MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If anyone is keen for a subject feel free to ask if may have done it, and I'll review it if I have done it and haven't done so already.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
how is AFIN270 and BL251?

anyone done it so far?
I've done Corporations Law (BUSL301), and Business Law (BUSL250) which where the two courses that were combined together to form the new course.
It uses the same textbooks as when I did Corps law and thoroughly would recommend that you get the Quilter Company Law Perspective textbook. Understanding company law was also helpful.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
how is AFIN270 and BL251?

anyone done it so far?
I also suspect it is not worth going to the lecture for BUSL251 and just reading the textbook. Do the homework/participate in tutorials its worth 20% and most people don't really bother. The media reflection looks weird that you'll have to do.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects are people doing next year?

Or what subjects are people planning to do?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
BLIT2014, I got a grad offer... pay is terrible compared to what I am now. Probs going to take it though.

#tryingtogetoutofinsolvency

Is it all going to be worth it???? *internalised screaming *

Destan

HSC
Hey, just got into Macquarie University and am planning on majoring in Mathematics. The 2019 handbook for Mathematics seems to have a pretty good update with the whole Applied and Pure Mathematics courses.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
BLIT2014, I got a grad offer... pay is terrible compared to what I am now. Probs going to take it though.

#tryingtogetoutofinsolvency

Is it all going to be worth it???? *internalised screaming *
Congrats on the Grad offer...

Yeah grad pay is not great but gets better once you get CA....

If we can survive...

Should externalise the screaming apperantly internalised screaming is not great for ones health.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, just got into Macquarie University and am planning on majoring in Mathematics. The 2019 handbook for Mathematics seems to have a pretty good update with the whole Applied and Pure Mathematics courses.
Welcome to Macquarie! Maths is probably one of the best run departments so things should run fairly smoothly.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Congrats on the Grad offer...

Yeah grad pay is not great but gets better once you get CA....

If we can survive...

Should externalise the screaming apperantly internalised screaming is not great for ones health.
I'm just happy I got an opportunity to interview with a Big4 firm outside of their graduate recruitment process; I would have been eaten alive [emoji31]

Eh, we'll survive.

I'm going to have to change my username [emoji50]

The fact I haven't stopped posting to MQ is an indication I'll forever be a MQ student at heart [emoji23][emoji30]

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just happy I got an opportunity to interview with a Big4 firm outside of their graduate recruitment process; I would have been eaten alive [emoji31]

Eh, we'll survive.

I'm going to have to change my username [emoji50]

The fact I haven't stopped posting to MQ is an indication I'll forever be a MQ student at heart [emoji23][emoji30]
Don’t sell yourself short, your grades are a fair bit better then lots of people applying plus your work experience is stellar.

Destan

HSC
I don't know if I should choose the Applied Mathematics or Pure Mathematics major. Both seem very interesting. There's also no information on the new core courses for the majors in the handbook. Unless I'm not looking hard enough, rip.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if I should choose the Applied Mathematics or Pure Mathematics major. Both seem very interesting. There's also no information on the new core courses for the majors in the handbook. Unless I'm not looking hard enough, rip.
Assuming it operates like most degrees you can try out a semester and see which appears to interest you and then declare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)