Bergkamp 10
HSC
Jury have u reached a verdict?

We find the defendant Murali ...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
budj said:
Better wickets and better average does equate to a better bowler my brother.
The equation for a better cricketer at international level

Ambasador status + better bowler + better batter + better fielder = better cricketer

Dig up the stats on how many overs Murali has bowled, his strike-rate the number of tests he's played aginst shite liek Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and then the doctored tracks he gets to play half of his cricket on and we'll compare the two. Warnie shits on Murali with the bat and in the field as well, he's a brilliant slipper, brilliant defensive bowler who has to bowl on batsmens paradises in Australia and plays most of his cricket against quality sides. He's played how many Tests against easy beat sides? How many games has he won for Australia single-handedly? Statiostics aren't a true reflection of greatness, only a rough guide. When you break it down I'd take Warne over Murali any day of the week.

His impact on modern-day cricket has been unmatched, and most people could give two shits about what he does off the field, being an ambassador has nothing to do with his cricketing prowess. If anything I'd say Murali could do with a bit of a personality transplant. He bores me. Guys like Warnie are what gets bums on seats and gets people into cricket.

Pace Setter

budj said:
Like I said pace settler. Murali has been video tested alot, even more so recently.
What part of "they didnt use those results in comparison with the other testing" dont you understand/agree with? They can stick a camera next to him 24 hrs a day. It's nothing when they still use the lab results. And no, they have not yet tested him publicly like all the other bowlers/chuckers.

budj said:
Have a read (though u prolly cant understand singhalese) the news headlines about him. You'l prolly say that they are biased. Of course, every media outlet is iased man. Check the aus news headlines regarding murali, they tend to flow down your line of thought.
Too many assumptions there mate. I dont consider any media biased-just devoid of reliable information. The Aussie news reckon the whole thing is a scheme to get Murali free, although at the same time still acknowledging that unreliable video testing caught a lot of bowlers at the champs. trophy chucking. And here comes assumption number two. I dont agree with them. This media is just as guilty as any other I've seen so far in missing the fact that the investigation report hasnt even been released yet! They ramble on about who's a chucker, what's going to happen, etc etc-without even bothering about the testing/investigation itself. Right now I dont care whether Murali's a chucker or not. What's pissing me off is that everyone's assuming this, claiming that, based on evidence that isnt there. Be it the Aussie, Sri lankan, indian, pommie or kiwi media. Anything definitive that's said about anyone being a chucker is nothing more than rubbish and speculation-simply because that's all the information that's out there right now-i.e rubbish.

When Hair called Murali, a good proportion of the anti-Murali camp were guilty of assuming he was guilty, regardless of what science came up with. But I'd say the shoe's on the other foot now. Assumptions based on headlines; headlines about science-not the actual testing itself, method of testing, or consistency of method.

budj said:
But if the ICC do find Murali chucking like you said, then full respect to you man and I take all my comments back. But like i said, it is highly unlikely to happen.
Well as long as they use the same method of testing consistently on everyone I couldn't care less whether he was a chucker or not. However, if he gets found out chucking and banned I think it's going to tear a hole apart in cricket, and I'd say it would create more controversy than him staying. Regardless, chucker or not, I'd rather have us batting against him the next time we go to SL rather than just a one man bowling attack in Vaas-it'd be better for some of our flat-track bullys to get that kind of practise-whether it be legal or illegal.

budj said:
you say Murali is a drig cheat, an alcoholic (someone said that in their replies), bull shit. This is just some cock an bull Aus story to cover up the pain with Warnes pedopphilia, phone sex scandals, book making etc. Oh, and warne and his mum...lol the stories keep comming
That's a little bit rich coming from someone with such compassion for another singled-out spinner. Here's a brief summary of the major media stories behind these two in the recent past.

Popular opinion 1- "Murali is a blatant chucker who's too scared to bowl normally because he knows he'll get smashed"

Popular opinion 2- "Warnie is a pedophile/gigolo/smoker/gambler/cheat/druggie/all-round dickhead who blames his mum for everything."

Not so Popular opinion 1- "It's just an optical illusion, he's born with it, etc."

