• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LoneShadow said:
and I can assure you not every single Muslim went rioting. Not even a considerable fraction of them.

....and yeah it was not proper to swear.
Get off your high horse and realise that anti-semetic cartoons are published all the time in the Middle East, and that not so much as a whisper is raised by the Jews about them. The fact that any Muslims rioted shows that there is something wrong.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Re: Jihad Against Danish Newspaper

withoutaface said:
So you suggest we have a rationality police? If that was so then the unproven claims of the Bible/Qu'ran etc would cause them to stop being published.
Rationality is not always proven by scientific evidence. Sometimes human brain can do wonders in rationalising.

Again, I only need to look at the result that its teachings have had in the middle east to know that I don't want sharia law rammed down my throat.
I doubt the condition that middle-east is in is the result of teachings of Islam. Go back before the involvement of the west in middle-east and you'll see for yourself the difference.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Get off your high horse and realise that anti-semetic cartoons are published all the time in the Middle East, and that not so much as a whisper is raised by the Jews about them. The fact that any Muslims rioted shows that there is something wrong.
Muslims are flamed all the time in western papers. No one cares about it. But you don't go making fun of the fundametal beliefs of Islam.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
LoneShadow said:
and I can assure you not every single Muslim went rioting. Not even a considerable fraction of them.

....and yeah it was not proper to swear.
So if the small fraction that did riot do not represent you or the majority of Muslims, why do you and indeed a 'considerable fraction' prefer to try to justify the rioting rather than distancing yourself from it and those who did it?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
So if the small fraction that did riot do not represent you or the majority of Muslims, why do you and indeed a 'considerable fraction' prefer to try to justify the rioting rather than distancing yourself from it and those who did it?
Not rioting does not mean acceptance of the cartoons.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
derukureetsu said:
I would easily say, like the rest of the people in this topic that Muslims should all just F*** themselves.
Sorry, Muslims arent allowed to do that! :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LoneShadow said:
Muslims are flamed all the time in western papers. No one cares about it. But you don't go making fun of the fundametal beliefs of Islam.
Every day in the paper I could find someone making fun of the fundamental tenets of capitalism, something which I hold a very very strong belief in.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Rationality is not always proven by scientific evidence. Sometimes human brain can do wonders in rationalising.
Well what can be done by the human brain can also be shown using the scientific method... our brains are actually pretty good rationalising machines, tho scientific method sure does make them alot better ;)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Re: Jihad Against Danish Newspaper

LoneShadow said:
Do it rationally. Not filled with ignorance.

Source of hatred of likes of you towards Islam. While you know absolutely nothing about Islam or its teachings.

quite alot of people here actually know a thing or two about islam.

and even if they didnt,knowing that rioting and violence is wrong, doesnt require any knowledge of islam.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Every day in the paper I could find someone making fun of the fundamental tenets of capitalism, something which I hold a very very strong belief in.
Capitalism is a system, not a religion. Then again, u say urself that you dont have strongs beliefs. So why would u get hurt?

at Not Bright: sometimes things human brain do is not possible to perform scientifically. But sceintific rationalisation is easier to understand.

Sasha: go play with your Bob the Builder toys.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LoneShadow said:
Capitalism is a system, not a religion. Then again, u say urself that you dont have strongs beliefs. So why would u get hurt?

at Not Bright: sometimes things human brain do is not possible to perform scientifically. But sceintific rationalisation is easier to understand.

Capitalism is a set of beliefs based on rational thinking, which I do have a very strong belief in. I cbf going back in the thread, but I was seriously upset/hurt when I saw some islamofascist protestor carrying a sign reading "Freedom go to hell".

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Capitalism is a set of beliefs based on rational thinking, which I do have a very strong belief in. I cbf going back in the thread, but I was seriously upset/hurt when I saw some islamofascist protestor carrying a sign reading "Freedom go to hell".
As I said before. You cannot find a perfect community or group in the world. There are moron present, like for example bin Laden.

If you study the history of Islam: Islam was the religion who brought about the equality of all human beings. It prohibited discrimination against race, sex or wealth.
Islam was the religion who prohibited slavery. It said all were created equaly and free.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:

oh sorry Mr mature, i didnt realise you think you are so important. Now go and martyr for allah or something.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
LoneShadow said:
and I can assure you not every single Muslim went rioting.
I am sick of this being brought up.

We know not every Muslim rioted. We're not retarded. I never even suggested that all muslims rioted. It's not even the core issue I brought up in my post. The fact that there was rioting was the problem.

We're not saying that the cartoons were NOT offensive. Please remember this. We are saying that rioting and threatening people with bombs to prohibit them from saying offensive things is against freedom of speech

"You cannot say this or you will be bombed!" = no right to freedom of speech
as opposed to:

"the danish newspapers shouldnt have shown those cartoons because it was extremely offensive. we demand a sincere apology."

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
As I said before. You cannot find a perfect community or group in the world. There are moron present, like for example bin Laden.

If you study the history of Islam: Islam was the religion who brought about the equality of all human beings. It prohibited discrimination against race, sex or wealth.
wrong wrong and wrong.

Males are considered supperior in islam and woman are usually oppressed greatly.
Men receive all the inheritance, while the woman gets zip.
I,they are in no way tollerant of other religions. And since Jews are considered a race also , muslims show alot of discrimination and hate to them.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
wrong wrong and wrong.

Males are considered supperior in islam and woman are usually oppressed greatly.
Men receive all the inheritance, while the woman gets zip.
I,they are in no way tollerant of other religions. And since Jews are considered a race also , muslims show alot of discrimination and hate to them.

It's true men get 2 times as much as women get in inheritence. But you have to consider the family structure of Islam. In Islam the man is responsibleto provide for the family. Women don't get zip is not true.

Islam does not say go kill every non Muslim you find. If that was the case then why would Muslims have permission to marry followers of Judaism and Christianity?

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
It's true men get 2 times as much as women get in inheritence. But you have to consider the family structure of Islam. In Islam the man is responsibleto provide for the family. Women don't get zip.

So you admit its not equal.

Islam does not say go kill every non Muslim you find. If that was the case then why would Muslims have permission to marry followers of Judaism and Christianity?
it mentions numerous times in the quran to kill disbeleivers.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
So you admit its not equal.
Re-read what I just said.

it mentions numerous times in the quran to kill disbeleivers.
You heard that from TV right?......if you had read that yourself...you would've read the part that talks about the reasons behind it. By non believer the Holy Quran is not reffering to just non Muslims. [One more little thing. Understanding the Holy Quran is not easy for all. Muslim scholars dont study a lifetime for nothing. A mere literal translation does not tell you the whole story]

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Re-read what I just said.
the husband has all the wealth and the woman depends on him. i call that NOT equal wealth. doesnt matter how u put it.

You heard that from TV right?......if you had read that yourself...you would've read the part that talks about the reasons behind it. By non believer the Holy Quran is not reffering to just non Muslims
no not the TV.

i did read it for my self.

the reason being, that they dont beleive in islam and muhammad wants to dominate the world with islamic teachings, even if it means slaying the disbelievers.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
the husband has all the wealth and the woman depends on him. i call that NOT equal wealth. doesnt matter how u put it.
Your comparing Islam against capitalism. I won't talk about this matter no more.

no not the TV.

i did read it for my self.

the reason being, that they dont beleive in islam and muhammad wants to dominate the world with islamic teachings, even if it means slaying the disbelievers.
You read but did not understand a word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)