Musical Instruments (1 Viewer)

DLMisme

HSC
I used to play the piano for a couple of years but I quit and went back to it, then quit again. I tried bass guitar for a little while but I just never got into it.

cassdan1996

HSC
I play guitar, flute, piccolo, violin, piano, voice, ukulele and a few others haha :) i teach myself everything!

i desperately want to learn oboe! Just need to find a reasonably priced one to begin on!!

Svelyn

HSC
N/A
Recorder/Pianica in early childhood, pianist up till grade 5, and violin for three yrs in grade 3, now stopped and reduced to just a side hobby.

karlyah

HSC
i've been playing piano since i was 6 and this year i taught myself the acoustic guitar.
but i really want to learn the electric guitar and violin now!

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
I want to learn cello, opera singing, violin, flute, and how to perform on stage without shaking hands and butterflies in my stomach. But apparently nervousness can make a good performance. Yet not in my case.

elMadayag

HSC
I started learning basic acoustic guitar (chords) when I was in year 2. That was on and off, and rarely though. However, when I took my first music class in year 7, and I knew most of the things about guitar that the teacher was teaching, it encouraged me to take music as an elective. But when I took music in year 9, I was the worst guitarist in the class. The best guitarist in the class did fingerpicking, so that was what I started to learn. Everyday, when I got home, I would practise guitar while watching youtube videos, which resulted in like 3 hours a day of practise non-stop. Now, I'm either the best or second best guitarist in the grade and its one of the things that I'm known for in the entire school. I also just recently started singing publicly, and apparently I'm quite good, as that always results in a good reaction from both crowds and individual people.

elMadayag

HSC
Btw, if you want to improve in ANY musical instrument, then I would recommend doing live performances as often as possible (like in a band). It greatly improves your musicianship and even improves self confidence. I recently started playing for my church band every week, and my performances just got SOOO much better.

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Good for you. Guitar is probably not the best instrument to start with since it's rather difficult to start beeing good, but when you press it for a while and get into it it's really cool one.

eastpak

HSC
N/A
Good for you. Guitar is probably not the best instrument to start with since it's rather difficult to start beeing good, but when you press it for a while and get into it it's really cool one.
You should try drums...

elMadayag

HSC
To be fair, I imagine that most instruments that you are new to would be difficult (to learn as well as to be good). So according to that logic, you could start with any instrument (including guitar or drums too). However, thanks for the reply, and I hope you the best in improving your own musical talent.

seanieg89

HSC
Electric and acoustic guitar. Played the violin for ~7 years but haven't owned one for quite some time. Am looking to get back into the violin soon.

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
I was learning guitar for few years, played some bass afterwards. Damn I must start with it again.

HSC
I've been self-teaching myself piano and violin for the past few months. I wanted to find a fun way to learn without worrying too much about formalities and technicalities. Violin has been harder to learn than piano though, but I'm managing!

DLMisme

HSC
I can play a little piano but the best musician in my family is definitely my sister, she plays guitar. A couple of days ago one of the strings snapped while she was tuning it and hit her right on the arm, I must say it was hilarious :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)