Not so Popular opinion 2- "He's actually an all-round top bloke once you meet him. He was trying to lose weight-he was honest about not knowing that diuretics were banned."

So what's it going to be? Stick with the popular opinions or the not-so-popular? Or does what country you come from matter now?

budj said:
Better wickets and better average does equate to a better bowler my brother.
The equation for a better cricketer at international level

Ambasador status + better bowler + better batter + better fielder = better cricketer
That's still oversimplifying. Quality of opposition, conditions played in, and amount of opportunity to bowl are also important factors.

And being an "ambassader" doesnt make you any better a cricketer in my books. Cricket's just a sport.

Last edited:

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
budj said:
better batter

uhh i dont think so dood , his unauthordox style of batting always gets him screwed

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
warnie's a fat arsed loser...statisitics r improtant....how many tests did warnie play in australia.>..like 80%,..lolz
spinners arent like fast bowlers- they need skill and even if its against bangledash it is still a wicket...
look at warnie's statistics- most of the wickets r the lower order 'batsman'-abouy 75% r like 8,9,10,11...
+murali's has played in mych less test matches and look at his bowling average.....hes a bowler not a batsman/....so who cares about his batting average?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Interesting article in the sunday telegraph, slater was part of murali's testing and he agrees that hes not a cheater from the evidence because murali was able to bowl his doosra whilst wearing a brace, meaning he couldnt bend his arm, proving that he can bowl it without bending his arm. Apparantly two other cricketers who thought he was a chucker also changed their attitude after watching it...Michael Holding and some other aussie cricketer that i cant remember.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
every1 says that indian pitches are rigged and shit, but thats only partly true...the climate in india isnt dry, but its tropical and thus the ball does not bounce as well as in australia. besides who says that australian pitches rnt't rigged...just becauase indian pitches rn't the same as aus pitches- doesnt mean taht they're rigged. the perth and recently brisbane pitches causes the ball the bounce like crazy? is it a coinidence that aus has some of the best paceman and shit spinners ?
Besides at least other Countries do not "rig" the pitch durin the match....remmebr in the test match earlier this year, brett lee couldnt bowl properly because he always slipped on a patch on the pitch...so without askin the umpires, the groundsman cut out a hole in the pictch and replaced it with a different patch...WTF?!??? is this cheatin or wat? and the aus media hushed it up...talk about cheatin...and the austaalian cricket team has the nerve to call the indian pitches rigged...lolz :vcross: :vcross:
+ about murali and harbajah - it seems taht any1 who doesnt bowl like the australians hav suspect bowling actions.....

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Most countries do the pitches to suit their style...obviously Indian pitches will be produced to suit the indian players...australia pitches to suit australians and so forth. I dont consider that rigged

Pace Setter

acmilan said:
Interesting article in the sunday telegraph, slater was part of murali's testing and he agrees that hes not a cheater from the evidence because murali was able to bowl his doosra whilst wearing a brace, meaning he couldnt bend his arm, "proving that he can bowl it without bending his arm". Apparantly two other cricketers who thought he was a chucker also changed their attitude after watching it...Michael Holding and some other aussie cricketer that i cant remember.
Note the part within inverted commas. Just because he "can" bowl a doosra within the required limit, doesnt mean he "will." If you got Mcgrath to go in a lab to test if he was a chucker, I'm sure he could also demonstrate somewhere near a "perfect" bowl. Conditions arent the same in a do or die match scenario.

Pace Setter

funnybunny said:
+ about murali and harbajah - it seems taht any1 who doesnt bowl like the australians hav suspect bowling actions.....
Where were you when Brett Lee got scrutinized by the Aussie media and subsequently handed over to the biomechanics to test if he chucked?

budj

HSC
That's a little bit rich coming from someone with such compassion for another singled-out spinner. Here's a brief summary of the major media stories behind these two in the recent past.

Popular opinion 1- "Murali is a blatant chucker who's too scared to bowl normally because he knows he'll get smashed"

Popular opinion 2- "Warnie is a pedophile/gigolo/smoker/gambler/cheat/druggie/all-round dickhead who blames his mum for everything."

Not so Popular opinion 1- "It's just an optical illusion, he's born with it, etc."

