• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

MQ Open Day 2005 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Camels were near The Purple Man!

Liquid Nitrogen ice cream rocked. I wanted seconds!

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
omgz i saw the bos flyer team

and saw kami again at central station! (sorry i lost you after i got onto the train)

teh liquid nitrogen ice cream was bleh, and i can't believe they charged money for the sausage sizzle :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, the camels were near the lake :), the train rides were going around the place, and the sketches were in the main courtyard, in the big gallery tent

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Sore legs. Sick of walking. Sick of directing. Sick of asking people to fill out surveys, and wishing I could have gotten a charicature (and a camel ride would have been cool, too)

...but better than my normal job. Back to retail tomorrow. :rolleyes:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Free Mr. Whippy made my day. I should have ordered a bigger icecream (I hear you got sprinkles James?). Lucky!

How'd the train go? I would have loved to have done that. I really liked the advising stall, it was pretty easy. I also advised someone while I was on the atrium tent. They were complaining because the history people had sent them to business, who had sent them to psych who had sent them to languages. All the poor guy wanted was to do a B-Hist (or whatever it is). I sorted it all out though (or at least thats what they told me!), so it felt a bit weird academically advising outside in the heat.

Glitter, those stickers you gave me stuck to my skin (the only place I could put them was down my pants - not panties - and they wore off in a part from all my gross sweat! It was so sad! But I still showed Steve, and he was excited too. We want to work on the BoS stand next year! And the guy who I was partners with today is friends with Laz! Small world, huh?

Although I didnt get my drawing (one of them was on his lunch), or ride a camel (bastard little kids hogging all the humps!), I really enjoyed it. But I'm buggered now, my legs hurt and I'm so, so tired, so I'm off to eat some icecream (because the weathers all nice and like summer) and then sleep :)

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I dunno, I just thought you would be? I think it's because you write in such a sure manner, really unusual for females. That being said, I think you're great :)
Awww... how sweet! *goes soft and soppy* It's amusing to hear it though - most of the people that know me well think I act like some sort of animated stuffed animal a lot of the time. In fact, I do believe Marcus thinks I should be a ferret ;) lol!

It was good to meet you too! Now, just to do more stalking... cyan_phoenix, you're next on the list!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha i didnt get any free mr whippy :( I was asked to do the last part of clean up and all :(

HSC
N/A
What's this? Did I meet Laz today and not know it?!?!

EDIT: If anyone saw me today, the guys I were with were goldendawn, kami and jhakka :)

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Met Mike, was in the group when we met Rob, met amoz and damnation, and a couple of others when we were handing out flyers.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I met Goldendawn, who was exactly as I thought, Dan + Sarah (cuties :D:D:D), and glitterfairy. I thought glitterfairy was going to be this gigantic russian bitch, but she turned out to be this nice little Asian girl.

I think kami was with glitterfairy and goldendawn, but I think I think I said something nasty by mistake last night on msn while my puter was shutting down. I hate it when that happens- and you can't sya anything cos you get logged out :( That being said, I hate sucky people, and the gist still remains, so meh.
I was with glitterfairy and goldendawn, and you did say something off putting the other night. I *would* have said hi, but I was a bit hesitant, and believe it or not I'm a bit shy when I meet people for the first time, so I didn't speak up at all. I'm not a sucky person though - sorry you feel that way.
MelLoncoLLie said:
omgz i saw the bos flyer team

and saw kami again at central station! (sorry i lost you after i got onto the train)

teh liquid nitrogen ice cream was bleh, and i can't believe they charged money for the sausage sizzle
Haha, nah don't worry about losing me on the train. lol. I worried afterwards that I might have seemed rude because I didn't say goodbye properly. And the ice cream was cool! It *did* look like porridge made out of things that shall not be named though...

I also have bad news to report - I didn't get to ride the camels!:'(
In compensation however I did meet a couple of BoSers, ate teh ice cream, got some henna tattoos, gave out the toffees:D, walking around looking like a dork(well I look like one anyway so it doesnt really matter...) with a bored of studies sticker on my shirt and I got to kick goldendawn in the bum:D

Götterfunken

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Camels were near The Purple Man!

Liquid Nitrogen ice cream rocked. I wanted seconds!

Did you hear the accent of the women that was doing it? It was hilarious in a European kinda way. If you where handing out BoS flyers my friends and I got one of you. I was going to say hello, but was in a rush to get to the psych lecture.

I had a really nice juice/smoothly thing from a shop in the SAM building (where the names of the product ended in ‘i’), however there was only one girl there and she was so busy! She was making 4, 5 drinks at once. I felt sorry for her. I had Thai from the shop within SAM and it wasn’t very nice. Evil coriander.

J

jhakka

Götterfunken said:
Did you hear the accent of the women that was doing it? It was hilarious in a European kinda way. If you where handing out BoS flyers my friends and I got one of you. I was going to say hello, but was in a rush to get to the psych lecture.

I had a really nice juice/smoothly thing from a shop in the SAM building (where the names of the product ended in ‘i’), however there was only one girl there and she was so busy! She was making 4, 5 drinks at once. I felt sorry for her. I had Thai from the shop within SAM and it wasn’t very nice. Evil coriander.
Me, glitterfairy and kami were giving out flyers. Goldendawn made a half arsed effort. So if you got one, it was prolly from one of us.

And the cones they gave us ice cream in tasted like paper. :(

HSC
N/A
To make it easier - if it was a girl, it was me, if it was a guy, it was jhakka or kami ;)

At one point, I thought the ice-cream lady was speaking with a sort of Dracula accent. It was amusing...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Were you inside a building? or were you at the stairs or along the road/path thingo?

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
I went to the Open Day too! I believe I got a BOS flyer from glitterfairy which was pretty groovy, though I forgot to actually tell her my username. Oops! But you were all super friendly. Yay. High five for all of that.

Anywho, out of all the open days I've been to this year I've got the best feeling from Macquarie. Helloooo top of my list of preferences w/ UAC. It may be a pretty ugly place what with it's almost cold-war-esque architecture, HOWEVER it had such a lovely feel to it. Go team Macquarie. I made my own fossil and everything. So much fun.

J

jhakka

I couldn't help but feel put off by Macquarie... the lack of roads creeped me out. I suppose I'm just a USyd boy.

HSC
N/A
I can't help but feel creeped out by the roads at usyd. I guess I'm just a Club Mac girl.

courtnez, you need to say hello to me next time! :'(

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
kami said:
Haha, nah don't worry about losing me on the train. lol. I worried afterwards that I might have seemed rude because I didn't say goodbye properly. And the ice cream was cool! It *did* look like porridge made out of things that shall not be named though...
lol, i was worried about appearing rude!

i thought the ice cream LOOKED alright, but the taste was disappointing. the process of making it was really cool though.

Götterfunken

HSC
courtnez said:
t may be a pretty ugly place what with it's almost cold-war-esque architecture, HOWEVER it had such a lovely feel to it. Go team Macquarie. I made my own fossil and everything. So much fun.
Yeah, I so agree. I almost liked the buildings however, in a strange kinda-way.

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
I did say hello! Except not with my user name. It was fairly early on in the Open Day, I was wearing a grey shirt and jeans and I'd said something about knowing the site and then there was some excitement because of EE2 but then it was lecture time. It was near some steps where the buses from Gordon/Epping were arriving, opposite ze Library.

USyd is very... Harry Potter-y. I think I'd implode with four years of that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)