Musical Instruments (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mack said:
I just played that, I didnt find it hard.....Maybe im just a fully PwNzOr aXeMaN?
Did yo play it the way I am trying to:confused:?

mack said:
Practising it over and over with a metronome will take care of it though.
Haha, what is a metronome? I have no idea:eek:.

mack said:
I cant believe youre a guy.......
How many people read The O.C. thread and don't post in it:p. Seriously though, why is it so hard to believe? I always have pictures of girls on my avatar;).

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Merethrond said:
How many people read The O.C. thread and don't post in it:p. Seriously though, why is it so hard to believe? I always have pictures of girls on my avatar;).
I read it often, but don't post in it often, but still...

MouNtY

my voice is my instrument....(i've never said that out loud), i played piano for a while too..i can also play a bit of guitar...but mainly i'm just a singer, and everything else is just a sort of accompanying hobby...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
could you please tell me what a metronome does/is? Thanks:).
its one of those tick tock thingys you see on top of pianos. it makes sure youre keeping the tempo and not going too fast or too slow.

mack

Banned
HSC
Yeah. My advice to you Merethrond is to buy a more expensive wooden one. The electronic ones are around $30 cheaper but they are so annoying and youll probably end up smashing it into tiny bits after a few days...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ezzy85 said:
its one of those tick tock thingys you see on top of pianos. it makes sure youre keeping the tempo and not going too fast or too slow.
Thanks:). It is not going to do me much good though because for one, I don't know what timing it is in, and secondly, I need to play it as slow as possible at the moment:D.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mack said:
You can alter the times on them. Anything from Largo to Presto.
What the:p? I doesn't matter if you can change the timing though if you don't know what the timing of each song is to start with:p.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
u can use an online metronome if you get desperate.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Merethrond said:
What the:p? I doesn't matter if you can change the timing though if you don't know what the timing of each song is to start with:p.
if you have a cd version of the song, listen to it and work out the beat, then match the speed of the metronome the beat of the song. easy

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cactus said:
if you have a cd version of the song, listen to it and work out the beat, then match the speed of the metronome the beat of the song. easy
Oh, that is a good idea. I think I might do that then. What I usually do is try and play with the music playing in the background. Is that bad do you think? Also, and I feel so stupid asking this, do you work out the beat/timing from the drums don't you:eek:?

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Merethrond said:
Oh, that is a good idea. I think I might do that then. What I usually do is try and play with the music playing in the background. Is that bad do you think? Also, and I feel so stupid asking this, do you work out the beat/timing from the drums don't you:eek:?
Theres no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people. it's easiest to pick up the beat from the drums yes. just tap your foot to the song and you should be able to find the beat.

I think its good to practice with the song playing in the background, that makes sure you play in the right time

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i have this super cute metronome/tuner thats so cool and tiny
it was only 60 bucks and bext ever cos it fits in my clarinet case perfectly
electronic ones are cool cos u can also change sime signatures, beats, note groupings, etc, and its more accurate cos i can put in the exact timing.
and its cuter :p

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
arg, electronic metronomes are annoying, unless it's mutable, and you can only see the red and green lights in time without the beeps

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I played the flute for 6 years, and the bassoon for 2. God, I love the bassoon, sounds so amusing. :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Daemontreu said:
I played the flute for 6 years, and the bassoon for 2. God, I love the bassoon, sounds so amusing. :)
Haha, what is a Bassoon:)?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)