Not so Popular opinion 2- "He's actually an all-round top bloke once you meet him. He was trying to lose weight-he was honest about not knowing that diuretics were banned."

So what's it going to be? Stick with the popular opinions or the not-so-popular? Or does what country you come from matter now?
Fact 1: Warne is stupid (be it he didn't kow what diuretics were and his mum is involved, lol)

Fact 2: Warne has beeninvolved in phone sex scandals

Fact 3: Warne has cheated on his wife

Deduction 1: Warne is a dikhead

Contradiction 1: Warne is a top block of the field

Deduction 2: Warne is a dikhead

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Although i agree that murali is the better bowler...i think all that warne has supposedly done wrong should not be considered when comparing their cricket careers. Let the stats speak on their own

budj

HSC
Yeah fairenough bro, ut i rekon that a good cricketer at the international level), encompasses much more than statistics. You need to be a good ambassador of your country, and carry the title proudly. Unfortunately, Warnie does not represent the undelying principles opf being Aussie. THerefore in my books he is not a great cricketer.

But asa bowler in his own respect, I take my hat of to Warnie. But Stats speak and as you say, Acmillian, Murali is the better bowler

Skip

Pace Setter said:
Chuck= Arm Straightening
Chucker=Anyone tested in a lab found chucking. Nobody else has been accurately proven.

Facts that MUST be true=no such thing
Facts that MAY be true=Generalisations based on solid stats or umbrella logic
Facts that arent facts=Generalisations based on generalisations/the head story of the major newspaper
Mate, 99% of tested bowlers were found to chuck, the only one who didn't was Sarwarn (?) who bowls crappy part-time leg-spin. Dismissing this is just blatant disregard of the facts.

budj

HSC
Yes and reading the Sri Lankan news headlines, murali was also tested under video footage from the Aust in SL tests, and was therefore tested under the same conditions, a point i have stressed many times

Pace Setter

Skip said:
Mate, 99% of tested bowlers were found to chuck, the only one who didn't was Sarwarn (?) who bowls crappy part-time leg-spin. Dismissing this is just blatant disregard of the facts.
That is a media headline, not a "fact". For starters they havent tested 99% of bowlers-only the ones at the Champs trophy and a couple of all-time greats. Furthermore, the method that they did test it with is inaccurate.

Accepting the "99% of bowlers are chuckers" comment as gospel is just as bad as calling him a chucker because his action looks dodgy.

Pace Setter

budj said:
Yes and reading the Sri Lankan news headlines, murali was also tested under video footage from the Aust in SL tests, and was therefore tested under the same conditions, a point i have stressed many times
If you've still got that article, provide a link and then tell me where to find:

1. The author of the article and what he's based his claims on

2. Where in the article it says that the findings in that "video" study were used to compare the findings in the Champs Trophy. As far as I'm aware, the 14.8 degrees is his lab result-i.e the ones where he had all that electronic equipment on.

If there's a credible source he's based his claims on-eg. the ACTUAL INVESTIGATION REPORT that hasnt been released to the public yet, then it'd be fair to start talking about "innocence" and clearing. I've gone through the media of pretty much every country in the cricketing world, and this would be a first, so excuse my doubts about the legitimacy of this claim.

Doesnt matter if it's in another language.

budj

HSC
Bro its from "the observer" i think. It a snippet i have, and do you really want me to spell the name?? lol.

What it basically says is that Murali was trialed using thismethod and it came up with 14 degrees, it didn't go into decimals. Unfortunately i cannot provide the link, and because it is Sri Lankan, chances are that it wont be on the net, or translated.

budj

HSC
Pace Setter said:
That is a media headline, not a "fact". For starters they havent tested 99% of bowlers-only the ones at the Champs trophy and a couple of all-time greats. Furthermore, the method that they did test it with is inaccurate.

Accepting the "99% of bowlers are chuckers" comment as gospel is just as bad as calling him a chucker because his action looks dodgy.
Well its not as accurate as lab testing thats for sure, but its still pretty much on the money man. Comparison o video footage vs lab testing results on Murali suggest this.

Pretty much the splt rule on arm bending has to be abolished, and a new consistency needs to be added into the equatio. This is what the ICC is attempting to do for the new year, so good on them for finally accepting science as a key player in sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)