MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

kokodamonkey

HSC
Re: MQ General chatter and timetables thread (+ Conception Day!)

LOL @ REVIVE's launch party last night being cancelled because they were giving our free alcohol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Anyone doing CUL 100 able to send me the unit outline, or at least tell me if there is a fail component to tute attendance?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Draft exams are released on the 23rd September to be exact I found out today.

Elections are the worst time of the year. 95% of students I know display complete antipathy unless they are after a career as a politician and it looks good on their CV.

Odyssey2001

HSC

Everyone checked out the new-look eStudent? No more green!!! lol
plus it's easier to navigate.
Yes I just looked at it before and I think it is so much better than the previous one in that its better looking and HEAPS much more easier to navigate, it was so cluttered and hard to find certain things before.

Also just a quick question can someone tell me whats going to happen to the old library when the new one is built? Will it just be another building for classrooms or something? Thanks!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Does the strike on Wednesday mean ALL lectures are cancelled?
No, only if your lecturer is rallying for the union. If you haven't heard anything i would e-mail the lecturer to find out or just show up anyway.

HSC

I'm so confused about the strike. I know that it's on but someone told me that it was cancelled and I emailled my lecturer yesterday and he said it was cancelled and again today he said if it's cancelled then the lecture is on.

In another words, he doesn't even know if it's on or what's happening! So don't know whether to turn up to uni or not...

Leggs

HSC

Pretty sure it's been cancelled.
The strike that is...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Pretty sure it's been cancelled.
The strike that is...
I don't think so, i just got e-mails from my lecturers saying that due to industrial action they will not be turning up to lectures tomorrow.

I also got this:

National Day of Action - Note to all students

Dear students,

The University has been informed by the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) that its members will be participating in the NTEU National Day of Action next Wednesday 16 September 2009.

Only members of the NTEU are able to take protected industrial action.

The NTEU has advised it intends to establish a number of picket lines at both the entrance to the University and within the University grounds. It is important to note that picket lines are not a form of protected action and the University is not condoning the establishment of pickets.

Notwithstanding this action, 16 September will be a normal business day for the University. In the event that the union does establish a picket line, the University has compiled the following guide for staff and students: http://www.mq.edu.au/momentum/pdfs/PicketGuidelines.pdf

X

xeuyrawp

hahah how hilarious are the guidelines!

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Lol the odds of a picket fence are slim.

I emailed my lecturers this afternoon but they didn't reply. I would be surprised if they striked with mid-semester exams on.

IhasaFlavaFlav

HSC

The picket was quite effective, traffic was backed up on Epping Rd, all the way past Epping Boys high and beyond.

It was quicker for me to get off the bus and walk through it.

Alvik

HSC

I think a tutor or someone was saying how the lectures will still be on, but the lecturer's won't be teaching anything. It will be like an hour of silence or something. Either way I was told they were canceled so I'm not rocking up.

X

xeuyrawp

I think a tutor or someone was saying how the lectures will still be on, but the lecturer's won't be teaching anything. It will be like an hour of silence or something. Either way I was told they were canceled so I'm not rocking up.
Sounds like your tutors and lecture are either lazy or union hacks (which also requires you to be lazy).

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Lol for my lecturers it was business as usual. Thankfully some people in their profession are actually professional and not union hacks.

X

xeuyrawp

Lol for my lecturers it was business as usual. Thankfully some people in their profession are actually professional and not union hacks.
BAM. Hit the spot, tbh.

One of my friends had his last honours seminar today, except half the students were told by the NTEU people that it was cancelled. So yep, those students will have to be tracked down in order to be told crucial honours info. It's not like it's important, right? :rolleyes:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Or it could be a Cultural Studies class! *badumtish* Thanks, I'll be here all week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)