MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Given they appear to have changed the assessment schedule in the people unit I was planning to do, may end up doing this instead.
Which one? AFAS200? I switched to that one since it sounded more interesting.

Some people have said on the MQ Facebook group that there are no exams for this one right?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
AFAS200 does have a final exam, however it is done online and is open book. You can check on the unit guide.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Which one? AFAS200? I switched to that one since it sounded more interesting.

Some people have said on the MQ Facebook group that there are no exams for this one right?
Critical thinking because I'm probably doing ECON131 and people and planet units have to be in different faculties.

Papercutter

HSC
Going into first year @MQ in 2018, any general tips for picking classes when making my timetable?

If it helps, the units I have enrolled in for Session 1 are BIOL114, ENVS117, GEOS112 and STAT171.

Also still deciding what to pick for my people/planet unit!

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
oh hey i did 171 last sem. I guess unless you live close to uni/on campus condense ur timetable as much as possible and take advantage of night classes.

In regards for stat171 its mainly meant as the introductory stat unit for actuarial students, so it's pretty hard gl! There is also stat170 which is for science/engineering etc

Papercutter

HSC
oh hey i did 171 last sem. I guess unless you live close to uni/on campus condense ur timetable as much as possible and take advantage of night classes.

In regards for stat171 its mainly meant as the introductory stat unit for actuarial students, so it's pretty hard gl! There is also stat170 which is for science/engineering etc
Thanks for the tip! Yea in that case, I will probably keep it 4 days of uni a week max and make most of my classes in the afternoon (no evening classes this session).

Not surprising considering STAT171 has a prerequisite of HSC Maths X1/X2 :S . Any recommendations/advice specifically for that unit?

Cheers,

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the tip! Yea in that case, I will probably keep it 4 days of uni a week max and make most of my classes in the afternoon (no evening classes this session).

Not surprising considering STAT171 has a prerequisite of HSC Maths X1/X2 :S . Any recommendations/advice specifically for that unit?

Cheers,
PAL/PASS classes if they're available are absolutely fantastic. Basically there extra group study sessions led by someone that did very well in the unit previously. They revise the previous weeks content.

The numeracy centre also has a similar service, where you can drop in at any time to get extra help/advice or they have specific times and sessions for certain topics. They help with maths/stats/physics units.

Otherwise, tutors and lecturers run weekly consultation where you can visit and ask for help.

Also, welcome to MQ!

Papercutter

HSC
PAL/PASS classes if they're available are absolutely fantastic. Basically there extra group study sessions led by someone that did very well in the unit previously. They revise the previous weeks content.

The numeracy centre also has a similar service, where you can drop in at any time to get extra help/advice or they have specific times and sessions for certain topics. They help with maths/stats/physics units.

Otherwise, tutors and lecturers run weekly consultation where you can visit and ask for help.

Also, welcome to MQ!
Fantastic, it is reassuring knowing MQ offers heaps of support services for its students. Thank you! I look forward to exploring the campus next year :)

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
As a general thing over-prepare for the 1st class test. The marks/min is crazy

HSC
N/A
Going into first year @MQ in 2018, any general tips for picking classes when making my timetable?

If it helps, the units I have enrolled in for Session 1 are BIOL114, ENVS117, GEOS112 and STAT171.

Also still deciding what to pick for my people/planet unit!
I'll be doing Geos112 with you! :)
As others have said, if you find yourself struggling with any particular topic (especially a Stat / math type concept) don't be afraid to reach out for a consultation with the lecturer. It's saved my ass more than once!

Papercutter

HSC
I'll be doing Geos112 with you! :)
As others have said, if you find yourself struggling with any particular topic (especially a Stat / math type concept) don't be afraid to reach out for a consultation with the lecturer. It's saved my ass more than once!
Oh awesome! Should be good fun :)

I will keep that in mind!

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
wtf I just realised, weaknuclearforce is ur gpa 7?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)