MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

ameher

HSC
Are you serious? I don't really want to study it but it's pretty much a must since I'm a junior accountant [emoji19]
Haha. macquarie have the major in the BCommerce degree which removes all the difficult accounting subjects and you still get an accounting major. Good if you decide you want to have accounting there, but decide to pursue your other degree.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Haha. macquarie have the major in the BCommerce degree which removes all the difficult accounting subjects and you still get an accounting major. Good if you decide you want to have accounting there, but decide to pursue your other degree.
Tell me more [emoji16]

suika

HSC
I'm beat. Three days of walking around trying to get as much free stuff as possible as well as familiarising myself the campus and my legs are so dead. I became such a potato over the holidays :(

O-Week has been really fun anyways, but now I have a bunch of homework to do (or independent work...). The joys of uni.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
The normal commerce course with an accounting major does NOT qualify you automatically to undertake a CA. You need to take extra classes to be able to sit for a CA. Don't just switch because its easier. If you want to work in a normal accounting practice, professional accounting is the most direct way. Otherwise, you will need to take extra steps once graduating in order to meet their criteria.

You specifically don't do Auditing and Tax in the 300 level, and one other management unit. Those are the major differences, but are essential for CA. I did make the switch from professional accounting to a regular commerce with accounting (and information systems), but it isn't a decision to take lightly.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I highly doubt it'd be that much easier and tbh, I sort of want to study those lol.

God I really dislike accounting [emoji20]

Noneeded

HSC
N/A
Anyone did BUSL301 before? How was the unit.. My friend said a lot of students have failed in this subject, especially when the lecture is Tony? Is it true? Thanks

ameher

HSC
The normal commerce course with an accounting major does NOT qualify you automatically to undertake a CA. You need to take extra classes to be able to sit for a CA. Don't just switch because its easier. If you want to work in a normal accounting practice, professional accounting is the most direct way. Otherwise, you will need to take extra steps once graduating in order to meet their criteria.

You specifically don't do Auditing and Tax in the 300 level, and one other management unit. Those are the major differences, but are essential for CA. I did make the switch from professional accounting to a regular commerce with accounting (and information systems), but it isn't a decision to take lightly.
Essentially that yes. however you can do a tax unit if your other degree is law, which is essentially tax law just taught through the mq law school. But yes as you go through your degree you will get a better gauge as to whether you actually want to be an a practising accountant.

MrTammoth

HSC
holy fuck i mistakenly changed my timetable to a 5hrs of lecture on thursday without breaks lol gonna die.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like e4a?

If you walk from the train station you'll walk underneath it...kind of!

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
lol I have no idea where anything is at MQ, I sort of walk in a general direction and hope for the best.

suika

HSC
lol I have no idea where anything is at MQ, I sort of walk in a general direction and hope for the best.
Me in my first week :(

Managed to pinpoint the main areas I need to go - still heaps of exploring to do T___T

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I still do that! None of the building locations make sense to me except similar letters are together.

Except Y3A. That's just evil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)