• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

music ltastes, boys and girls (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jesus, i was just trying to make a point that someone who has individual taste doesn't have to stick with one genre.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
artfag said:
she also said

John Mayer
Gavin DeGraw
Alicia Keys
Joss Stone
Horace Silver
Dave Weckl
Charlie Parker
Jamie Cullum
Norah Jones
Katie Melua
Maroon 5
Rage Against The Machine
Switchfoot
Guns N Roses
Incubus
Fuel
System of a Down
Metallica
Gin Blossoms
Eric Clapton
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Aaliyah
Third Eye Blind
Green Day
Muse
Brand New
Finch
Hans Zimmer
Debussy
Antonio Vivaldi
Vanessa Mae's renditions of Bach music
Tom Jones
Lenny Kravitz
Macy Gray
Sarah Blasko
Vanessa Carlton
you probably don't know half the people there.

artfag

Banned
HSC
you're right, who are all these extremely obscure artists you speak of?? wow you're so underground that must mean your music is awesome!!

shut your face

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
artfag said:
you're right, who are all these extremely obscure artists you speak of?? wow you're so underground that must mean your music is awesome!!

shut your face
you're always so mean to me!

*runs away crying*

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
looking at that list again

dude artfag!
she said Charlie Parker and Horace Silver! those 2 are AWESOME!

ps. i wonder Stef did u know about H. Silver before or after talking to me? :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
looking at that list again

dude artfag!
she said Charlie Parker and Horace Silver! those 2 are AWESOME!

ps. i wonder Stef did u know about H. Silver before or after talking to me? :)
no i didnt. you got me into horace :) its some good jazz

artfag

Banned
HSC
hey everyone, it's the BOS circle jerk! all are welcome

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
slip said:
but i would agree that its more often girls that dont seem to have a defined musical taste.
that's so stupid. I don't have a defined musical taste, and when people meet me and ask what music I listin to, I never know what to say, mostly because, like ur inner child I listen to lots of different stuff. I know what I like and what I don't, I just like loads of different styles.
Plus I totally agree with whoever said that just because music isn't underground doesn't mean it isn't good.

artfag

Banned
HSC
just tell them that you listen to bad music, am i rite folks

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Serius said:
well iam not entirely sure about this and this is total generalisation but it seems to me that alot more guys have developed their own individual tastes for music than girls, or atleast by the age iam at[17]
more guys seem to have their own tastes in music than girls... like most girls all just listen to pop and what not, iam not saying there is anything wrong with pop, but all my friends have their own individual tastes in music, like iam not into heavy metal, but one of my friends is and i respect that cause thats his tastes, atleast he has a taste in music...

alot of girls listen to whats on the radio and thats about it, i like to feel that i have experienced a broad spectrum of music styles and decided that rap is probably my favourite, but i still have a place for rock....stuff on the radio today doesnt seem to do it for me.. but ok whatever, the thread about music quotes made me think about it cause like if u jut listen to pop stuff how canu truly experience music?? thats alliam saying
shows that u talk to your "friends" heaps, think off all the chicks in our year who love underground punk music....(look at my signiture for one..) then all the others who are into underground aussie hiphop and that, basically your argument has no logic, u say u like rap, yet rap is simply shit they play on the radio....hope your having fun up at schoolies week minus one, dont get to many chicks drunk just so u can sleep with them

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
How do I put this in a way that least offends... oh screw that.

boyo, not all girls listen to pop shit - I sure as hell don't, I'm into rock, punk and metal. I like groups like Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Cradle Of Filth, Systme of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Story of the Year, Alexisonfire, Gyroscope, JimmyEatWorld, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, After The Fall, Blink 182, Grinspoon, Powderfinger, Korn, Metallica, Guns'n'Roses, Soundgarden... basically any music that doesn't make you think of sunshine and lollypops, well maybe in my warped head lol.So there goes your theory that all girls like pop. WTF made you think that????

You've got an interesting theory though. You should've taken a poll though to really find out if you're right.

If it's worth poitning out, I'm a girl and it seems that I have a definite music style, I don't prefer anything else other than the music I've listed. Not to say that I'm narrow minded towards other stylings of music, I don't care what other people like - just don't go around saying that all girls like pop. That annoys me. Stop the streotyping, it gets lame after a while. Though when people ask me what music I enjoy I tell them straight out what I like and what I hate. So, definite music choice.

Everyone to their own.

What was the logic behind this topic? Try and piss off as many girls as you could?

I don't think anyone likes pop anymore (thank god the evil has left the radio), it seems nowadays r'n'b and hip hop is the new pop. Don't like that either, but anyways.

Pop is dead and I'm simultaneously dancing and spitting on it.

As to the original closing comment - I too "shopped around" music wise before I settled with my choice. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
duckofdoom said:
How do I put this in a way that least offends... oh screw that.

boyo, not all girls listen to pop shit - I sure as hell don't, I'm into rock, punk and metal. I like groups like Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Cradle Of Filth, Systme of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Story of the Year, Alexisonfire, Gyroscope, JimmyEatWorld, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, After The Fall, Blink 182, Grinspoon, Powderfinger, Korn, Metallica, Guns'n'Roses, Soundgarden... basically any music that doesn't make you think of sunshine and lollypops, well maybe in my warped head lol.So there goes your theory that all girls like pop. WTF made you think that????

You've got an interesting theory though. You should've taken a poll though to really find out if you're right.

If it's worth poitning out, I'm a girl and it seems that I have a definite music style, I don't prefer anything else other than the music I've listed. Not to say that I'm narrow minded towards other stylings of music, I don't care what other people like - just don't go around saying that all girls like pop. That annoys me. Stop the streotyping, it gets lame after a while. Though when people ask me what music I enjoy I tell them straight out what I like and what I hate. So, definite music choice.

Everyone to their own.

What was the logic behind this topic? Try and piss off as many girls as you could?

I don't think anyone likes pop anymore (thank god the evil has left the radio), it seems nowadays r'n'b and hip hop is the new pop. Don't like that either, but anyways.

Pop is dead and I'm simultaneously dancing and spitting on it.

As to the original closing comment - I too "shopped around" music wise before I settled with my choice. That's all I'm saying.
see jarad, a girl with great taste...some bands that kick arse and u can never call "pop" such as...

Nirvana, Systme of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Story of the Year, Alexisonfire, Gyroscope, Foo Fighters, After The Fall, Korn

and yes, his aim probably was to make chicks hate him, jarad doesnt seem to care what the ladies think of him, once they are drunk to a state of near unconciousness he can can root em anyway....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)