alez

feel like an angel
HSC
can someone post up the question for 6?

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
calb1 said:
whats the answer to this one"which scientist improved the understanding of the immune response"
a) george beadl
B) burnett
c) koch
d) sutton

wasnt it macfalen or something... the outcome!

cant spell her name cause i dont care about her

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
SH33P said:
wasnt it macfalen or something... the outcome!

cant spell her name cause i dont care about her
wasnt macfarlane burnet a guy?

i put him as the answer.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
b
thank god for dotpoint cause i had never heard of burnett till last night

lilwim

HSC
N/A
Lordie said:
The last question - I put the person 1 was a carrier, person two(the female was not affected, and person three was a carrier. I said this because it was sex linked, and the son's of the parents, some of them had it. So wasn't that B?
nope sorry

one couldnt have possibly been a carrier, as one was a male, and therefore would have exhibited the disease.
same goes for 3 as it was a male too

EDIT: haha sorry...i probably shouldve realised that a hundred other people wouldve already written this by now :p

Last edited:

Jaspal

HSC
Wehmer said:
Isn't this exactly what survival of the fittest is all about?

Bugs are sprayed with pesticide, 95% die, and 5% have a resistance to it that was ingrained in their system.

Those 5% pass on their genetic structure and then when they are sprayed next time only 10% die or so
Umm thats a bit exaggerated, you're right, overuse of the pesticide would result ina resistance, or underdosage, where not enough was used to completely kill the bugs.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
danz90 said:
Well this year's paper had a lot of Maintaining a Balance - a topic I like and know heaps from. Although, I reckon they're definitely marking harder this year, cause of the easier questions (well at least in my opinion).

My teacher said that head markers look at around 200-300 randomly picked student responses to make up the marking guidelines/criteria, which all starts TODAY.

I ended up going onto a 2nd booklet for the communication option lol. I just had so much to write for the big 6 and 7 markers... and had plenty of time so I thought why not, just throw all my knowledge onto the paper.

I absolutelyyy loved the 5 marker on the non-infectious disease. I drew it up as a table, with all the criteria they wanted, and did it on Lead poisoning - coz I knew alot about this since I researched it for the Chem course. lol at first i started writing about influenza.. then im like WTF this is infectious, half way through my response lol
Yeah. I read that question like 3 times just to make sure I didnt do the wrong one. I did it on down syndrome, because I had to do it in genetics so I knew heaps on it.

Those were probably like the 5 easiest marks in the paper.

MaddyR

HSC
Lordie said:
The last question - I put the person 1 was a carrier, person two(the female was not affected, and person three was a carrier. I said this because it was sex linked, and the son's of the parents, some of them had it. So wasn't that B?
Person 3 was a male and males can't be carriers.

loki911

HSC
hmm.. either 13 or 14/15 ^^ dam i hopped for a band 6 well that goes out the window.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
jozza80 said:
If individual 3 was a carrier. He would have died to young to make some babies... Therefore you would expect C to be the correct answer..

Maybe you were right after-all.
damn you and your lateral thinking ):

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
ok im still not getting 6
i still think its c, dont know how it could be d

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC
always.dreaming said:
damn you and your lateral thinking ):
I did UMAT.

That shit preps you for any multi choice or anything in that regard!

haha..

HSC
alez said:
ok im still not getting 6
i still think its c, dont know how it could be d
The reason most people picked D is because it fit the exact model of an ectotherm increasing with ambient temperature (the temp in the cage). But, im gona stick with my answer, C, i spent a while on this question and decided the even though it is completely correct to OBSERVE the temperature of the organism you can only infer that its metabolic processes are increased, you cannot observe that.

I'm stick with C on this one. If C is right 14/15 if not then 13/15 (Dam pedigree LOL).

dolbinau

HSC
WantToDoBetter said:
The reason most people picked D is because it fit the exact model of an ectotherm increasing with ambient temperature (the temp in the cage). But, im gona stick with my answer, C, i spent a while on this question and decided the even though it is completely correct to OBSERVE the temperature of the organism you can only infer that its metabolic processes are increased, you cannot observe that.

I'm stick with C on this one. If C is right 14/15 if not then 13/15 (Dam pedigree LOL).
You give me hope!

gjr17

HSC
i think for question 5 its D cause t-cells are used for viruses which invade the cytoplasm of human cells.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)