MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

mrstripedshades

HSC
I have a clash between STAT172 lecture and MATH132 tutorial but hopefully it's alright
You should be fine, check unit guides if theres something like a test in the lecture tho, that could be the only clash. Otherwise you dont need to attend lectures, and even if you want to, you can attend one you are not enrolled for.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh man I got an email with details about when my graduation ceremony is.

Apparently it's the FBE ceremony for accounting and marketing, but I'm graduating with a BSc :lol:

It never ends

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Just a question: My qualifying major is Modern History, and my secondary major is International Relations- could an IR unit count as my People unit?

"What are the requirements for those undertaking a single degree with double major?
The requirements for People and Planet units are that both People and Planet have to be from two different faculties, and cannot be a unit listed as part of the student's qualifying major for the award in the Schedule of Majors." link

I mean, I'd submit an enquiry to Ask.mq but I've already sent too many questions, lol. So does anyone here have a double major where one unit is a People / Planet unit? Could I do this?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I got 64 in my OUA unit :(

One off a credit! At least it doesn't count towards my GPA. Global Politics is a fine subject, good for ranting. Anyone got any experience with the philosophy department at MQ? Might take a subject or two this year.
I've heard really postitive things about critical thinking (plus it is a people unit, what more could you want ;) )

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Did anyone else get invited to the Banking, Trading and Consulting Careers Fair? Any past attendees been before? Is it worth going?

I've registered for now, but I have a full day of classes that day and I'm not sure I want to attend them all in a suit.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Did anyone else get invited to the Banking, Trading and Consulting Careers Fair? Any past attendees been before? Is it worth going?

I've registered for now, but I have a full day of classes that day and I'm not sure I want to attend them all in a suit.
Yea I'm also probably going. If you drive I would just leave the jacket in the car.

tbh its not that weird to wear formal clothes at uni, though it may be uncomfortable if your not used to it and depending on the weather.

I think I have like a class and lecture mid day, so I'm just going to drive and leave my jacket in the car.

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I am also going. I also drive lol. Ima just get changed later although ill miss half of it.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
So there is a user sending PMs asking for unit answers in exchange for money.

I'm not going to encourage this behaviour, but remember if your handing over those answers one day you could be hiring or competing for the same job the idiot that bought his way though university, and won't you feel ripped off when they choose him over you, or when your employee is a dud.

Just saying.

Can't buy yourself a job because they'll fire you quicksmart when they realise how dumb you are ;)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

I found it useful, and it can be good for networking purposes which could also help with internships/jobs in the future. May also open up your eyes too jobs you haven't thought about before. (I would go if I wasn't busy)

Snowflek

HSC
Went to O day today and it was a pretty fun experience. But i feel like I'm going to be so lost on the first day haha. xDD

mrstripedshades

HSC
I found it useful, and it can be good for networking purposes which could also help with internships/jobs in the future. May also open up your eyes too jobs you haven't thought about before. (I would go if I wasn't busy)
Ok thanks for the heads up! Did you wear a full suit btw?

Also, has anyone been involved in the unit rep thing, how time intensive is it and stuff?

Asking because I want to do it but work night for the foreseeable future and pretty much 4-5 days a week so idk how my time management with unis going to go already atm.

crazy_paki123

HSC
Are any of you guys part of the Accounting Students Association? And if so any of u guys going to EY's ice cream day at MQU?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)