Murali Reinstated (2 Viewers)

Pace Setter

budj said:
I have read a report which says they have done that man, and they do say he is clean and under the 15 deg new guideline.
That could've come out of anyone's mouth. The point is that the official report that details what was being tested hasnt been released yet. Bucketloads of claims have been spewed out by various media outlets based on the comments of a few ex-players-not by the actual details/stats/solid information from the investigation.

budj said:
Yes your right, to achieve alidity, they need to test each one under the same conditios. Murali has been cleared before by analysis of video footage.

If the variance is 3-4 degrees, is it possible that mcgrath could be chucking say up to13 degrees then?
Which is why it's even more important to wait for the official report. See, they've done lab testing on Murali, which is supposedly more accurate than video footage. And apparently his lab results were the ones that came up with 14.8 degrees, whilst all the other bowlers who were tested were judged by what they bowled during the Champs Trophy-i.e as they werent ever subjected to a lab. So you have the likes of Mcgrath maybe chucking his effort ball at somewhere between 7 and 13, lets say even 14 degrees. But what's Murali going to come in at when he puts a bit more grunge into his doosra, during a cut-throat match on a knife-edge? That 15 degree barrier doesnt stand a chance.

budj

HSC
Pace Setter said:
That could've come out of anyone's mouth. The point is that the official report that details what was being tested hasnt been released yet. Bucketloads of claims have been spewed out by various media outlets based on the comments of a few ex-players-not by the actual details/stats/solid information from the investigation.

Which is why it's even more important to wait for the official report. See, they've done lab testing on Murali, which is supposedly more accurate than video footage. And apparently his lab results were the ones that came up with 14.8 degrees, whilst all the other bowlers who were tested were judged by what they bowled during the Champs Trophy-i.e as they werent ever subjected to a lab. So you have the likes of Mcgrath maybe chucking his effort ball at somewhere between 7 and 13, lets say even 14 degrees. But what's Murali going to come in at when he puts a bit more grunge into his doosra, during a cut-throat match on a knife-edge? That 15 degree barrier doesnt stand a chance.
Bro, people have done video testing on Murali aswell, and as I said, he was cited to be under limit (15 degrees for doosora). Therefore he would be tested under the same likes of Glen Mcgrath, and hence we can compare those test results. As stated by those results, it is evident that both Mcgrath and Murali have chucked, and that the current rule neds drastic refurbishment

Further, you say that a few ex-players...claims..., THe head of biomechanics supports this evidence and the need to revamp the rule. Yes he may of played cricket, thus making him an ex-player, but he does have a lot of validity about him.

The ICC are highly likely to change the rule, therefore allowing Murali to bowl his doosora. No matter what is said on this thread. Further, it is more than likely that Muirali is going to overake warnie in wickets, thus being the better spin bowler.

But as an aside, canyou all imagine warnie and Murali bowling in tandem in a team together. The best offie ever and the best leg spinner ever. Man that would kick.

But Murali is still the better bowler, and still the better person, thus culminating to him being the better cricketer

Last edited:

BrenKHS

HSC
budj said:
But Murali is still the better bowler, and still the better person, thus culminating to him being the better cricketer
Id have to agree with that, Warnes a prick.

I think that chucking should remain banned. How are they going to enfore this 15 degree law ? Its all nice to allow murali to bowl, but do you expect umps to pull out petractor's while the bowler comes running in ?

Its a disgrace to cricket allowing chucking, if someones a chucker they should be playing baseball.

budj

HSC
Then 99% of current bowlers should be playing baseball

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well murali is never in the media, maybe because he does nothing or the lankan media are covering up his alcohol problems and drug addiction brought on through many years of stress of people labelling him a chucker. when i met warney, he seemed like a top guy to me.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Murali is a champ. There are only three cricketers in the world that i would be able to watch play non stop all day and not get tired, they are SR Tendulkar (for the class) , V Sehwag (for the entertainment) and M Muralitharan (genius bowler)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
budj said:
Well by the previous ICC rules, 99% of the bowlers are chuckers, even Glen McGrath. Murali's legit
your obviously from the sub-continent or ceylon itself!! so of course u love murali, he's the only good thing from sri lanka... where aussies, should give a shit, he'll never be as good as bradman... if u wanna be proud of a spinner bedi from india... murali is a whinger, what about other players carrers have been ended because they've been no balled for chucking!! they never got the icc involved, sri lanka suck, and would not be any good without murali

dave_119

Banned
HSC
acmilan said:
Murali is a champ. There are only three cricketers in the world that i would be able to watch play non stop all day and not get tired, they are SR Tendulkar (for the class) , V Sehwag (for the entertainment) and M Muralitharan (genius bowler)
you must not watch a lot of cricket

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
dave_119 said:
sri lanka suck, and would not be any good without murali

Actually mate, behind us and the Poms theyre probably the form side in world cricket right now.

