multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

cccclaire

HSC
jozza80 said:
I did UMAT.

That shit preps you for any multi choice or anything in that regard!

haha..
not exactly. I did pretty awesome in UMAT, which is full of multiple choice trick questions and I still fell into the antigen/antibody trap.

I'm suprised at how many people don't understand sex-linked genes though. Male's can't be carriers, it's impossible.

dolbinau

HSC
cccclaire said:
not exactly. I did pretty awesome in UMAT, which is full of multiple choice trick questions and I still fell into the antigen/antibody trap.

I'm suprised at how many people don't understand sex-linked genes though. Male's can't be carriers, it's impossible.
What was your percentile + raw section scores?

dolbinau

HSC
That is amazing. Not to seem racist, but are you asian :p?

elizamc

HSC
N/A
bekmay said:
its temp was less than the temp of the cage endo. NO WRONG WRONG WRONG

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
NOT C!
couldn't have been conclusively C, let's say a human was in the cage- we're endotherms. if the temp of the cage was like 10 degrees C, the human's body temp would still be approx. 37 degrees C. thus NOT less that the temp of the cage cos they'd be DEAD!
my teacher and she said she would have put C
it isnt wrong
if the temperature of the organism is less than the temperature of the cage then in must be an endotherm, because if it was an ectotherm the temperature would be the same as the temperature in the cage
it might not be the most correct, but it may be
its not wrong

cccclaire

HSC
elizamc said:
my teacher and she said she would have put C
it isnt wrong
if the temperature of the organism is less than the temperature of the cage then in must be an endotherm, because if it was an ectotherm the temperature would be the same as the temperature in the cage
it might not be the most correct, but it may be
its not wrong

The answer is clearly A.

elizamc

HSC
N/A
cccclaire said:
The answer is clearly A.
seems your claimed intelligence has replaced a sense of humor..

so you see i have a point and have no argument then?

cccclaire

HSC
elizamc said:
seems your claimed intelligence has replaced a sense of humor..

so you see i have a point and have no argument then?
no. You and your biology teacher are wrong. The answer is D.

nymphae

HSC
Uni Grad
Think about question 6 logically. Just because the temperature of the organism was less than that of the cage doesn't necessarily mean that the organism was an endotherm. There isn't really enough information for a complete conclusion to be made with C. However, D makes more sense, as we SHOULD know from our Maintaining study that the property of an ectotherm is that their temperature and metabolic reactions are controlled by the external environment.

Thus, D seems the more logical choice.

elizamc

HSC
N/A
cccclaire said:
no. You and your biology teacher are wrong. The answer is D.
C is not wrong
i am not saying it was the most correct answer.
but it is not wrong.
people are saying it is stupid and they dont understand how it could be C
it could be right

if the animals temp is lower than the temp in the cage then it must be enothermic because an ectotherms temp would be the SAME as in the cage

it isnt wrong

nymphae

HSC
Uni Grad
elizamc said:
C is not wrong
but it is not wrong.
it could be right

if the animals temp is lower than the temp in the cage then it must be enothermic because an ectotherms temp would be the SAME as in the cage

it isnt wrong
Maybe not, but you're right -- I don't think the MOST correct answer.

If enough people threw it, and the markers see how awkward the wording of the question was, they'll probably be lenient. It happens all the time in Latin Continuers (apparently) with the grammar multiple choice, so they might just do it here.

cccclaire

HSC
elizamc said:
C is not wrong
but it is not wrong.
it could be right

it isnt wrong
ectotherms temperatures are not the SAME as in the cage, they only move up and down according to how the temperature in the cage moves up and down.

bendha

HSC
cccclaire said:

yea if males were carriers .. they'd be the affected ones

HSC
nymphae said:
Think about question 6 logically. Just because the temperature of the organism was less than that of the cage doesn't necessarily mean that the organism was an endotherm. There isn't really enough information for a complete conclusion to be made with C. However, D makes more sense, as we SHOULD know from our Maintaining study that the property of an ectotherm is that their temperature and metabolic reactions are controlled by the external environment.

Thus, D seems the more logical choice.
In saying this i am only giving my opinion like the rest of you. I do not know the answer 100%.

You need to put it in the context of the question wether the answer is factual or not, distracters usually have basis of fact in the question but they do not address the question.

Which is the correct conclusion based on the observation? (Is the question).

D is correct in that it accuratly states the reaction of an ectotherm to rising temperatures.

But C also does, by noting that the organism has a temperature below the cage temp it is clear the organism is not an ectotherm and is not keeping its temperature in line with the ambient.

Which answer is correct in relation to an OBSERVATION. Can one observe the ectotherms metabolism increasing or is it an inferance.

I answered C based on that. We will find out one way or another...

Night.

Last edited:

shazarna

HSC
Azurie said:
For 6 I got C, because I thought ecotherms can't control metabolism? can someone explain please, though I debated between D and C for 5 minutes LOL
they can't- that's why it increases as their body temperature increases so they become more active...

Azurie

HSC
shazarna said:
they can't- that's why it increases as their body temperature increases so they become more active...
Yeah it was cleared up quite a through pages ago

JosephW

HSC
The answer is C:burn:

Organism's temperature lower than cage = homeostasis maintaining low temperature. Nuff said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)