MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Back to uni for me tomorrow.

Another year, let's hope my tutors and groups don't suck!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Back to uni for me tomorrow.

Another year, let's hope my tutors and groups don't suck!

I'm hoping my groups don't suck for the group component tasks. Hope you have a "fun" day back tomorrow :)

Time will tell :/ but I know I didn't get anyone who failed one of my subjects previously in a group so far so that is hopefully good news :/

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also has anyone done ACCG250 and can advise me on how best to prepare for the in class assessments?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Also has anyone done ACCG250 and can advise me on how best to prepare for the in class assessments?
Always always bring your textbook and lecture notes. The answers are always in there.

If you can, go to a PAL session before and bring your PAL notes. The amount of work we did which we literally did in PAL an hour before was great.

Our tutor was pretty good and went over what was important before hand.

But by far PAL was the best help. By a stupid amount. If you can you have to go. Force your way in if it's busy.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh also it will be really obvious which are assessed and which aren't. We did like a group bingo one week, and then the next week we did an individual fill in the table thing.

Anyway, I'm actually surprisingly happy with my tutors this semester so far. That's a good start!

Is anyone else here doing accg224? Apparently there is two lecturers and I want to know which person is taking which lecture.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Always always bring your textbook and lecture notes. The answers are always in there.

If you can, go to a PAL session before and bring your PAL notes. The amount of work we did which we literally did in PAL an hour before was great.

Our tutor was pretty good and went over what was important before hand.

But by far PAL was the best help. By a stupid amount. If you can you have to go. Force your way in if it's busy.
Unfortunately there isn't a PAL session before my tutorial is on, but I will take your advice. Thanks.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah oh well. I'd still go because the notes are great and the revision we did was amazing.

Also guys like ia goods. Got the tute I wanted on Fridays!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Just got an email saying my Opal card will be blocked soon as I'm no longer a full time student.

Fir once I'm actually legitimately doing full time all year. Greattttt. Silly Macquarie.

Edit: Looks like I had to resubmit my form through AskMQ. If anybody else gets this, that is all you need to do! Looks like you need to do it once every year.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I spent 3 hours today typing out simple mathematical demographic equations, and we have to show full working and aren't allowed to use excel:chainsaw:

Haven't even really completed the first question :/

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I spent all weekend doing a horrendous assignment. Now I get to submit it tomorrow in person! My brain wouldn't be dead if my sarcasm unit wasn't about to explode.

Add to that a myriad of other wonderful health problems and the homework I haven't done because of this assignment and it was a great weekend!

Not even week 4. I'm betting my nervous breakdown happens week 6.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
The ACCG250 in class assignments/task are confusing, the ones we've had so far seem to be very english comprehension based :/

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't want to go to Uni, so grey and perfect weather for staying home :(

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
The ACCG250 in class assignments/task are confusing, the ones we've had so far seem to be very english comprehension based :/
Accg250 is barely about accounting.
I loved it for the fact it was comprehension and all that stuff. My friends who loved accounting hated it for the lack of technical aspects and clearly defined right or wrong.

Don't want to go to Uni, so grey and perfect weather for staying home :(
I got of work today because I've been getting sicker and sicker. Twas a nice day for being in bed. I don't think Ill be going to my accg358 lecture tomorrow. Too early!

crazy_paki123

HSC
if you like ACCG250 ull like ACCg340, on the same token if u hate 250 ull absolutely hate 340 to its core

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Let's also put accg358 in the same basket. It's basically the 300 level of 250, but with less people.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
No clue whether I like accg250 or not.

I mean I don't like the sound of the video presentation or the report doesn't sound particularly fun either...

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
They aren't too bad IMO. If you have a decent group it really helps. The video marks are also weirdly skewed to the actual visual elements, rather than the content.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
And I'm sick AF.
Here's hoping my special consideration is approved soonish. Got a test for accg224 and a big assignment for usts254 and I'm not sure if I'm going to physically get those done.

Stupid body getting stupid diseases again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)