Attapatu, Sangakkara,Vaas, Jayawardene and that Samaraweera bloke are all class. Jayasuriya is getting on a bit but can still pull out the odd class performance. They definitely deserve to rank above South Africa, Pakistan and maybe even India nowadays because they are more conisistent and quite talented too. Johnny Dyson's done a great job getting the Lankans into shape and now a formidable outfit especially in the one-dayers.

Skip

When will people actually accept that Murali is not a cheat????

OK, he chucks, but so does Glenn McGrath, a bowler renowned around the world as having one of the smoothest, purest actions in the world!

A few people here lack an understanding of the chucking laws and biomechanics.
Chuck=Arm flexion
Chucker=Everyone

Murali is one of the greatest spinners ever, and he got to that position perfectly legitemately. If you can't accept that, have a good think about the facts....

Pace Setter

budj said:
Bro, people have done video testing on Murali aswell, and as I said, he was cited to be under limit (15 degrees for doosora). Therefore he would be tested under the same likes of Glen Mcgrath, and hence we can compare those test results. As stated by those results, it is evident that both Mcgrath and Murali have chucked, and that the current rule neds drastic refurbishment

Further, you say that a few ex-players...claims..., THe head of biomechanics supports this evidence and the need to revamp the rule. Yes he may of played cricket, thus making him an ex-player, but he does have a lot of validity about him.
There may have once been video testing on Murali, but video testing is inaccurate-hence they use lab results instead. Are you aware of how the "99% of bowlers are chuckers" comment came about? A spokesman for the testing team suggested that in THIS year's champion trophy, it was found that a few of the cleaner bowlers like Mcgrath and Pollock were over the existing limit. They then took out 30 year old tapes of Dennis Lillee and Co. and estimated that some of the more purer bowling actions of the time were also over. Based on this anecdotal kind of claim, some media mogel spread the 99% rumour around.

Now note, Murali did not participate in the Champion's trophy, and thus wasnt tested in this case. So where did the 14.8 come from? Dont ask me. They havent released the report yet. But I can take a good guess and say it was from lab testing, which is accurate, rather than video footage of ANOTHER series, which is inaccurate, and also a procedure that hasnt been taken for other bowlers who didnt bowl in the champion's trophy. SHANE WARNE for example. So I think that's a good guess. Of course, if that is the case, then there has been an inconsistency-not necessarily in the report or the testing-but in the media. For all you know, Murali could've have came in at 22 degrees had he played in the Champ's trophy. Or perhaps he may have miraculously bowled a couple of 3 degree non-chucking doosras had he been tested the same way as the other "99%" ;) (a figure which should actually lie closer to 1%).

budj said:
The ICC are highly likely to change the rule, therefore allowing Murali to bowl his doosora. No matter what is said on this thread. Further, it is more than likely that Muirali is going to overake warnie in wickets, thus being the better spin bowler.
And again, what if the ICC decide to review the level of straightening of every bowler in every match from now on, and find Murali bowling a 20 degree effort-doosra?

Without going into an argument on who's better, the amount of wickets alone doesnt consititute a better bowler. Surely your not saying that Warnie is the greatest bowler of all time right now, at least until Murali gets a couple more wickets, regardless of what opposition he bowled to? That's oversimplifying things, which I'm sure you'd agree.

budj said:
But as an aside, canyou all imagine warnie and Murali bowling in tandem in a team together. The best offie ever and the best leg spinner ever. Man that would kick.

