably an over-used cliche (but nonetheless true) but think of the bigger picture. A good performance in the HSC is one of the easiest and most direct stepping stones towards university admission. Also, consider the workforce; who would you hire, someone who bludged throughout school and got mediocre results or someone who worked well for a year and got good results? Working hard in school (regardless of results) shows good work-ethic.

The HSC is about life lessons/skills, creating good habits and realising your vocation, whether you realise it or not. Why not give it a considerable amount of effort and time? Start with the end in sight!

Don't be thrown off by people who say the HSC doesn't matter. It does matter. Try to see education is a privilege, not a right. Don't take it for granted!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
just think about how you will end up working at mcdonalds full time if you dont get an atar of 99.95

itll work trust me

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Yeah, there's this one girl at my school that's hell-bent at beating me. It's really cute to see her be so proud when she actually does succeed.

I agree, competition is healthy.
LOL the same thing happens to me (only in economics, though- incredibly ironic, hey?)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
The look on that arrogant kid's face when you get your results back and you've crushed them.
Honestly, just think of how good you'll feel :)
plus muffukking one!

haha oh man i need to do that for a few people...

also my motivation is just i picture myself as a doctor in the future...gets me pretty amped! haha

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I think people mistake competitiveness for arrogance.
Competition is good though.
Mum says get over yourself!

Mum also says 'I think people mistake facts with bullshit'. :p

Last edited:

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Personally, this year I've become much more detached and indifferent to the whole HSC process. That's not to say I've stopped studying/caring but I'm not terribly bothered either way. Sounds weird, but its been working so far...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)