Music 1 Exam Thoughts... (1 Viewer)

daiseydai

HSC
Re: Thoughts...

does anyone here do music 2?

the paper wasn't as bad as i thought. had serious issues with the melody dictation though, got about half of it and the rest just collapsed. hope i got the melodic contour correct atleast.

and was it just me or was question 4 quite slack. i mean THREE works and pitch? haha, who would've known, i'm disappointed it wasn't more general.

i liked the second score though. :) such a nice piece.

Anon42

HSC

bonnie04 said:
eeek the paper seemed harder this year than usual for some reason... hmmm...

by the way, does anyone remember the name of the quartet that sting did that song "until" with? it was question 3 i think? im trying to download it but i cant find it, only the original :(

Yeah, I had trouble finding the song but I eventually got it. http://www.brodskyquartet.co.uk/music/moodswings/index.htm

There's a direct link there to download it =D

The exam was pretty good overall imo!

scoobydoo

HSC

is there any way you can get the full version of that sting song?
i've found the original arrangement.. but i want the brodsky quartet one.. it's beautiful..

=smashly=

HSC

i thought it was alrite. a bit left field but i think i did good.

the last one was a muted trumpet man. also used glissandos/slurs.
thats wat i wrote anyway.

did anyone else write pizzicato for that sting song? :D i felt so cool to use that term. lol.

just glad its all over woooooooooooooooo!

3 more to goooooooo!

yallahabibbii

HSC

Man the first song was so crap

like. yeah all the instruments are synthesised.

and ? lol.

i wrote about alot of crap in the first one. it took me by suprise.

the second song was beautiful. didnt really get like the harmonising and stuff ...

meh.

*you are my sunshine, my only sunshine* lol. i was bouncing and clicking my fingers to it.

hog

hogman
HSC

=smashly= said:
i thought it was alrite. a bit left field but i think i did good.

the last one was a muted trumpet man. also used glissandos/slurs.
thats wat i wrote anyway.

did anyone else write pizzicato for that sting song? :D i felt so cool to use that term. lol.

just glad its all over woooooooooooooooo!

3 more to goooooooo!
yes i also said pizzicato

Overall the test was ok....i found it difficult to name the sounds/instruments in the first question, so i just tried my best to describe all those electric sounds and explained thier role

Second question was too busy, i confused myself! But still got heaps down

Third question was good, not too many instruments and easy to identify the melody and accompaniment and explain hom them harmoise

Fourth question was bloody great! Morrision went off on all different types of expressive techniques!

ledge56

HSC

I have 4 ppl in my music1 class

I found the Paper extremely hard because i panicked and i am no good with aural skills anyway but seriously i panicked. i was sweating and all kinds of stuf .. Was not a pretty 1 hour .

rivergumrob

HSC

I have to say, the music exam was awesome...the best selections of songs EVER for an exam, we got Peter sculthorpe or stupid '20th century music' stuff, no music concrete, no weirdness...
1 electronic, 1 classical, 1 contemporary and then a wicked james morisson one...
which btw was definately a trumpet because that is james morissons signature instrument.

rivergumrob

HSC

that last post was meant to say "...NO peter sculthorpe..." by the way

bonnie04

HSC

psychochondriac said:
3rd question... that was a really cool song! i think it was the brodsky quartet to that person who asked, tried to download it off limewire and couldn't find it.
thank youuu :)

Anon42 said:
Yeah, I had trouble finding the song but I eventually got it. http://www.brodskyquartet.co.uk/music/moodswings/index.htm

There's a direct link there to download it =D

The exam was pretty good overall imo!
and thank you lovely :)

Addictd2

HSC

OMG i found that exam so much weirder than usual

Q1. i just kept on repeating "electronic sound" and then some description it was so dodgy and it was all "keeping the beat"

Q2. was this the accompaniment and relationship with melody? because i had NO clue. i just wrote everything that happened.

Q3. the Sting one? my gosh i had so little written

Q4. was the only one that was ok. i couldnt hear much stuff happening in dynamics. gunna fail!

JhK89

HSC

lol for the third question i just compared and contrasted..

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
that was a wacked paper..... since when do they change the style of questions ?!! our class was expecting decribe the duration, pitch etc... not the relationship between the accomp and melody !!

did anyone hear free rhythm in the beggining of the violin song ? cause my freind said she uput down it was somethin and im like..... i swear it was free rhythm.

i filled all the lines up for evrything i just dunno if i did good.... i kinda talked about the 6 concepts in the first three and in q 4... the dynamics changed bugger all so i focused on expression

Last edited by a moderator:

hog

hogman
HSC
pzellanet said:
the dynamics changed bugger all so i focused on expression
Yes the dynamics did change......trumpet did crescendos/decrescendos, terraced dynamics, accompanyment droped dynamics in solo section, silence was used, etc

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
hog said:
Yes the dynamics did change......trumpet did crescendos/decrescendos, terraced dynamics, accompanyment droped dynamics in solo section, silence was used, etc

i am stuffed arnt i ?
i cant believe i didnt relaise there were crescendos.... i wrote it became forte when the trumpet played in the high register... my average for theroy is about 26/30 i gotta feeling i wont get that.. fingers crossed i do ok

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr_Doom

HSC
With that question that's like describe the melody and accompaniment... Was there 3 tone colour? Vocal, violin and cello? Also was the vocal the melody, violing the counter-melody and cello the accompaniment???

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
I just assumed the vocal line was the melody and the string section was the accompaniment. Your interpretation sounds alright though :D

Man...weird paper much?

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
thats wat i said - i broke the piece into two sections the intro with the free rhythm violin and then the chorus/verse with the male singer.

i said there was male vocals singing the melody, with the pizzicato violin keeping the timing ( and was accomp.) i then said the other vilolins were playing in a canon..... counter melody, forgot about that....... was there a cello ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)