Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

darkdog307

HSC
I got court of criminal appeal as well, because they hear the appeal, and I though the case only goes to high court, not the appeal

shannan94

HSC
I got court of criminal appeal as well, because they hear the appeal, and I though the case only goes to high court, not the appeal

The court of appeal is not the highest court though for appeals on points of law, Burns v Queen for example is a case appealed from the Supreme Court of New South Wales (Court of Criminal Appeal) to the High Court because it is believed the conviction was under erroneous circumstances

Zenox

HSC
How? I don't understand that answer
Committal proceeding is the preliminary hearing of a case in the local court to determine f it is serious enough to be tried before a jury in a higher court and if there is enough evidence to establish a case.

Zenox

HSC
I think you are slightly confused between appeals on questions of law, and appeals on sentence because the high court can hear appeals, by special leave, from Federal, State and Territory courts, on questions of law. The highest court for sentence appeals is the Supreme court of appeal. Considering the question concerned a question of law in contrast to a challenge on appeal, it could go to the high court for appeal.
"The CCA is a court of review. This means that it does not hear evidence itself, and in most cases, fresh evidence is not admissible. Where a conviction is challenged, the court will review the proceedings and the judgment of the lower court, and must decide whether an error of law has been shown. An error of law is a misinterpretation or misapplication of a principle of law, or the application of an inappropriate principle of law to the facts concerned."

wogboy23

HSC
Have quickly done the multiple choice section for this year's paper. and quite easy, to be honest:
The answers:
1)D
2)B
3)A
4)D
5)B
6)D
7)[B
8)C
9)A
10)B
11)C
12)C
13)D
14)A
15)A
16)D
17)C
18)D
19) The only real trick here - I would say enactment, as ratification allows for 'enactment' into domestic law which is the final step
20) C

waves2xv14

HSC
i hate reading these threads because it shows how much of a dumbass i am :( from this ive already got 2 wrong

I

ic3410

Have quickly done the multiple choice section for this year's paper. and quite easy, to be honest:
The answers:
1)D
2)B
3)A
4)D
5)B
6)D
7)[B
8)C
9)A
10)B
11)C
12)C
13)D
14)A
15)A
16)D
17)C
18)D
19) The only real trick here - I would say enactment, as ratification allows for 'enactment' into domestic law which is the final step
20) C
Hi, i dont get 16. Could you please expain =)

legallaura

HSC
1 D
2 A
3 A
4 b or c
5 B
6 D
7 D
8 C
9 A
10 B
11 did c then crossed D
12 C
13 D
14 A
15 D
16 C
17 C
18 D
19 B
20 C
Hey there and thanks for putting in yours... but um i got B for 2?! can someone confirm that??
i fudged alot of my MC... rushed it. :(

wogboy23

HSC
Hi, i dont get 16. Could you please expain =)
Certainly, and I'll be quite frank. Basically they can't ask them questions on the train because it tarnishes the fluidity and methodology of the investigation process - i.e. questions can only be asked after the accused has been arrested (during the interrogation process after the caution has been read). Hence, the answer is D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)