MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
"It is expected that students will complete Consent Matters during their studies."

This makes me think that we arn't required to do it next sem or for that matter really at all. The only way I reckon a lot of people will do it is if they withheld exam results or something like that lol.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Work and relax. Will be the last real break I have for a while. Binging sherlock and getting back into gym running. How long will the module take to do?
Assuming it is like most consent modules I think 45 minutes to an hour or so max.

HSC
N/A
Finished; who'd have thought Advanced Quantum Physics & General Relativity would be so hard? (rolls eyes)

Exam's themselves suck, but i really love the period between end of semester & actual exams; this time really does enable epiphanies of concepts or just plain plug & play problems to reveal how deep or valuable they can be. Recommending PHYS304 & ASTR378 to those who are so inclined to those topics... Physics!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Finished; who'd have thought Advanced Quantum Physics & General Relativity would be so hard? (rolls eyes)

Exam's themselves suck, but i really love the period between end of semester & actual exams; this time really does enable epiphanies of concepts or just plain plug & play problems to reveal how deep or valuable they can be. Recommending PHYS304 & ASTR378 to those who are so inclined to those topics... Physics!
Well done on finishing exams.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Has everyone here finished exams?

RESULT RELEASE DATE FOR SESSION 2 2018:
Thursday 13 December 2018
via student email account - from 9am
via eStudent - from 3pm

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
"Consent Matters!

As we approach the end of the year the Respect. Now. Always. team is happy to report on a successful year implementing several initiatives such as the 2018-2020 Action Plan and the pilot of our peer education program, with more to come in 2019.

Students are also still able to register for, access, and complete the Consent Matters online course - Consent Matters will be a requirement to complete in Session 1 next year. You can find info on the course and how to access it here: https://bit.ly/2HVI5Go

"
Source: https://www.facebook.com/macquarieunicampus/?ref=br_rs
UTS implemented this Semester 2, 2018. Thankfully, I was out of there before I had to do it.

I have my TAX318 CA exam in approximately a week and a half. A tad nervous.

I have also been called for an interview at Deloitte (Parramatta Office). I'm very much excited, given that I didn't actively apply (recently, anyway)! I was thinking this would be a great opportunity to see if I like regular accounting.

Snowflek

HSC
UTS implemented this Semester 2, 2018. Thankfully, I was out of there before I had to do it.

I have also been called for an interview at Deloitte (Parramatta Office). I'm very much excited, given that I didn't actively apply (recently, anyway)! I was thinking this would be a great opportunity to see if I like regular accounting.
Good luck!!! You got this!!!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I mean it shouldn't be to hard, and might be useful/ you are likely to have to do one at work at some point

Good luck! How did you find the online assessments?

Congratulations, which type of regular accounting are you trying?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I mean it shouldn't be to hard, and might be useful/ you are likely to have to do one at work at some point

Good luck! How did you find the online assessments?

Congratulations, which type of regular accounting are you trying?
I have never been required to do a consent based quiz but then again, there have never been any sexual assault related incidents at any of the firms I have worked at. Well none that I am actively aware of.

CA online exams are super nit-picky but overall I didn't find them totally inaccessible. I got 8/9/8.

Business Advisory for mainly SME's, looking like a compliance driven role. We'll see how it goes.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It was actually up at the start of the year, but they only made it mandatory for semester 2 despite plans to do it in sem 1.

It looks like the MQ one might be the same course as the UTS one, iirc the UTS course was develped by some UK + AU based professionals so it'd make sense if the same program were rolled out at multiple universities.

It was pretty trivial and didnt take much time to complete.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
It was actually up at the start of the year, but they only made it mandatory for semester 2 despite plans to do it in sem 1.

It looks like the MQ one might be the same course as the UTS one, iirc the UTS course was develped by some UK + AU based professionals so it'd make sense if the same program were rolled out at multiple universities.

It was pretty trivial and didnt take much time to complete.
I am aware that it was up in Semester 1, 2018; as I completed the activities/ watched the clips etc. However, as it was not fully implemented there was no quiz to complete.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I am aware that it was up in Semester 1, 2018; as I completed the activities/ watched the clips etc. However, as it was not fully implemented there was no quiz to complete.
Fair enough, I think I did my quiz while procrastinating for sem 1 exams lol so they probably only added it right at the end.

Iirc, the UTS quiz wasn't even really integrated with the module very well. It was just a standard quiz through blackboard that felt like an afterthought lol, but I assume they must have checked the module was completed too.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Fair enough, I think I did my quiz while procrastinating for sem 1 exams lol so they probably only added it right at the end.

Iirc, the UTS quiz wasn't even really integrated with the module very well. It was just a standard quiz through blackboard that felt like an afterthought lol, but I assume they must have checked the module was completed too.
I was a bit eager and tried to do it when it came out but shortly gave up once I "completed" the module and no quiz appeared.

Tbh, it was not the greatest unit and I did not realise people needed a consent module to know the stuff they covered. Possibly because I am a workin' lady (I come in for class and leave; do not attend university parties etc.) I have never been victim or have witnessed harassment at the uni. I was surprised to some extent when they circularised the emails about issued being faced at UTS (amongst many others).

I have to complete the module anyway through UNE next year; so I am not quite in the clear.

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I didn't look too much into it and it was at the start of the year so I might be wrong, but I believe the statistics/report which lead to these kinds of measures included incidents on public transport (for example) and on the way into uni to be university related.

I agree it didn't seem necessary, but I guess it's good to just ensure everyone is on the same page and possibly some international students may be from countries with a different culture/norm or where these topics aren't generally discussed.

Is your UNE course online or block based? Seems odd that this would be required if it's online. I'm starting a US based online postgrad program next year, so i'm sure i'll be surprised at some of the stuff they do over there lol.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I didn't look too much into it and it was at the start of the year so I might be wrong, but I believe the statistics/report which lead to these kinds of measures included incidents on public transport (for example) and on the way into uni to be university related.

I agree it didn't seem necessary, but I guess it's good to just ensure everyone is on the same page and possibly some international students may be from countries with a different culture/norm or where these topics aren't generally discussed.

Is your UNE course online or block based? Seems odd that this would be required if it's online. I'm starting a US based online postgrad program next year, so i'm sure i'll be surprised at some of the stuff they do over there lol.
It's online based. No way I'd be travelling to Armidale! Haha.

What sort of study will you be doing?

Speaking of the US, I'll be going for the first time at the end of January. I am very excited, yes indeed!

I'm afraid all this study will be in vain. However, given my track record; I probably enjoy it and then not want to do anything with i.e. actually become a teacher. Good lord, give me strength.

That's mighty cool! However, would that mean you have to meet the requirements of two full undergraduate degrees... :\

The combined ones would be more time efficient I assume but it's good for revenue what they're doing (and I suppose, beneficial for those wide interests - just an ancillary thought, hahaha).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
That's mighty cool! However, would that mean you have to meet the requirements of two full undergraduate degrees... :\

The combined ones would be more time efficient I assume but it's good for revenue what they're doing (and I suppose, beneficial for those wide interests - just an ancillary thought, hahaha).
It looked like they're trying to generalise combined degrees and ways of gaining efficiencies from combined degrees, i.e. using your electives for subjects in another degree.

I think for that approach to work well, they need to keep good track of anti-requisites of subjects across faculties which I think is often overlooked. E.g. for combined engineering/business, you can usually skip the business statistics course in favour of maths subjects in engineering that cover the same stuff. But in more bespoke "concurrent degrees" these crossovers may not have been considered.

Will message you elsewhere about the non-MQ stuff!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)