• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

MQ Open Day 2005 (2 Viewers)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
meLoncoLLie said:
lol, i was worried about appearing rude!

i thought the ice cream LOOKED alright, but the taste was disappointing. the process of making it was really cool though.
haha, well I suppose it cancels out then;)
Well I was a bit off put by the process actually, since Prof. Helga von Dracula(as she will now be known) kept using the hedge as a shelf to put things on.

J

jhakka

I was a bit worried when she had a full blast-screen mask, and her assistant only had a pair of goggles.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
courtnez said:
I did say hello! Except not with my user name. It was fairly early on in the Open Day, I was wearing a grey shirt and jeans and I'd said something about knowing the site and then there was some excitement because of EE2 but then it was lecture time. It was near some steps where the buses from Gordon/Epping were arriving, opposite ze Library.

USyd is very... Harry Potter-y. I think I'd implode with four years of that. :)
Well if it was near the steps you would have seen jhakka and I as well.:) We were on the sides of the stairs and she was centre.

J

jhakka

kami said:
Well if it was near the steps you would have seen jhakka and I as well.:) We were on the sides of the stairs and she was centre.
Stupid strategic placement. She could have potentially given out so many more flyers from there.

X

xeuyrawp

jhakka said:
Met Mike, was in the group when we met Rob, met amoz and damnation, and a couple of others when we were handing out flyers.
Err, your group didn't come up to me while I was with Mike.

That being said, if you're a moderator on BOS, I really think you should explicitly say hello in real life, even if it's uncomfortable due to your friends.

J

jhakka

PwarYuex said:
Err, your group didn't come up to me while I was with Mike.

That being said, if you're a moderator on BOS, I really think you should explicitly say hello in real life, even if it's uncomfortable due to your friends.
Apologies. I would have felt a bit rude if I interrupted the conversation. I was the dude with sunnies and an orange shirt. Will say hi next time.

No no, I was with Lynny, Marcus and Evan, not with Mike. I suppose I didn't word that well.

X

xeuyrawp

jhakka said:
Apologies. I would have felt a bit rude if I interrupted the conversation. I was the dude with sunnies and an orange shirt. Will say hi next time.

No no, I was with Lynny, Marcus and Evan, not with Mike. I suppose I didn't word that well.
Oh, 'was with the group' was a separate sentence. Gottit =)

Say hello next time!

I thought you were kami, initially. Then I saw him and I immediately knew it was him. Couldn't place your face to your name, though, just thought you were some random here for the Icecream.

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
I remember the orange shirt! And there was someone else with a black shirt there. -- How many BOS groups were there? I saw someone walking around with a sticker on her leg, but that was about it.

Anyway I was wondering, was your selection to wear orange intentional based on the fact that your username comes up orange on the site? :D

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i thought i rocked, helped me alot in choosing or rather not having to choose between secondary and primary teaching!! yay! :D

macquarie has just come up to an equal first with CSU, im gonna have to decide soon!!

also thanks to the blonde guy, wearing sunglasses, in the booth that was handing out the black bags, u were very helpful in directing us to the psychology booth, even thou i dunno if ur a BOSer...soon find out

J

jhakka

PwarYuex said:
Oh, 'was with the group' was a separate sentence. Gottit =)

Say hello next time!

I thought you were kami, initially. Then I saw him and I immediately knew it was him. Couldn't place your face to your name, though, just thought you were some random here for the Icecream.
Yah, will say hi next time we're in the same general area.

courtnez said:
I remember the orange shirt! And there was someone else with a black shirt there. -- How many BOS groups were there? I saw someone walking around with a sticker on her leg, but that was about it.

Anyway I was wondering, was your selection to wear orange intentional based on the fact that your username comes up orange on the site?
Marcus (goldendawn) was wearing black, but he had a light shirt on underneath. Amoz lilo, I believe, had the sticker on her leg. There were a few people from BOS there, but to my knowledge me, Lynn, Marcus and Evan were the largest flyer group. And no, the orange shirt was not intentional. I just like that shirt.

HSC
N/A
courtnez said:
I did say hello! Except not with my user name. It was fairly early on in the Open Day, I was wearing a grey shirt and jeans and I'd said something about knowing the site and then there was some excitement because of EE2 but then it was lecture time. It was near some steps where the buses from Gordon/Epping were arriving, opposite ze Library.

USyd is very... Harry Potter-y. I think I'd implode with four years of that. :)
Oh! I think I remember you now! :D

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Yah, will say hi next time we're in the same general area.

Marcus (goldendawn) was wearing black, but he had a light shirt on underneath. Amoz lilo, I believe, had the sticker on her leg. There were a few people from BOS there, but to my knowledge me, Lynn, Marcus and Evan were the largest flyer group. And no, the orange shirt was not intentional. I just like that shirt.
We were the *only* BOS flyer group, dear heart.

X

xeuyrawp

oh, and Evan- did you go to the Ancient Lecture at 12? I couldn't end up going and speaking, and I was planning to at the 2:00 one, but Tom Hillard just kept rambling.

I sat down and saw Ben in the lecture theatre, man that was odd. I swivvled around on my chair, and there he was.

For all you neophytes, Tom Hillard usually wears Hawaiin shirts, but I think the uni told him not to, which sucks. He is probably the most interesting, if not most tangent-visiting person I've ever met.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
oh, and Evan- did you go to the Ancient Lecture at 12? I couldn't end up going and speaking, and I was planning to at the 2:00 one, but Tom Hillard just kept rambling.
I didn't go...the liquid nitrogen ice cream stand was right infront of me at the time the lecture was about to start - the temptation was too strong:$

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
Did he change shirt? He was wearing a green hawaiian shirt this morning... :(
Omg, they made him change it.

He is SUCH a dag, I love it:)

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
Hooray! :D It's a little bit surreal that BOS people are more than just a username.

Just a question re: your flyers anyway, where is the expo taking place? There's a map etc., but I have no idea what this map refers to. It could be any building. So, am I blind to the expo address or is it not on there?

white_spazzy, were you at the secondary teaching lecture?

ah this post is just made up of question marks...

J

jhakka

courtnez said:
Hooray! :D It's a little bit surreal that BOS people are more than just a username.

Just a question re: your flyers anyway, where is the expo taking place? There's a map etc., but I have no idea what this map refers to. It could be any building. So, am I blind to the expo address or is it not on there?

http://www.boredofstudies.org/exposoon.php It's an online one. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
courtnez said:

Its an online expo courtnez:) There is an advertisement for it on the main page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)