MQ Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Finished and submitted an excel assignment for ACCG200.

Was struggling but suddenly worked out what I was doing wrong, and then it came along very quickly!

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
If you've used excel before, the assignment for accg200 isn't too bad. A little annoying to make sure you've got everything the way they want, but otherwise I found it wasn't too bad.

This report for accg224 is really annoying me though. The word limit is the bane of my existence. Darn you word limit!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Like 1100-1200.

There is 4 questions, but then additional things you have to add which count. But the marking guidelines expect super detail somehow.

The usual evil assignment

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Tomorrow is the last day to withdraw without academic penalty. You will incur financial penalty thoguh.

I had the worst day today, and if the only subject i could drop wasn't my worst subject, I'd total drop it (and run away from everything ever. Uh!)

And worst of all double exams on Friday and I am woefully under prepared.
shhhhhhhhh

So over uni again.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Well that was a horrible week! I did discover the Marsupial Research Centre which was interesting though.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I volunteered to do editing of a group report :/

Still waiting on several group members but hopefully I'll receive both tomorrow.

( I only expect to receive one if I'm honest :( )

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Uh. I hate group work. Two bad incidents have ruined my ability to trust people. Unfortunately ive got two group assessments left to do this semester and we haven't even formed groups yet.

Never be afraid to tell whomever is in charge about a bad group member. They don't deserve your marks, and you don't deserve to go down with them.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I too am going to die from group work.
Uhhhhhhh

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Well if I pass all my subjects this semester, then I only have group work in ONE subject next semester.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I have an overbearing self proclaimed group leader in my group assignment - he insists on doing the entire project himself and refuses to divide the work.

I am so done.

I wrote up a template and he hasn't even considered it. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I have an overbearing self proclaimed group leader in my group assignment - he insists on doing the entire project himself and refuses to divide the work.

I am so done.

I wrote up a template and he hasn't even considered it. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Law subject?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Two options:

1) go to the coordinator/tutor/whoever is in charge and carmly and sensibly request he is removed from the group as he refuses to cooperate and listen to your reasonable requests. It is group work after all.

2) Cause a scene and call him out in front of everyone. A guy in a group I was in one literally was the biggest piece of scum to walk on the face of this earth so one day I snapped, cried and yelled at him in front of the class and walked out. He failed. It was great. (Thankfully i saved this for like week 10 and transferred next semester so i never saw anyone from that room again).

Great now I'm disgusted thinking about that sleezbag. Uhhh

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Law subject?
Accounting.

Law I do not have that much of a problem with. Normally, every group member is in their own way intelligent / happy to share work.

Two options:

1) go to the coordinator/tutor/whoever is in charge and carmly and sensibly request he is removed from the group as he refuses to cooperate and listen to your reasonable requests. It is group work after all.

2) Cause a scene and call him out in front of everyone. A guy in a group I was in one literally was the biggest piece of scum to walk on the face of this earth so one day I snapped, cried and yelled at him in front of the class and walked out. He failed. It was great. (Thankfully i saved this for like week 10 and transferred next semester so i never saw anyone from that room again).

Great now I'm disgusted thinking about that sleezbag. Uhhh
He's an adorable first year with all these racing thoughts.

But he never checks the FB chat, nor does he check his emails. He merely makes verbal assurances that he will "divi up" the work and that "he'll get back to us"

I message and email, and then message and email again only to have to wait till next tutorial to ask him the same bloody question.

Anywho, the group were collectively thinking of doing an assignment separately in the event we have to throw him under the bus.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
If he does not communicate with the group and you have proof you have repeatedly tried to contact him, throw him under the bus.

So the assignment without him, he'll either get his act together and do his part, or he gets zero. Tell your supervisors now that he isn't cooperating so they know it's an issue. If you don't tell them, they'll give you no leway.

What unit is it?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Accounting.

Law I do not have that much of a problem with. Normally, every group member is in their own way intelligent / happy to share work.

He's an adorable first year with all these racing thoughts.

But he never checks the FB chat, nor does he check his emails. He merely makes verbal assurances that he will "divi up" the work and that "he'll get back to us"

I message and email, and then message and email again only to have to wait till next tutorial to ask him the same bloody question.

Anywho, the group were collectively thinking of doing an assignment separately in the event we have to throw him under the bus.
I think your option of doing it separately sounds fair.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget guys that the final exam timetable will be out on the 18th May (next Wednesday 1pm)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)