• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I'd like to amend my comments to the "I'm hoping to finish it before the due date".
Haha

I'm freaking out (just a little) cos the workload is getting heavier, harder and the assignments are going up on Ilearn.

I'm running out of time. As I said before, will take that day off (probably two) to do the MYOB assignment and my torts hypothetical.

I'm exhausted. Gave up on studying last night and went to bed at 9PM. Late night studying isn't sustainable for me these days. Could do it whilst at high school, not sure what's happened.

Reading, highlighting, summarising readings for law is tough and really irritating. This is because I rarely take in the information completely and always get asked questions I don't understand. Mind you, give me a hypothetical and a little time to research and I'm good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
So i just got offered a job.
10/10 never going to get stuff done.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
So i just got offered a job.
10/10 never going to get stuff done.
If the pay is good, just go for it.

You're probably better off with a little struggle haha.

Just dooooooo it

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
It's only a casual job at Officeworks, and any money is good money :p

I've gotten very lazy the past few weeks though :lol:

undertides

HSC
Hey guys,

If I'm applying for a PG degree at full time, am I able to change to part time for part of the degree or am I required to study for full time the entire course?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi there!

Unless you have a visa that requires you to study full time, there is no issue.

I personally have switched between part time and full time over many semesters. The one thing to note is some subjects may only be available in semester one or semester 2, so you need to keep in mind when they are offered before you select them.

Additionally, because of pre-requisites on subjects, you will need to make sure you have done the previous subjects. This can be difficult if you haven't completed the units needed, or because of when subjects are offered. Rather than just putting you back a semester, it might take extra years.

Try and look through the handbook at what subjects you will need to do and when they are offered, to see if dropping to part time will affect you severly.

I hope that helps!

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
WOOOOH came first in my accounting class test [emoji23]

Didn't study for it either, omg hallelujah first time I'm proud of something uni related

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Ooh well done!

I'm going to die this week. Why do I suck at being a student :bomb:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I might calm down on Friday at 11.59pm

Maybe

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
You should join me starting 2nd year finance study now ;)
I've gotta start studying for class tests and stuff coming up in week 9/10 to keep stuff fresh in my mind.

Also really need to catch up on torts, it's a killer.

And assignments... So many [emoji42]

NancyHarb

HSC
Hi Friends, I'm so sorry if this isn't a topic that should be brought up here but are any of you in or have heard about Macquarie's Global Leadership Entry Program? Because I was just accepted in for law and can barely find anything about it other than the fact that it is (from my understanding) an early entry program (meaning I'm not required to get the 97 ATAR?) that includes some sort of extra curricular leadership stuff? Any help would be appreciated!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Friends, I'm so sorry if this isn't a topic that should be brought up here but are any of you in or have heard about Macquarie's Global Leadership Entry Program? Because I was just accepted in for law and can barely find anything about it other than the fact that it is (from my understanding) an early entry program (meaning I'm not required to get the 97 ATAR?) that includes some sort of extra curricular leadership stuff? Any help would be appreciated!
Hi mate :)
Maybe try contact Student Connect through a Macquarie online enquiry form or call (02) 9850 6410 during office hours.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Have a look here: http://students.mq.edu.au/opportunities/global_leadership_program/

I think it's a separate application and is an extra curricular thing.

When I volunteered with the careers fair, a couple of the other volunteers were doing this program and gets credit points towards the GLP.

I don't know much about it but that link seems to be the best place to start. Then if you want to get into the nitty gritty of applying, follow what BLIT advised and call for some advice!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Got to uni at 7.30 today just to work on an assignment.

Everything is done now. I can finally sleep and relax slightly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)