Music 1 Exam Thoughts... (1 Viewer)

moodle_mop

HSC
TOTALLY ADDICTED TO BASS....WAOWAHOOWWW!! that question was hard, i was like "the synthesized thing...and then the other synthezised thing which was a bit different but not, and it was synthezised and low but..." etc
Norwegian orchestra...adequate. Not amazingly spiffing question. Do-able.
Sting KICKED ASS. It's good when they ask you about all the concepts because you can write for ages. Almost had to ask for another booklet.
James Morrison...GAH. I imagined some trumpet player sitting in his exam going "YES OH GOD YES! I KNOW EVERY TRUMPET TECHNIQUE THAT HAS EVER EXISTED!" while the rest of are like..."um....its has a mute? maybe? oh crap..." I completely ran out of stuff to write.
DAMN YOU TRUMPET BOY!!! WITH YOUR SELF-SATISFIED SMIRK!! YOU'LL GET YOURS!!!

moodle_mop

HSC
TOTALLY ADDICTED TO BASS....WAOWAHOOWWW!! that question was hard, i was like "the synthesized thing...and then the other synthezised thing which was a bit different but not, and it was synthezised and low but..." etc
Norwegian orchestra...adequate. Not amazingly spiffing question. Do-able.
Sting KICKED ASS. It's good when they ask you about all the concepts because you can write for ages. Almost had to ask for another booklet.
James Morrison...GAH. I imagined some trumpet player sitting in his exam going "YES OH GOD YES! I KNOW EVERY TRUMPET TECHNIQUE THAT HAS EVER EXISTED!" while the rest of are like..."um....its has a mute? maybe? oh crap..." I completely ran out of stuff to write.
DAMN YOU TRUMPET BOY!!! WITH YOUR SELF-SATISFIED SMIRK!! YOU'LL GET YOURS!!!

sophie_dybs

Elite!
HSC
it was an awesome exam. i picked up the counter melody in sting! yay! im so glad someone else talked about it too.
i loved the james morrison piece- wah wah mutes!
im a woodwind player so i could pick out heaps f techniques i nearly ran out of room!
i picked up the contrasting duration or something in the rhapsody one- that piece was awesome- a bit repetitive in two sections- all that changed was tone colour really.
addicted to bass? EASY!
good luck for the rest all!

sheumack

HSC
I thought the test was really good, question 3 was a bit weird but i filled up all the space preety easily...... Question 4 was awesome....... Loved the call-response at the end!!!!
The only negative for me was the freaking F111's and FA18's being wankers and flying over our school during the excerpts getting ready for the richmond airshow thing........ Oh well!!

grubgerms

HSC
I'm pretty happy we weren't given an avant-garde piece like last years exam.

Hail to modern pieces!

Maybe this year, us music students as a whole won't get scaled down as harshly as we usually do?

Did anyone use the manuscript paper? I don't even know how to write music. LOL

JhK89

HSC
grubgerms said:
I'm pretty happy we weren't given an avant-garde piece like last years exam.

Hail to modern pieces!

Maybe this year, us music students as a whole won't get scaled down as harshly as we usually do?

nup i was gonna but just did it on the lined lines..

schmoph

HSC
Re: Thoughts...

i personally loved the first song, u say how the electronic soud sources are imitating intsuments and have been influenced by funk n jazz, i in particular love that song b4 the exam but any way, james on trumpet was awesome!!!! first n last question, loved! middle werent soo bad, oh well its done now!

wazzaisaweirdo

HSC
grubgerms said:
I only did cause in the last piece i had an extra two minutes or so so i wrote out a counter melody (or what i thought sounded like what i wrote down LOL) That i had made a attempt at writing during the exam in the actual paper. But i hadn't done a very good job so i did it again LOL. Whether or not i did a BETTER job the second time is debatable though. Tehehe. Oh and GO THE CONTRMPORARY MUSIC!! None of that ancient crap which is nice to listen to but DIFFICULT to write a whole lot about lol.

Lauren
ps good luck with everything else people!! =)

blueyez

HSC
who else got 10 minutes of really really heavy rain? apart from butterflyxx and the person who we dont know whether they go to our school.

i just wondered how widespread the rain was. we were in strathfield. it was so bloody annoying, the question was about dynamics... i couldnt even hear the piece.

sheumack

HSC
blueyez said:
who else got 10 minutes of really really heavy rain? apart from butterflyxx and the person who we dont know whether they go to our school.

i just wondered how widespread the rain was. we were in strathfield. it was so bloody annoying, the question was about dynamics... i couldnt even hear the piece.

We didnt have the rain, we had the stupid wanker FA-18's and F-1 11's flying close over our exam which was great to help us concentrate...... NOT

Declaration

HSC
I thought it was the best music exam i've ever done, heaps better than all the past ones we did for study.. easy as :)

UrielDevil

HSC

JhK89 said:
woooooo i wrote trumpet ;)

and ahhh the third question.. actually for all questions i onli wrote about a page... i think im gonna get a band 4 :( i wanted band :O
Hey, don't worry about only writing a page :) . I only wrote about a page per answer in my Trial and got 39/40 (some people in my class wrote 3 pages and got less). It's not really quantity - as long as you've written 8 marks worth then you'll get 8 marks. That could be only 6 sentences and a few diagrams if you're good! ;)

clancyb

HSC
N/A
what was the name of the james morrison piece? i wanna download it and learn the guitar part, that guy had wikkid tone!

GoshuaBuff

HSC
how can anybody actually think it was a saxaphone n not a trumpet in the last question...! 1.It's James Morrison and he doesnt play sax 2.It was quite obvious to me n the others n my class that it was a trumpet. For those who thought it was a sax however it doesnt matter....as long as u supported wat u said ul get marks!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainbow-girl

HSC

I though music was ok. I managed to write a fair bit but i tend to repeat myself a lot so now i think about it i probably didn't write too much ^_^

I hope you all did well!!

P.S the sound sources one was pretty crappy and that song has been stuck in my head too! but its ok cause i like it

Sanzz

HSC
wow..first exam ive actually known an excerpt!! question 1 n the last question Rockd my SocKS

..::staj::..

HSC
I am probably the most incapable student in my music class. I hate aural skills… still, I tried.
I was stressing out like crazy after journeys…. I probably shouldn’t have, it was so easy!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Just wondering, were there only aural response questions (ie. the concepts) or was there also theory and melodic dictation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)