Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

SuperMike96

HSC
I got 17/20 in multiple choice. Not what I'd hoped but it is workable.

Examine

same
HSC
TBH, I wasn't too surprised. MC always sucks. I should've had a toilet break to get 20/20. :haha:
I always get this adrenaline rush to do multiple choice during reading time (fingernails yes) and then end up screwing up MC (though it was decent this time).

yugimon

HSC
how is q20: D? doesnt the governer general sign on behalf of the queen or some shit not actually review the legislation on his own.. - isnt it B?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I always get this adrenaline rush to do multiple choice during reading time (fingernails yes) and then end up screwing up MC (though it was decent this time).
I read through it in the reading time. I didn't start on it though, I did my crime response first (which was freaking weird, don't know what compelled me to do that) and wrote 6 pages of crime before I went back to finish the paper in chronology.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
how is q20: D? doesnt the governer general sign on behalf of the queen or some shit not actually review the legislation on his own.. - isnt it B?
I guess it is D.

It was always in the back of my mind.

Everything is always in the back of my mind. :(

BigD787

HSC
The answers are as follows - I've had 2 hsc markers tell me these are the correct ones.

1. B
2. B
3. D
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. D
10. B
11. B
12. C
13. A
14. A
15. C
16. B
17. D
18. A
19. A
20. D --> as stupid as the GG one sounds, its correct.
I agree with all of them except 20, it is most definitely B. A is wrong because judiciary interpret legislation, C is wrong because legislature amend/make legislation and D is wrong because the Senate (legislature) reviews legislation, and the Governor General is responsible for assent only (review has the connotation that they can change it, which the GG cannot). Therefore the Answer must be B. An example is that the police are part of the executive and they enforce/apply law.

For anyone wondering, 18 is obviously a tricky one depending upon whether or not they look at statutory as a key term, because for the most part the idea of a Charter of Rights is that it will be similar to others which are entrenched. However based on research, it is clear that B is right as they have taken statutory as key.

Ballinnn

HSC
18-Are you sure it is B? its no necessary whats right, but what is more right. I hope its B though

BigD787

HSC
18-Are you sure it is B? its no necessary whats right, but what is more right. I hope its B though
i asked 3 teachers, all of them were unsure. I think it depends upon the interpretation of statutory, if they take it as meaning a statute law then yes its B.
Looking at it now, seeing if statutory doesn't apply then both C and D are correct, so it must be B.

cashewpolish

HSC
The answers are as follows - I've had 2 hsc markers tell me these are the correct ones.

1. B
2. B
3. D
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. D
10. B
11. B
12. C
13. A
14. A
15. C
16. B
17. D
18. A
19. A
20. D --> as stupid as the GG one sounds, its correct.
If this is right, then 19/20. If the last one isn't D then 18/20.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
i asked 3 teachers, all of them were unsure. I think it depends upon the interpretation of statutory, if they take it as meaning a statute law then yes its B.
Looking at it now, seeing if statutory doesn't apply then both C and D are correct, so it must be B.
I've seen some years, well not in legal, but in biology where they choose two correct multiple choice answers.

YuMaNuMa

HSC
B sort of implies that the HOR can alone change the statute, which we all know isn't exactly right. The senate, and executives are also involved in teh process.

BigD787

HSC
B sort of implies that the HOR can alone change the statute, which we all know isn't exactly right. The senate, and executives are also involved in teh process.
Whilst true, i doubt that they would be that picky about it.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon you guys should just stop arguing and just start to move on.

You really never know anything until you get the marks.

BigD787

HSC
Whats wrong with A for 18 and C for 11?
For Q11, Circle sentencing does have the power of a court as it involves a magistrate who works with the community to decide upon a punishment. Thats why B is most correct
For Q18, A is probably wrong, but who really knows anymore, everyone has different ideas but it appears that B is the most used.

yugimon

HSC
I reckon you guys should just stop arguing and just start to move on.

You really never know anything until you get the marks.
True - nothing is really known with BoS considering some of these answers are quite close, can't change anything now so just hope for the best :D

iPwned3

HSC
the Governor General is responsible for assent only (review has the connotation that they can change it, which the GG cannot). Therefore the Answer must be B. An example is that the police are part of the executive and they enforce/apply law.
Wait, when you say that the Governor General is 'responsible' for assent, can't she also decide to NOT give a bill royal assent? Thus, she 'reviews' over the legislation and decides whether or not she will give it royal assent. And when you say the GG can 'change it' are you referring to the bill?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)