• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Music Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

Wish4WINGS

HSC
I don't get "mainstream musos", hilltop hoods release a new song that gets a bit of mainstream airplay and bam there #1 fan. I bet not one of them could name a song from the calling (there first album) and 1/2 of them couldn't name any other song except the hard road and the other half would chuck in the nosebleed section.
Erghh, at school over the last week everyones been like "chase that feeling!" and im like its not even that good.
Hilltops best songs are Stopping all stations, dumb enough?.
Thank god i've got hardcore to fall back on, no one knows jack napier, her nightmare, carpathain, shinto katana, hand of mercy.
Yes i know hardcore and aus hip-hop are a weird mix.
It's not that i want to be an individual it's just that bandwagons annoy me, especially when people don't know sh#t.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
I don't get "mainstream musos", hilltop hoods release a new song that gets a bit of mainstream airplay and bam there #1 fan. I bet not one of them could name a song from the calling (there first album) and 1/2 of them couldn't name any other song except the hard road and the other half would chuck in the nosebleed section.
Erghh, at school over the last week everyones been like "chase that feeling!" and im like its not even that good.
Thank god i've got hardcore to fall back on, no one knows jack napier, her nightmare, carpathain, shinto katana, hand of mercy.
It's not that i want to be an individual it's just that bandwagons annoy me, especially when people don't know sh#t.
i know carpathian and hand of mercy and ive always loved HTH since i heard the sentinel

So keep me at an arms length by all means and Sani
HSC
oh the hypocricy

their first album was "a matter of time"

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Where's Alan, this thread is about him

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol they released an EP and two albums before The Calling but hey, whatever helps you sleep

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What do you mean Green Day had more albums outside of Dookie?! What's Ignition, that's not an Offspring album?! Splitting the DNA? Linkin Park never released that...etc etc

dunny12

HSC
HTH's are alright

But this is boring

This thread is now about Nightwish!

Who thinks End Of All Hope is the best song ever created?

binary star

HSC
HTH's are alright

But this is boring

This is going to turn into another Tarja vs. Anette argument :mad1::mad1:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Carpathian are really good.

But yeah... a lot of mainstream music is based on one/two hit wonders really. Try and find a fan of Jason Mraz who knows much more than "I'm Yours".

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
There's nothing wrong with bandwagonism, it's just wanky elitism by the "real fans", there's no right way or point to become interested in something.

There's no need (or enough time in the day) to become an expert on every bit of pop culture, or feel bad because you pick and choose the fruit of the forest. If I only want to listen to one album, fuck it.

Diversify your interests.

There are worse things on commercial radio than the hilltop hoods.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
HTH's are alright

But this is boring

Century Child is my favourite Nightwish album and The Phantom of the Opera and Beauty of the beast are better songs then End of all Hope off that album. However The Pharaoh Sails to Orion is my favourite song of there's.

Edit: When I think of Nightwish, Tarja's vocals are much more suited then Anette's more pop-like vocals.

EvilRobotMan

HSC
There's nothing wrong with bandwagonism, it's just wanky elitism by the "real fans", there's no right way or point to become interested in something.

There's no need (or enough time in the day) to become an expert on every bit of pop culture, or feel bad because you pick and choose the fruit of the forest. If I only want to listen to one album, fuck it.

Diversify your interests.

There are worse things on commercial radio than the hilltop hoods.

Yes true about the worse things on the radio, but their is a "wrong way" to get into music and that is intentionally stealing it because its "cool" to like that music. Or, only liking a band once they have been played on commerical radio 600000 billion times aka KINGS OF LEON...does anyone remember when they were good? Now they have been destroyed (both by bandwagonism and writing music that attracts commerical radio fans).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)