MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
Lol I don't get back until next Friday. I'm skipping week one.

Disappointed to see the accounting society has to re issue memberships. Not their fault, but only given restricted times to re join again sucks. I've been s member for 3 years and I think every year I've complained about how badly it's run.

Anyway... My 2 cents

Enjoy week 1 guys. :p
what is badly run by the accounting society? they seem pretty decent

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
what is badly run by the accounting society? they seem pretty decent
They introduced members stickers to go on your student card on very short notice. You could only collect a sticker during few hours onn 3 days during O week. So no consideration for those in classes/evening students etc. I

If you didn't have a sticker, you couldn't attend events (those with stickers were given preference, you could be refused entry if you didn't have a sticker when entering an event). If you asked about getting a sticker so you could attend events, those stickers were like trying to pull a unicorn from a leprechauns butt.

Mail is horrendously infrequent (many early in the semester, none in later semester when the society takes a back seat), events are often organised at times that rarely suit the majority of nthise interested (One targeted at 1st ygear accounting students was at the same time as a first year accounting lecture!).

Basically once your in your in, but if your not close to the leadership it's a bit of a dud organisation. Personally, they (the leadership) are very much catering to themselves and close friends and trying to have a good thing on their resumes.

They're introducing voting and more fair systems, but if you can't attend in o week (before semester starts) or on the first Monday of semesterr, you basically are out of thee society which is bull. Plenty of new students won't join and existing members aren't given the best chance.

Apologies for the rant, but IMO it's a waste of a society. Every dealing I've had with them has not been a postive one.

Anyway, I'm going to continue to enjoy this beautiful weather and not think about these things. I've noticed all my unit guides are up! That's a postivr sign! I'm guessing my last 2 ilearn pages will go up the day before semester and 3 hours before the first lecture. :p

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Kinda wanting my final subject to go up on Ilearn. I really don't want it to be put up on Monday... [emoji24]

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
You could be crazy one day and do it with a pencil :p

Also, is anyone here a junior law student who might wanna form a team for mooting??
I was thinking I wanted to join some comps this year - but I think I'd be terrible.

I'm a second year, that's junior right? Haha

ameher

HSC
Good Luck guys all the best for the upcoming year. As MQ Alumni i really miss the place, was a great university and helped me get to where i am today.

Please let me know if you need any advice, particularly with respect to Law School @ MQ, willing to help out where i can.

HSC
can you download the powerpoints slides from lectures in like a image or powerpoint format or do you have to watch the echo360 video thing to see the slides

ameher

HSC
how do you take notes in uni ?
Would always recommend using the lecture slides as a good point, and adding on to them with key points that you hear from the lecture or the additional material. That way by the end of the semester you should have a concise set of notes which cover the key principles on a weekly basis.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I just heard an ibis honk, they seriously sound like ducks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)