MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

Orwell

HSC
Okay so i went back though your whole degree structure (yay excel!)

You currently have the following according to your handbook:
18CP / 6 subjects at 100 level
30CP / 10 subjects at 200 levels
48CP / 16 subjects at 300 level

Looking at the requirments you've met:
Minimum 200 level or higher
Minimum 300 level or higher
Minimum of 48cp in Law units
No more than 42cp at 100 level

That gives you 96CP total. You need 120 total. That means you have 24CP / 8 elective classes.

Of those 8:
-Up to 6 can be 100 level (You could take 8 subjects at 200 level or 300 level if you wished, there is no maximum for these)
-2 of these need to be your people and planet units

Basically, there should be somewhere on your planner page allowing you to pick electives. And yes, you can pick Pol101 without any issues despite it not allowing it in this particular section.

I've done all the units listed under a "pick 6cp" from this way :lol:
Thanks for the help you've provided me but this all seems so confusing and jargonistic.

So there is a way to preserve my people/planet unit for later on? Do you have a recommended unit enrolment plan that could allow me to do this?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha yeah sorry about that. It took me a while to get around all the rules and terms too.

But in answer to your question, yes you can save your people and planet units for later. You have another 6 electives on top of those!

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I mean I have high hopes for ECON110 given that iLearn is already "live"
lol its just the sem1 2017 ilearn, meaning we can snag all the tutorial solutions for next semester lol, assuming the hw doesnt change.

sgtgummybear

HSC
So i received an offer from MQ for finance and prof acc, but already accepted the applied finance one. I then accepted the finance prof acc. Do i have to tell MQ that i want to opt out of just applied finance or will they know? Because on the offer status, both degreees says admitted. Then when i click my enrolment, i can select either one of them...
Edit: I clicked on my application on estudent and tried to click change preferences but it says error: There are no applications with a stage of Unassessed. Your application preferences cannot be changed.
I have this problem too :/

bobmyself

HSC
Hi,

Slightly confused with the people and planet units. Should I be holding off on doing these?

Also, should I be sticking with the suggested first year units? Looking at the requirements, there doesn't seem like much I could change even if I wanted to. Degree is BComBPsych(Hons) majoring in Decision Science.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Slightly confused with the people and planet units. Should I be holding off on doing these?

Also, should I be sticking with the suggested first year units? Looking at the requirements, there doesn't seem like much I could change even if I wanted to. Degree is BComBPsych(Hons) majoring in Decision Science.
We usually suggest you hold off on your people and plane untis, so later in your degree when things get more difficult you can do an easier unit to reduce your work load, or if you get stuck needing a 4th class but nothing is offered that semester, you have something to choose from!

It does look like your first year is stored thanks to having eight 100 level classes to complete. That being said, your 100 level commerce subjects like ACCG100 and BBA102 don't look like they'll impact your future subjects as they aren't prerequisites. You do have a MATH unit prerequisite for some of your 200 level stat units, so it might be worth holding off on ACCG100 for example, so you can do that unit instead.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Maybe wait a semester and figure out how uni "works".

Snowflek

HSC
Yay! I've decided to go with MQ Bachelor of Applied Finance and professional accounting! I don't know why but I really want to get into MQ more than any other Uni's for some reason :D. If any of you guys have any tips (very broad, i know :D. But any tip that can help me start would be amazing!) for new students like me, please do tell me :D.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yay! I've decided to go with MQ Bachelor of Applied Finance and professional accounting! I don't know why but I really want to get into MQ more than any other Uni's for some reason :D. If any of you guys have any tips (very broad, i know :D. But any tip that can help me start would be amazing!) for new students like me, please do tell me :D.
I'd recommend you enrol ASAP and create your timetable. I mean, no one wants a Friday 6pm compulsory tutorial for example!
Here are some reviews for some of the subjects you may be doing first semester.
http://community.boredofstudies.org...business-economics-subject-review-thread.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ity/275826/science-subject-review-thread.html
Macquarie trainline will be closed for session 1 2018 so make sure you take this into account when travelling.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd recommend you enrol ASAP and create your timetable. I mean, no one wants a Friday 6pm compulsory tutorial for example!
http://community.boredofstudies.org...business-economics-subject-review-thread.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ity/275826/science-subject-review-thread.html
Macquarie trainline will be closed for session 1 2018 so make sure you take this into account when travelling.
Closure is not currently scheduled until LATE 2018 for about 7 months (Government has not given an official start or end date).

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Gimme dat 6pm tut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)