Although Warnie's getting a bit long in the tooth, I'm sure that could happen in a "best team V rest of the world" game.(i.e the one happening next september) Un/fortunately Australia is no.1 at the moment, so unless we lose 3-0 to Pakistan and 5-0 to England next year, with a loss to some minnow along the way, un/fortunately not. :p

Better Bowler + Better Batsmen + Better Fieldsmen, etc = Better Cricketer

Pace Setter

Skip said:
A few people here lack an understanding of the chucking laws and biomechanics.
Chuck=Arm flexion
Chucker=Everyone

Murali is one of the greatest spinners ever, and he got to that position perfectly legitemately. If you can't accept that, have a good think about the facts....
Chuck= Arm Straightening
Chucker=Anyone tested in a lab found chucking. Nobody else has been accurately proven.

Facts that MUST be true=no such thing
Facts that MAY be true=Generalisations based on solid stats or umbrella logic
Facts that arent facts=Generalisations based on generalisations/the head story of the major newspaper

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
dave_119 said:
your obviously from the sub-continent or ceylon itself!! so of course u love murali, he's the only good thing from sri lanka... where aussies, should give a shit, he'll never be as good as bradman... if u wanna be proud of a spinner bedi from india... murali is a whinger, what about other players carrers have been ended because they've been no balled for chucking!! they never got the icc involved, sri lanka suck, and would not be any good without murali
you do realise only sri lanka are in support of Murali. I can assure you the countries around it India etc are not.. i even heard Bedi whinge about it , as he normally whinges about everything

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
dave_119 said:
you must not watch a lot of cricket
Actually i do, fortunately fox sports bothers to show games that channel 9 does not, such as India vs South Africa currently being played. I could watch a whole one day match but when its test match games the three players i mentioned before are the only ones that i could watch all day. I usually watch most of the channel 9 games but i just cant sit there the whole day

Seraph said:
you do realise only sri lanka are in support of Murali. I can assure you the countries around it India etc are not.. i even heard Bedi whinge about it , as he normally whinges about everything
Not true, i support India and West Indies and I support him

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Ok my mistake

RUB!X said:
more wickets and better avgs bcoz he plays against kenya, zimbabwe and bagladesh all the time lol
I know this is old but just to clarify...firstly whenever kenya is played it is not counted towards test or one day statistics so even if he takes all the wickets it doesnt count. Bangladesh were only recently added so results against them are little. Sri Lanka usually play tough teams, this year the majority of the opponents have been world class, including many tests against australia and south africa

dave_119

Banned
HSC
in sri lanka's resent tour of zimbabwe, they included test wickets so murali could widen his lead at the top of the table, where as australia didn't not participate in tests and results from one dayers played, did not record statistics.. that is not fair!!

dave_119

Banned
HSC
acmilan said:
Actually i do, fortunately fox sports bothers to show games that channel 9 does not, such as India vs South Africa currently being played. I could watch a whole one day match but when its test match games the three players i mentioned before are the only ones that i could watch all day. I usually watch most of the channel 9 games but i just cant sit there the whole day

Not true, i support India and West Indies and I support him
you realise i was having ago at u, as u said u think tendulkar, sehwag and murali r the best cricketers!!! u must not watch much cricket!!! on the other hand, rahul dravid makes cricket a nightmare to watch, they called bill lawry the corpse with pads on, what about dravid

budj

HSC
Yeah I am from ceylon, Srilanka you tol, were not part of the british anymore.
Like I said pace settler. Murali has been video tested alot, even more so recently. Have a read (though u prolly cant understand singhalese) the news headlines about him. You'l prolly say that they are biased. Of course, every media outlet is iased man. Check the aus news headlines regarding murali, they tend to flow down your line of thought.

But if the ICC do find Murali chucking like you said, then full respect to you man and I take all my comments back. But like i said, it is highly unlikely to happen.

I cant be bothered to scroll up to read the messages again, but i know someone said that Sri Lanka is shit without Murali. Yes i agree murali is a huge part of our lin up. But weve been winning without murali, beat south africa in test series, and one day series, came to quarters, beaten by england, who then went on to the final, can you beleive it, without Australia. lol. So Sri Lanka have a strong team, and there a bloody pleasure to watch.

you say Murali is a drig cheat, an alcoholic (someone said that in their replies), bull shit. This is just some cock an bull Aus story to cover up the pain with Warnes pedopphilia, phone sex scandals, book making etc. Oh, and warne and his mum...lol the stories keep comming

Better wickets and better average does equate to a better bowler my brother.
The equation for a better cricketer at international level

Ambasador status + better bowler + better batter + better fielder = better cricketer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)